Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
hmm, looks basically the same game with better graphics, but I think it worths the price of the original game for both the new setting and the graphics.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, the live demo was more or less same walkthrough with the off-screen gameplay video.

About the damn release date, they said they're hoping to release it this year in some form (implying beta or early access).

edit: Archived one:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Besides better gfx and a fucked up inventory menu it looks basically the same as the first one.

Don't fix what ain't broken.

Prophecy of Pendor looks the same as normal warband but under the hood it is better in every sense than sequel to warband that no one ever created.

Morkar Left

As much as I loved M&B I have to say they have to improve the campaign and rpg mechanics a lot. The time it was first released the gameplay was so novel and great that you could generously overlook the flaws. But now after M&B, Warband and the half a dozen spin-offs and all the mods I expect more change or better an expansion of the existing features.

Beastro

Arcane
As much as I loved M&B I have to say they have to improve the campaign and rpg mechanics a lot. The time it was first released the gameplay was so novel and great that you could generously overlook the flaws. But now after M&B, Warband and the half a dozen spin-offs and all the mods I expect more change or better an expansion of the existing features.

I worry they didn't learn the lesson of their first release and that being that graphics aren't required for success, but keeping up with evolving the gameplay is crucial.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Graphics on a level like the newer Total War games would be OK if it also meant we could play Mount & Blade with thousands of soldiers.

praetor

Arcane
'tis a pity this still has that shitty floaty "strafe left and right like a retard at running speed while swinging a piece of cardboard at 0,4 normal speed" :(

deuxhero

Arcane
I noticed a very katana looking "eastern blade" was one of the options for the weapon crafting. Wonder just what kinds of swords will be there considering katanas are fairly late designs and Bannerlord takes centuries prior to the original game (also if you can make a naginata). Admittedly the original game had sides from wildly different time periods already.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Does anyone know how they are handling modding? They basically abandoned modders after Warband..

If they just improve graphics and increase moddability - I'll day one purchase this .

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone know how they are handling modding? They basically abandoned modders after Warband..

If they just improve graphics and increase moddability - I'll day one purchase this .

Here is a video about the engine:

Now I haven't seen this video for a while, but from what I remember they are showing and talking about how easy it is going to be for modders to mod the game.

Beastro

Arcane
I hope they improve the AI. Sounds to me like the game's heavily inspired by Brytenwalda and if so they need better mechanics for shield walls. As fun and deep as the mod was, large advanced battles devolved into two shield walls mashing together with the one with better troops winning and leaving you're only options as a commander to try to spring out flanking ambushes and then retreat before the mob chased you down.

I can see why reducing the power of the player is important in the mod, since if you played right you could effectively win battles by yourself if you had enough troops to keep the battle going, but making you near powerless was a terrible alternative.

I can see why reducing the power of the player is important in the mod, since if you played right you could effectively win battles by yourself if you had enough troops to keep the battle going

"I've heard tale you decided to besiege my castle and ransack my lands. Right then, I'm going to stand at the head of this ladder and personally smack each and every one of you off it. All 687 of you. Come on you poncy bastards!"

zNMmKPt.jpg

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath

Here is a video about the engine:

Now I haven't seen this video for a while, but from what I remember they are showing and talking about how easy it is going to be for modders to mod the game.

I think they've also said that instead of using Python for scripting, it'll be C#.

Beastro

Arcane
"I've heard tale you decided to besiege my castle and ransack my lands. Right then, I'm going to stand at the head of this ladder and personally smack each and every one of you off it. All 687 of you. Come on you poncy bastards!"

I had in mind more of how you with a bow and spear would unhorse most of the enemy cav with headshots and then spend the next hour careful lancing everyone down one by one, but that works too.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think they've also said that instead of using Python for scripting, it'll be C#.
Mount & Blade doesn't actually use Python for scripting, it has it's own scripting language that's wrapped inside a python script that compiles the M&B script into game readable files. It's a pain to work with since you have all these python constructs inside the script code that have no function in the game. Swapping python for C# will make zero difference unless they also restructure how the mod files are generated.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

I had in mind more of how you with a bow and spear would unhorse most of the enemy cav with headshots and then spend the next hour careful lancing everyone down one by one, but that works too.
That's a completely legit tactic though.

Beastro

Arcane

Yeah like when William the Conqueror was losing at Hastings so he cast off his helm, found a pony and a stick and went on to spend the rest of the day mowing the Anglo-Saxons down one by one.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Yeah like when William the Conqueror was losing at Hastings so he cast off his helm, found a pony and a stick and went on to spend the rest of the day mowing the Anglo-Saxons down one by one.
He could headshot with a bow while on horseback? Impressive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom