Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat X

well that IS a big change.

I might be mistaken, but that actually already happened in the previous storyline

Yes, it's not (only) a plot twist but actually strong reference to MK Deception (check Cassie's ending btw).

- Fucking nothing happens in the story other than establishing the extremely boring next generation. Shinnok is released, captured, then released, then incapacitated. The few new interesting characters (giant + midget) are barely there at all. Goro isn't even present.

For moar story check official MKX comics, game often alludes to it so without reading player knows shit about few thing (Reiko Accords, Suchin, Red Dragons involving etc).

Astral Rag

Arcane
D3E37FB8E452EEF7C41522812ADC1B4C594C546A

DakaSha

Arcane
So let's recap.

Story spoilers ahead if anyone gives a shit about that :lol:

- Right from the start you have to pay $5 or have pre-ordered to play as Goro.
- Game didn't fucking work on PC at all for a few days. Didn't work on some consoles too.
- Game only has 24 characters - fewer than even MK9. this is "justified" by taking random portions of each character's moveset and splitting it off into three modes.
- Female characters now look like awkward twig girls with heads too large for their bodies. They not only toned down the breast size, but also toned down their muscularity - somehow making them even more unrealistically built for the the role of a fighter. It's like they heard that MK9's tits were too big, and Injustice's Wonder Woman was too masculine, so they just neutered the female cast entirely for X.
- Fucking nothing happens in the story other than establishing the extremely boring next generation. Shinnok is released, captured, then released, then incapacitated. The few new interesting characters (giant + midget) are barely there at all. Goro isn't even present.
- Characters who died in the last game come back, either as fully restored, or decide to become EVUL!!
- The big plot twist after the credits is Raiden is now going to wear black and be reasonable.
- Scorpion is a generic handsome human ninja man.
- There are actual infinite block strings that will 100 to 0 people due to chip damage
- DLC pack with characters from the start
- Spend $20 to unlock all the krypt content lol
- The story mode characters that aren't playable characters are actually entirely functional. One of them is being sold in the upcoming DLC pack. Expect all of them to eventually be released as DLC.
- Netcode is the same garbage from the past 2 nethershit games.

So... did I miss anything?

Easy fatality DLC

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
People care about story in a Mortal kombat game?

lel

It's tag-along stuff, just ignore it.

But yeah, the netkode is pretty shitty at times, but it seems to have improved since release.. so that's good.

DLC packs? Well, don't buy em. Most companies make DLC shit now, just deal with it. The base game is very nice and has alot of fighters imo. Enough to keep me well entertained.

The toning down of female "attributes" dont really irk me, yeah so what..

Also, prices for DLC can be had at very cheap prices if you spend 2 minutes on google search.. gg no re

Silva

Arcane
Coming as someone who never liked MKs (I was a Tekken kid by then), Im finding MKX really interesting. Im seriously considering buying it.

Eyeball

Arcane
What exactly is added in MK10 that is not in MK9? Looks very similar, just with a bunch of gay new characters.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
At least the game is great, leaving aside the stupidities about the DLCs, but i think that the story mode is very short compared with the MK9 story mode. And it's curious, but i think it is lesser violent that MK9.

AND LEAVE MILEENA NEW DESIGN IN PEACE YOU DIRTY FAGGOTS

2v3jyj5.jpg

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I played through the story mode and some of the "normal" sp mode. Evil greedy $$$ milking, SJW-ing and degenerate propaganda aside it's a fun fighting game (at least for someone like me, who isn't some kind of pro fighting game player). I like the new visual style, some characters look like shit though. Too many of these "soldier" types, Sonya looks horribly plain and most of the new guys suck (visually). One thing that really bothers me is the boring and forgettable music. I noticed this trend in many new games. WTF is this shit? a game like this could really benefit from a kick-ass soundtrack.
Story is some boring crap infused with soap drama and murican soldiers but it's not a storyfag game so I don't care. Maybe I will buy some ultimate complete edition of MKX when it get's cheap.

Last edited:
Does the game feature a Soulnado? Raiden exclaiming 'This is the biggest Soulnado I have ever seen!' was one of my favorite parts of 9.

Parsifarka

Arcane
maxresdefault.jpg
I couldn't stand the fucking romance at the end, gratuitous and forced, it made me hate those kids even more. Jacqui and Cassie should have been lesbians, just imagine those powerful ironfists of hers into that flexible thingy ^
Absolutely fitting. Lovely.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Soulnados, huh?

What's next, Raiden going "I have had it with these motherfucking souls on my motherfucking plane (of existance)!"

(I'm grateful I quite the MK games with UMK3.)

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
God wtf are they doing, release a 15gb patch then change their mind and make people download ANOTHER 15gb patch just to get the game back to the state it was in before.
rofl.gif

At least my internet is being bitchy enough 2day that I hadn't finished the first patch and could just cancel that shit. Think I'll just wait a couple weeks/months before I get back to this, prolly deleted my saves too.

fK3a2pB.png

Adon

Arcane
Yes, it's not (only) a plot twist but actually strong reference to MK Deception (check Cassie's ending btw).

For moar story check official MKX comics, game often alludes to it so without reading player knows shit about few thing (Reiko Accords, Suchin, Red Dragons involving etc).

More like a retread of MK Deception. It was kind of interesting the first time around, what with him going off and making Liu Kang's corpse into a zombie, but after practically making a bunch of good characters evil (in the most lulzy way) in MKX already, it's just lazy and uninteresting.

People care about story in a Mortal kombat game?

lel

It's tag-along stuff, just ignore it.

lol you'd be surprised at how many people think it's good.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember playing MKI and II on SNES and having a decent time with them. I also played stuff like doom, duke nukem, rise of the triads, and never has brutality in pc games an issue whatsoever for me.

But I just watched the 'All Fatalities' youtube clip and now I feel very uneasy and bad. Maybe I'm getting old, but Mortal Kombat X makes me feel really ashamed of being a gamer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom