Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Bulba

Learned
warband vanilla was mediocre at best, with diplomacy and that mod with formations + ladders and other tweaks, was for me the best game played in the last 10 years. MB was never good without mods, but some of the main mods make the game awesome, and not horrible conversion liek prophesy of splendor or the other one..

• Diplomacy gives you clear stats on your relation with the lords and their relation to their kings. On top of that it helps you manage the castles, fiefs or kingdom much easily with the help of advisors and wife.
  • PBOD it simply fixes the battles with AI Lords, due to addition of formations and improved battle AI. Along with this comes special formation for players troops, and new additions like spear bracing, horse lance, companions as bodyguards and more.
  • Freelancer allows you to enlist into a lord army alone and rise in ranks from recruit to knight(based on the faction troop tree), gain good loot from battles, money and relation with the faction and the lord. You can also keep the last equipment if you stayed long enough in service (45 days at the moment).
If you can stomach 1.143 try my mod it brings the best of Warband in one package + my personal tweaks and features: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced
this mod comp sounds great. replay № 1000000 incoming

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
warband vanilla was mediocre at best, with diplomacy and that mod with formations + ladders and other tweaks, was for me the best game played in the last 10 years. MB was never good without mods, but some of the main mods make the game awesome, and not horrible conversion liek prophesy of splendor or the other one..

• Diplomacy gives you clear stats on your relation with the lords and their relation to their kings. On top of that it helps you manage the castles, fiefs or kingdom much easily with the help of advisors and wife.
  • PBOD it simply fixes the battles with AI Lords, due to addition of formations and improved battle AI. Along with this comes special formation for players troops, and new additions like spear bracing, horse lance, companions as bodyguards and more.
  • Freelancer allows you to enlist into a lord army alone and rise in ranks from recruit to knight(based on the faction troop tree), gain good loot from battles, money and relation with the faction and the lord. You can also keep the last equipment if you stayed long enough in service (45 days at the moment).
If you can stomach 1.143 try my mod it brings the best of Warband in one package + my personal tweaks and features: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced
How is this better than Floris?

Indranys

Savant
And bros please, don't forget the mighty Brytenwalda.
The newest Rome at War SP mod is actually quite fun too.
Sarissa bitches, it's sarissa raep time!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tried Brytenwalda, wasn't impressed. Wasn't impressed with 1257, either -- the AI was retarded.

Oesophagus

Arcane
So it'll be prettier Warband basically... Not much incentive to spend jewgold there, my experience with MB now consists of playing the game for 1-2 hours and remembering that all it amounts to is grinding.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Brytenwalda suffers hard from too much Blade and not enough Mount. Horseback combat is by far the most fun in M&B.

Thane Solus

Arcane

How is this better than Floris?

I hate Floris, weird troops and many things poorly made as a total conversion, i prefer standard vanilla units, a little balance, diplomacy mod its a must and on graphics just small improvements here and there, but of course its subjective, havent tried it for a long time, maybe the updates polished it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, Floris introduced two shit things for every good thing it introduced.

Indranys

Savant
Tried Brytenwalda, wasn't impressed. Wasn't impressed with 1257, either -- the AI was retarded.
Brytenwalda suffers hard from too much Blade and not enough Mount. Horseback combat is by far the most fun in M&B.
Yeah if you hate to fight as a footman then you'll hate Brytenwalda.
But damn I just love it, spears, shieldwalls, saxons and shit.
It's more of a small skirmishes + raids than epic battles stuff.
Fighting side by side with a ragtag band of sheep fuckers who can't swing shit and seeing them transforming into proper warriors is really something.
A lot of mods lack that kind of feeling IMO. Playing as a grunt with freelance mod in Floris, Pendor etc isn't as fun as Brytenwalda.

The setting is also brilliant IMO, they really nailed the atmosphere up to the tiny details.
Floris has more modern features, but Brytenwalda isn't that shabby for an old mod.
But having pre battle order mod like in those newer mods will be great indeed.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Step aside, Geralt.

1TuiHBf.gif

Eyeball

Arcane
Mildly worried about "adding much better graphics without sacrificing performance." Not sure how they intend to do that, considering the dozens of individual characters is what makes M&B so damned great. Still, the terrain editor at least looks quite grand, so maybe there's hope for this game yet.

BrickManslab

Educated
Given how much time modders wasted on building maps and villages that no-one ever saw because the town menu made it pointless, anything that makes that process easier so they can move on to real content is a good thing.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Warband was just a slightly improved Mount & Blade and it didn't even do much to hide that fact. Mount & Blade 2 is going to have to do a lot better if they want me to purchase it at any time other than when it's on a 75% off sale.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
You can't be implying Boringlord is that much of a leap. The models and animations look horribly stiff. It's like an ENB mod with HD textures.

We've barely even seen animations yet for fuck's sake, you can't judge them based on those few glimpses at the end. The environments, which we actually have seen now, are much improved. We had those screenshots about models before and yeah, they don't look massively improved I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean it'll be the final look for them.

And even if that's the case, mods will fix it :troll: since we'll have some proper tools this time around - and seems like TW is being smart with the engine being made with mods in mind so that it doesn't shit the bed as soon as you introduce some higher-resolution textures etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom