Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Motorsport Manager (PC)

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I was always "in front" even with crappy infrastructure IF I continued to develop risky/high level parts which would get carried to the next season. After improving your car a bit, just continue to develop parts(even risky ones, it won't carry over) with as much MAX stat as possible. You'd probably end up a few places up in the next season. I played for like.. 8-9 seasons and I was growing better and better (altough, I wasn't 1'st every season)

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
do risky parts get carried over if they are banned after usage though?
Also, if I hire a garbage tier driver as reserve, do I still fully profit from any +marketability traits he might have?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Personally, I haven't used them at all. Only build them with next season in mind.

Nope, only your main drivers marketability matters. It's a waste. You'd better hire a pay-driver and use them in practice, making you some dough every week. It's a good idea if you're running low on money or can't really spend anything on developing your HQ.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Some tips:

Create a team give you a garbage one, get used to suck for a couple season and just build up hq/parts. (upgrade factory, then track for engine)
Don't look at stars, look at the stats and ignore the talent until decent hq.
A good pilot is wasted on a crap car, so just get the cheapest one with the best marketability, smoothness (tire wear) is the most important race stat.
Go for cheap mechanic 1 with best reliability and decent concentration-pit, get the second with best performance and decent concentration-pit.
Focus on a single car/pilot.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
I'm close to finishing my first season in asia pacific and it really feels like I'm back to square one. After 9 races full of bad luck and poor decisions my team's at rank 10, tied for 0 points with another team. Somehow I got worse during the season. Also my whole pit crew except 3 just quitted and I can't afford to upgrade the trash crew anymore.
How do demotions work? Are they player decisions like promos?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Also, if I try to bully a driver by benching him, trashtalking him in interviews... Do I actually get the contract breaking fee if he hires somewhere else?

i bought this because i'm sad and lonely and because noone of you gifted me anything this year :'( you meanies!
i only wish there would have been helpers during the race, like suggesting pit stops strategies and calculating fuel usage. real f1 has hundreds of people doing this every second, it's a bit silly i have to do it all myself. also it's pretty stupid that the fuel interface tells me how many laps of fuel i'm going to put in while the counter says x/y laps; i know it's first grade math but still, why should i do the calculation every time?
maybe i missed it, but probably it doesn't exist: isn't there a way to watch the race and leave the controls to the computer? even some suggestions here and there would work to alleviate this absence, not just "hey, my engine almost broke down" when it's too late.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Dude, this is not a driving simulator, pulling a good strategy IS the game.

Fuel is bound by rules for max capacity. (so everyone have to do at least x pits)

Parts blowing up is only a issue in the early game and for the 1 race of the season, just improve reliability fast.

am i wrong or the best way to get a decent car as a freshly created team is to just smash your own cars into a wall for 2-3 years, without spending a dime, and then buying all the best stuff at once?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
am i wrong or the best way to get a decent car as a freshly created team is to just smash your own cars into a wall for 2-3 years, without spending a dime, and then buying all the best stuff at once?
You mean the chassis components you buy at the beginning of each season? I actually always buy the cheapest option (except if your rules allow batteries. They seem to have quite some impact). I rather spend the money on improving components constantly, and after a few seasons I always score 1st and 2nd place no matter the chassis.
The only time I invest money in chassis is when I got promoted to a higher division, because you need to grasp for every straw to not immediately get relegated again after the first season. But if you never spent money on chassis before and didn't waste your dollars on needless infrastructure, you should have a decent financial cushion to be able to survive the tough first season.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

I must admit I never though of that, and it might work but considering it takes a day or two of your life just grinding up the few numbers it may be one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Riso

Arcane
The most importing thing in the game is engine power but you can't get more than a slight boost by switching suppliers. I suggest to try and get it voted in as spec asap. Then get a decent driver to score points.

actually in third season i developed an engine fast enough to let me start score points when the spec engines were voted in, and i lost all my advantage. i had to spend 1m to vote them back out.

but anyway i feel like i wasted my money, the game in theory is interesting, being fifa manager for cars, but in practice it's extremely barebone, there's a minuscule amount of things to do, a dozen buildings and 1-useless-question interviews (which are no more than 4 or 5) won't cut it for me. and on top of this the mod scene is dead and doesn't seem it's ever truly been alive either.

Nirvash

Liturgist

No, just go for max improvability. (always, and if they give you the event "pay for more of it", say yes)

Well, fuel efficiency can be good if you like to push the car, as is tyre wear if you get a over 50% fuel/race rule and/or you have crap smoothness pilots.

Always improve everything, the parts max stat carry over the next season (but not really if you get promoted)

actually in third season i developed an engine fast enough to let me start score points when the spec engines were voted in, and i lost all my advantage. i had to spend 1m to vote them back out.

Always push for spec stuff, is less money you have to sink.

after a bunch of seasons my character was 20/20/20, so i applied to ferrari and everyone was happy to see me join.

i've wasted my money on worse but it's wasted money nonetheless.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Could have started with Ferrari right away and saved yourself the hassle.

I played with mid tier teams like Lotus and was competitive from the start. Of course it feels much more rewarding to win 1 or 2 races per seasons if you have an inferior engine.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Been playing this for the past few days and it's so damn addicting.

Just doing the ERS, restarted a few times, now I am in my 2019 season with ZRT and finally getting some traction.

Are there any mods for this game that aren't just REAL RACER NAMES N CARS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom