Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat X

bonescraper

This game is utter shit. Too bad MK9 port was so crappy, it's the best MK game since MK3.

HotSnack

Cipher
I am still so mad that I bought MKX full price on Steam before they started refunds. :negative:

Edit: Like MKX seems like a pretty fun game, but knowing that I pretty much need to rebuy the game AGAIN for the console just so I can actually play and enjoy the damn thing has made me really disillusioned with the game.

Last edited:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I still think MK2 and UMK3 were a fun alternative to SF, but everything since then has been varying degrees of shit. I'll still play those two today in person, but nobody wants to do that :negative:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Men they are fixing the netcode.
But it won't be coming to the PC. Also no more DLC or balance patches. Don't lose all hope though, maybe they'll release a 200$ kumplete edition in a few years once the consoletards have been milked, new appid and all!
z2CvR6.gif
:lol:

Astral Rag

Arcane
You can try/ beta test the upcoming MKXL with this Windows Run Command:

steam://install/471210

It's a 30GB download.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So they are backtracking on their lack of support for the PC now?

Is this game worth checking out? I mean, the story is shit and the gory fatalities are just dudebro try hard but is the game solid mechanically or is just another popamole piece of shit?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, word is that gameplay for this game is pretty good, but i just perused this thread and had to stop at the selfie fatality. Okay then. MK9 it is.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
MKX is great, but the netcode was shit. Also, I'm still mad, that they didn't make Battle Pack 2 for PC (with alien etc, triborg etc).

if I already own MKX, do I have to buy MKXL all over for PC? if so, that's bullshit.

Martius

Liturgist
On console it was free so in theory should be same on pc (there was just XL edition with all dlc in one package). I would think they want to regain some trust after miserable launch of pc version but who knows if Warner Bros prefers to earn quick bucks instead.

Finished reading MKX comic books not so long ago (there's a 25 year gap in MKX story mode and comics covers it) and damn...they killed at least half of characters from MK4-MK7 era! I know that being dead in MK isn't much of a problem but still, they didn't obiterate them off screen for no reason.

Plus, according to pre-fight dialogue between Kano and Erron Black, Kobra has been killed by the latter.

MK11 Rumors & Leaks

Here’s an interesting note to file under the rumor mill for the moment. Righteoushall04 has made some interesting posts in the Mortal Kombat X subreddit recently, potentially revealing some roster, gameplay and release details about what will undoubtedly be NetherRealm Studio’s next big project following the conclusion of development on Injustice 2: Mortal Kombat 11.

Claiming to have received information from a credible source on Twitter with connections to NRS — who supposedly leaked the entire MKX roster on his personal website back in February 2015 — Righteoushall04 notes that MK11 is planned to have a roster of 30 characters, with 10 additional fighters planned to be DLC. This would make the game’s cast slightly larger than Injustice 2‘s roster once it receives all three full Fighter Packs, continuing a company trend of increasing roster sizes with each new game. Of these 30 Kombatants, 17 will be returning from MKXL, 7 will be returning from previous games (with 6 of those being from the old 3D-era titles), and the final 6 will be new challengers.

He notes that the new game’s story will feature Raiden as the title’s main antagonist, who appeared to be slipping back into his Dark Raiden ways at the conclusion of MKX’s story by leaving the beheaded (yet still immortal) fallen Elder God Shinnok’s severed head at Kitana and Liu Kang’s doorstep, as the two established themselves as the new King and Queen of the NetherRealm. Gameplay will remain chapter-based, with players switching characters throughout, and will be longer than any of the four previous story campaigns that have come before it. It will also be borrowing plot elements from two of the series’ 3D entries, 2004’s Deception and 2006’s Armageddon — which featured all characters introduced to the franchise at the point, and were the last games set within the original timeline before 2008’s Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and 2011’s Mortal Kombat 9.

Characters who are only in the game as story mode NPCs, similar to Sindel, Baraka and Rain in MKXL, will also be returning, alongside Brutalities and the much-loved Variation System that defined the previous title. Any deceased characters from the previous games will not be returning to action (sorry Nightwolf, Sindel, Shinnok, Smoke, Kabal, Mileena, Shao Kahn, Kintaro, Motaro, Baraka or Stryker players. May we honor the times we’ve had with them.) He than mentions the 17 base roster characters he’s seen “lots of artwork and rendering for,” and they are as follows:

• Kano
  • Li Mei
  • Noob Saibot
  • Bo Rai Cho
  • Johnny Cage
  • Shang Tsung
  • Jade
  • Daegon
  • Cassie Cage
  • Jacqui Briggs
  • Frost
  • Kenshi
  • Kotal Kahn
  • Jax
  • Onaga
Going off of Arcade/Klassic Tower endings and the events of the MKX prequel comic, it stands to reason that Sonya Blade, Erron Black, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Takeda Takahashi, Liu Kang, Triborg, Tanya, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Kitana, D’Vorah, Tremor, and Goro could all have shots at returning. Taven and Nitara will supposedly appear in the game as story NPCs or cameos.

The source also elaborated on two of the supposed newcomers he’s seen artwork for, Dominic and Salina. “Salina is a Dream Goddess that apparently has psychic powers and can create things out of thin air and use them as weapons. Dominic is Kano’s son and is part of the Red Dragon with Daegon. Supposedly, he hates his father.” For those that may need a refresher, it was revealed that Kano was training up a son in his ending, with torture being the chief method, giving sufficient fruit to this supposed family grudge.

Finally, the poster notes that Mortal Kombat 11 should release around Spring 2019, which lines up with the NRS tradition of making a new game every other year. It should be noted that this isn’t the first time we’ve seen a leak regarding the roster of an upcoming NRS game, as the entire launch cast of Injustice 2 wasleaked earlier this year on 4Chan by an employee working on that title’s mobile game, during the company’s long silence following the reveals of Harley Quinn and Deadshot at last year’s Gamecom.

What do you think about this supposed leak? Do you hope there’s Smoke to this fire? Or do you believe it’s simply a redditor looking for some attention? Give us your thoughts in the comments.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/29/pos...-reveals-roster-release-and-gameplay-details/

So ther're will be Deception/Armageddon events mixed with new shit from alternative timeline.

bonescraper

Who cares, it's going to be another SJW cringefest for sure. MK is lost.

From 02:06:00 Boon explains that they changed realesed pattern so there was no MK11 for E3.

My guess is it will be one of the starting titles for PS5/X2 around 2020.

Here's the only remaining screen from cancelled PS360 version of MKX - honestly I like that raw, crisp look moar than shiny shit that PS4/Xbone port is.

mx360ps3.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom