Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most overrated crpgs on codex that likaq doesn't like ( poll )

Most overrated crpgs on codex

• Total voters

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'd be interested in forming a lynch mob posse to go after those 21 bastards who voted for the Gothic series. Volunteers may PM me their names and numbers, and I'll get in touch. Remember to pack some lunch just in case, though I suspect the perpetrators are holed up together in the same vile nest like the rats that they are, so travel time should be shorter than expected.

:fight:

Lhynn

Arcane
So you're one of those people dumb enough to not even understand that "overrated game" totally doesn't mean "bad game", ok.

Still, Arcanum remains my favorite game for detecting try-hards and "prestigious" newfags when it comes to crpgs. People who actually know its true, untainted, release taste tend to sing a completely different song:lol:
I played it on release. Never had any problem beating it, tho i did miss a ton of things. And im one of those people that has realized that this thread was made to shit all over games edgytards dont like without making a good case for that, tho maybe you havent caught on to that.

jaybirdy

Educated
Still, Arcanum remains my favorite game for detecting try-hards and "prestigious" newfags when it comes to crpgs. People who actually know its true, untainted, release taste tend to sing a completely different song:lol:

I myself am a newfag of CRPGs as I've only been playing them for a few years, but that doesn't disqualify my observations. Why would it?

What difference does it make that Arcanum was buggy at release? That tends to happen to ambitious games, and Arcanum is as ambitious as they come. When it comes to C&C and reactivity, no other game, aside from FO2, even comes close. Plus, I played it vanilla and I didn't run into any major issues, which was incredible considering all the logistics going on underneath the hood.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Surprised TOEE is not in the poll. It's widely praised on the codex, inspite of being boring as shit.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Surprised TOEE is not in the poll. It's widely praised on the codex, inspite of being boring as shit.

The temple itself is good and the combat is still the best you can find in pretty much any RPG.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
ToEE does have perhaps the best adaptation of PNP rules ever made in a CRPG, but if a game isn't interesting from the beginning it's a failure.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Agreed that the combat is good, and that's exactly why it's overrated here. I don't know how many people have been able to slog through Hommlet to even get to the good parts.

Fallout: NV is underrated, too many retards hate it because of it's Bethesda engine, when it has more player agency, c&c, better writing, character building and story with more content and production values than any other Fallout game, and RPG in general. Besides that, it's modding community is second to none, I'd rate it higher than Skyrim's, something like EVE or Weapons of the new Millenia crush awful shit mods like immersive armors or weapons.

Witcher on the other hand, has some cheesy awful edgy writing. (PLOUGH, PLOUGH, PLOUGH!!!!) Retarded biowarean degeneracy in it's awkward as hell romance scenes, an obsession with sex that rivals that of a horny acne ridden 13 year old, and generally could only cater to that crowd. Along with mind numbingly stupid combat, no character creation whatsoever(And an awful mary sue weeb looking main character fag that looks like he was conceived on Deviantart) and terribad voice acting/facial animations, it's way overrated. I understand that it's supposed to have great c&c, (And the later titles have great visuals) but I couldn't be arsed to slog through the awful game design long enough to actually get to it. I blame the the over abundance of potatoes in the RPG genre for it's popularity.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The only thing I remember about Twitcher 1 is that it took for fucking ever to walk from place to place and that wasn't fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom