Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will insta-buy 'dis as soon as it hits EA. Hurry up damn you!!!
Ayup. Just hope we don't get gypped eh.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With new ways to breach the castle walls sieges would be fun.
But I personally looking forward to raiding changes. I always preferred to have a band of raiders and go on a pillage spree across the land. So I'd like to see the option to capture a castle and then pillage it, instead of taking it for me. Or hold it as a base of my brigand operations. So more options for raiding, ike taking slaves is what I wait for.

Is these raiding changes something you wish for, or is it something that will be in the game? Haven't read anything about that.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm also hoping for some more raiding, mercenary options. Being a freelancer has always been fun in M&B. But in the end to continue you have to play the game of thrones :P

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
They seem to have really combed their forums for feature wishlists, as well as raided the most popular mods for ideas. I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff from Diplomacy etc. will be there in some shape or form.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In the end, mods will fix it. And the game will obviously have a huge modding community so I'm not worried if it lacks a lot of features.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Mods did a lot for M&B, but I'm hoping to see built in gameplay elements for diplomacy, holding management etc that go beyond what's possible with the scripting system. Emergent gameplay is hard when all you have is a collection of mod scripts.

Anyway, I agree with Metro, release this shit already! I'm going to make an exception from my principle of not playing early access and jump straight in on day 1. I just want to ride around on a horse and kill things, I can wait for the rest of the game.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Mods did a lot for M&B, but I'm hoping to see built in gameplay elements for diplomacy, holding management etc that go beyond what's possible with the scripting system. Emergent gameplay is hard when all you have is a collection of mod scripts.

Anyway, I agree with Metro, release this shit already! I'm going to make an exception from my principle of not playing early access and jump straight in on day 1. I just want to ride around on a horse and kill things, I can wait for the rest of the game.

Nothing better than a fresh bolt in the face. Day -1 purchase for me as well, had enough fun with M&B even wihout mods. I have no integrity, so at least I dont have to explain myself like you folks do :D

Severian Silk

Is there a "Best M&B Mod" thread anywhere? I have not played the game in ages.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Is there a "Best M&B Mod" thread anywhere? I have not played the game in ages.
Can't really go wrong with one of Nova Aetas, Prophesy of Pendor, Floris, A Clash of Kings, Brytenwalda, Gekokujo or Anno Domini 1257.

Warsword Conquest for some Warhammer flavor. Fairly buggy and feels pretty basic, but you have halflings riding on dogs.

Severian Silk

I hope I can find my registration info. I bought the game before version 0.8, and at the time you had to log into their site or email them or something else stupid. :(

Zanzoken

Arcane
I long ago made it a rule to never D1P games but it really looks like TW has their shit together. The core systems that made M&B great seem to be intact but with several nice additions, improvements, and other cool features. Honestly I'd probably buy it for improved campaign AI if nothing else.

If I do see a potential criticism, it's that the game will still be kinda limited in the things you can do outside of killing bandits and busting up enemy vassals. People who want to do a playthrough as a trader, diplomat, outlaw, or something like that will probably be disappointed.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
When you're dealing with a sequel that's essentially an advanced iterative of the prior game it's hard to go wrong. I know not all esteemed Codexers like them but I preordered Orcs must Die 2 and Torchlight 2 because those were two formulas I knew would be easily replicated. Plus Warband isn't a game you can get tired of playing it in Early Access. You play it for 50 hours, put it aside, start another playthrough. Side with a different faction, maybe play as a bandit. Then there's mods mods mods. Same will be true for Bannerlord.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Considering Viking Conquest since it's on sale but I'm actually a huge fan of the deeper RPG style DLC/mods (versus sandbox). Bannerlord should be in EA so I can just buy that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Viking Conquest I found more fun than the base warband. Story's ok too.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I found the Phantasy Calradia mod and it looked pretty neat, haven't played it though. Anyone here have experience with that one?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
I found the Phantasy Calradia mod and it looked pretty neat, haven't played it though. Anyone here have experience with that one?
Trying to play as a barbarian, far too crowded over world, way too many crazy powerful enemies on the prowl. And slowdowns every time a fantasy mob group spawns.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Considering Viking Conquest since it's on sale but I'm actually a huge fan of the deeper RPG style DLC/mods (versus sandbox). Bannerlord should be in EA so I can just buy that.

I figured I'd give it a shot since it was only $4 but not really impressed so far.

The goal apparently was to be historically accurate, which I can appreciate... except the Viking age actually seems pretty boring from a military standpoint. Horses and heavy armor are very expensive and rare, you can't shoot bows on horseback, and I don't think lances even exist in the game. So that core M&B experience of galloping around fucking dudes up is kinda gutted.

What you are left with is a bunch of barbarians in tunics wielding axes, knives, and round shields. Imagine Nords with a little bit of Vaegirs and Rhodoks sprinkled in, and that's every kingdom. Which again seems realistic for the time period but feels quite limited even compared to vanilla.

Granted I've only been playing the Story mode and I'm not very far in, so these are just first impressions. And to its credit the Story has already had some good C&C which was really a surprise.

kris

Arcane

I figured I'd give it a shot since it was only $4 but not really impressed so far.

The goal apparently was to be historically accurate, which I can appreciate... except the Viking age actually seems pretty boring from a military standpoint. Horses and heavy armor are very expensive and rare, you can't shoot bows on horseback, and I don't think lances even exist in the game. So that core M&B experience of galloping around fucking dudes up is kinda gutted.

What you are left with is a bunch of barbarians in tunics wielding axes, knives, and round shields. Imagine Nords with a little bit of Vaegirs and Rhodoks sprinkled in, and that's every kingdom. Which again seems realistic for the time period but feels quite limited even compared to vanilla.

Granted I've only been playing the Story mode and I'm not very far in, so these are just first impressions. And to its credit the Story has already had some good C&C which was really a surprise.

I also picked it up on the cheap and I don't really see how it is even an improvement on their free mod "Brytenwalda". Now, i did really like Brytenwalda, but so far it seems to be superior to this DLC.
It really dont really offer anything new.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Haven't played much of britworld, so I found VC to be fun. Shield thumping while marching with your bros is pretty fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom