Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most overrated crpgs on codex that likaq doesn't like ( poll )

Most overrated crpgs on codex

• Total voters

LJ40

Cipher
If I want to flex my reading skills I will read actual books,

51pYuV%2BWtGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"It's so tragic the way they hopped on pop." - Homer Simpson

Baron Dupek

Arcane
No Dragon Age? No Mass Effect? No Skyrim (probably because everyone here dumped hundreds of hours into it)? No Fallout 3?
BTW. IWD1 and IWD2 could be merged, not that many people played IWD2 anyway.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
51pYuV%2BWtGL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"It's so tragic the way they hopped on pop." - Homer Simpson
'Now I declare that's too bad!' Humpty Dumpty cried, breaking into a sudden passion. 'You've been listening at doors — and behind trees — and down chimneys — or you couldn't have known it!'

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
No Dragon Age? No Mass Effect? No Skyrim? No Fallout 3?

The Actual Thread Title said:
Most overrated crpgs on codex

Even if there was a large following of people that LOVE those games.. They wouldn't dare admit it after ME3 and DA:I. :lol:
Also.. Fallout 3? Really?

I think PoE should be on there.. Sure it's a shit game and we all know that deep down.. but it also has like 200 fucking reviews, shillitron's stamp of approval on the curator page (that people are now quoting as the voice of the dex) and a list of fanboys who still defend it to the death (check the list of people who have me on ignore)

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
BG1 and BG2 have become EXTREMELY™ overrated on the Codex these last few years. At best they're nothing more than guilty pleasures.

I blame Sensuki

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
BG1 and BG2 have become EXTREMELY™ overrated on the Codex these last few years. At best they're nothing more than guilty pleasures.

I blame Sensuki

You can thank PoE for that.. It showed us how badly you can fuck up isometric RTwP..
The law of comparisons.

An average girl looks like a model in a group of hunch back whales.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

I blame Sensuki

I'm moreso responsible for BG1 I think. The BG2 fans were always here.

It showed us how badly you can fuck up isometric RTwP

BGs/IWDs = bellissimo

DA:O = spam every ability as soon as it comes off cooldown unless you're a Rogue - then you just auto attack.

PE = follow a rote sequence of actions every encounter, paying no mind to enemy actions ... other than perhaps movement.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
As an invention, the wheel is overrated. I mean, they were shitty stone-age wheels, nowadays tires are much better. Cavemen were really stupid to build wooden and stone things, weren't they.

Also the fire was greatly overrated. Why the fuck didn't they invent a microwave oven if they wanted to cook, and an M-16 for hunting?

Not to mention the huge flaws those things had. I mean, they were barely usable. Wheeled things can roll down the hill and crash, and fire can burn things.

Old things suck badly. Now everything is much better, right?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
BGs/IWDs = bellissimo

DA:O = spam every ability as soon as it comes off cooldown unless you're a Rogue - then you just auto attack.

PE = follow a rote sequence of actions every encounter, paying no mind to enemy actions ... other than perhaps movement.

This. Can't say it better.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How are all those games overrated? At least everyone on the Codex thinks that some, most or all of those are shit.

Even though I find M&M series overated, Codex seemed to praise them as how every RPG should be.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
As an invention, the wheel is overrated. I mean, they were shitty stone-age wheels, nowadays tires are much better. Cavemen were really stupid to build wooden and stone things, weren't they.

Also the fire was greatly overrated. Why the fuck didn't they invent a microwave oven if they wanted to cook, and an M-16 for hunting?

Not to mention the huge flaws those things had. I mean, they were barely usable. Wheeled things can roll down the hill and crash, and fire can burn things.

Old things suck badly. Now everything is much better, right?
4pEq3Nf.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom