Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So glad they're spending their time/money on this highly important feature.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe will feature a token Warhammer rule - when the soldier is promoted heremoves his helmet.
On the other hand - they can explain open helm by making full helmets available only to the highest tier troops. Common men-at-arms most probably will have a helm that barely covers his ears... if he isl ucky.

deuxhero

Arcane
Actually isn't Bannerlord a prequel? Put it in pseudo-rome instead of pseudo-middle ages, and you don't have TOO many closed face helms to worry about (there's still the stupidly iconic corinthian and cassis crista, but it's the clear minority)

It's also a good excuse to add slings. I want slings damn it!

Also: are they stick all these highly detailed and individualized faces onto the same body again? Doesn't need to be full Dragon's Dogma type stuff, but some model variety (ESPECIALLY for different cultures) is needed

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Actually isn't Bannerlord a prequel? Put it in pseudo-rome instead of pseudo-middle ages, and you don't have TOO many closed face helms to worry about (there's still the stupidly iconic corinthian and cassis crista, but it's the clear minority)

It's also a good excuse to add slings. I want slings damn it!
I believe we know fuck all about the setting apart from the first concept art shown depicted iron age style tribes men.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I'm going to assume "disable dynamic facial expressions during battle" will be a graphics option. Seems like it would be too big a perfromance hit for too little gain (most higher level troops don't have visible faces).

It's most likely a simple vertex animation switch with some curve blending inbetween. Shouldn't be very performance intensive at all, you have vertex shaders in Warband mods already. (wavy grass, flags etc.)

Also: are they stick all these highly detailed and individualized faces onto the same body again? Doesn't need to be full Dragon's Dogma type stuff, but some model variety (ESPECIALLY for different cultures) is needed

Some of the development footage showed all kinds of body sliders, so no.

I believe we know fuck all about the setting apart from the first concept art shown depicted iron age style tribes men.
Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

We know quite a bit more than that actually. It IS a prequel, the old Calradian empire is about to fall and the factions won't include Nords (who arrived later). There are three major factions and supposedly several smaller regional ones. (like bandits and tribesmen)

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't really been following the game at all, but this is the first time I'm hearing about marriage in the game. Will it be a romance simulator, as well? My excitement for this game is fast approaching zero.

deuxhero

Arcane
It was in Warband too.

It was OK for what it was there: A pretty much entirely political thing. Either you used marriage to enter the nobility or you played evil queen and married the most powerful single guy you could find (with a bonus if he had powerful relatives who could join you in any rebellion you start) and controlled him like a puppet.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I haven't really been following the game at all, but this is the first time I'm hearing about marriage in the game. Will it be a romance simulator, as well? My excitement for this game is fast approaching zero.
Marriage ≠ romance.

Play the following game for 200 hours then come back and post about your experiences with marriage and romance:
http://www.crusaderkings.com/

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

I think one of the factions is exactly that.

yn5YFTkh.jpg

BannerlordArtwork_22.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
Knew about that screenshot, just the limited stuff scene doesn't really say firmly "this is rome"

Didn't know about that concept art though. Nice to see. Hope they have slings.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Marriage ≠ romance.

Play the following game for 200 hours then come back and post about your experiences with marriage and romance:
http://www.crusaderkings.com/
But they're focusing on immersion now. CK is definitely not immersive. I'm just worried about the whole game since they seem to think grafx was the biggest complaint anyone had.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The funny thing is who gives a shit about the graphics of a town when most of the time you're better off just using a quick menu mod to visit the market/manage shit (versus riding around the two or three tedious and uninteresting streets filled with generic npcs). I'll be hugely disappointed if empire management isn't more fleshed out when they spent all this money on graphics.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't mind if bounty quests took more effort than go to settlement, find suspicious guy and beat him.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They make a blog post about factions and people spooge (in the comments section). Let me know when they make one about updated mechanics. Although it's nice they're adding 'minor' factions -- guess that means joinable bandits or something?

I winced when I read: "an emotionally grabbing narrative hook."

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Has there been any word on whether this game will actually have any content? I couldn't give a fuck about factions if the game is going to end up being just as lacklustre as Warband was. I recently started playing Warband again and I was amazed all over again at how unfinished it feels.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Define 'content.' It's intentionally designed to be a sandbox. If you mean better empire management mechanics, more interesting castles/cities, slightly more involved repeatable-type quests then, yes, that would be nice. If you mean a focused single player experience then... probably not. And it works horribly in this type of game. See, e.g., Fire and Sword.

Also, I accept the fact that it's still going to be somewhat 'minimalist' as they make support modding. Warband (to me, at least) is one of those games that I played vanilla, then had fun with one mod, then another, then another. So long as it's reasonably priced around $30-40 I will...

:d1p:

Thane Solus

Arcane
warband vanilla was mediocre at best, with diplomacy and that mod with formations + ladders and other tweaks, was for me the best game played in the last 10 years. MB was never good without mods, but some of the main mods make the game awesome, and not horrible conversion liek prophesy of splendor or the other one..

• Diplomacy gives you clear stats on your relation with the lords and their relation to their kings. On top of that it helps you manage the castles, fiefs or kingdom much easily with the help of advisors and wife.
  • PBOD it simply fixes the battles with AI Lords, due to addition of formations and improved battle AI. Along with this comes special formation for players troops, and new additions like spear bracing, horse lance, companions as bodyguards and more.
  • Freelancer allows you to enlist into a lord army alone and rise in ranks from recruit to knight(based on the faction troop tree), gain good loot from battles, money and relation with the faction and the lord. You can also keep the last equipment if you stayed long enough in service (45 days at the moment).
If you can stomach 1.143 try my mod it brings the best of Warband in one package + my personal tweaks and features: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced

Eyeball

Arcane
I've yet to see anything about Bannerlord that made me excited for its release. And I consider MB1 to be the best game made post-2000.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom