Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat X

Full first chapter of MKX (in fact - an excellent MK9's epilogue)

These cutscenes are even longer than before.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
16_mkximages01.jpg

I think it's Caleb's expy. He roleplays Blood ending here.

"What are you gonna do? Bleed on me?!?"

Astral Rag

Arcane
You can buy Mortal Kombat X Easy Fatalities - Fighting game's microtransactions revealed.

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 14/04/2015

you-can-buy-mortal-kombat-x-easy-fatalities-142902596783.jpg

You can buy easy to perform Fatalities for fighting game Mortal Kombat X.

We knew MKX would have "Easy Fatalities"; developer NetherRealm had said they added them to the game because some players found normal Fatalities too hard to pull off.

But now MKX is out, its microtransactions have been revealed, and it has emerged Easy Fatalities are up for sale. You can pay 79p for five Easy Fatalities, or ÂŁ3.99 for 30.

Here's the context: each playable character in MKX has two Fatalities, which you can perform after defeating your opponent. Normally, they involve a number of input commands. Cassie Cage's Bubble Head Fatality, for example, is forward, down, back, forward and punch

Easy Fatalities are more basic, and involve holding the R2 button (on PlayStation) and pressing a face button.

Easy Fatalities can be unlocked through normal play. After a playthrough of the story and an hour or so spent with some of the Tower modes, Test Your Luck and the Test Your Might mini-game, I had a number of Easy Fatalities unlocked for use.

Elsewhere, Easy Fatalities, among other aesthetic items such as costumes and character art, are unlocked from the Krypt, a dungeon players explore from a first-person perspective. To unlock an item you have to spend a set number of MKX's virtual currency, Koins. Everything you do in MKX earns Koins. You cannot pay real-world money for in-game Koins.

I found finishing the story scored me enough Koins to go on an initial spending spree in the Krypt, but I quickly ran out. I wouldn't describe the rate of Koin acquisition in MKX as inadequate or generous. It's somewhere in between. So, it will take some time to unlock everything from the Krypt, and all of the Easy Fatalities along the way.

Perhaps that's why you can spend ÂŁ15.99 to unlock all Krypt items. This will save you a lot of time if you plan on unlocking everything MKX has to offer, but it's worth noting none of the add-ons that are up for sale affect gameplay in any way.

As you'd expect, MKX has a season pass, called the Kombat Pack. This costs ÂŁ24.99 and grants early access to four new playable characters and new skins.

Publisher Warner is also selling the Blue Steel Sub-Zero. A portion of the money made from this will go towards funding the Mortal Kombat X Who's Next Tournament Prize Pool.

Muscle-bound monster Goro is a pre-order bonus playable character. But he's also up for sale for ÂŁ3.99.

Curiously, only the Kombat Pack is available to download for the Steam version of MKX

risitasgif.gif~c200

Welkome to the next-gen!

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Next-up: Pay for Simple Moves. Do you find D & U moves too hard to pull off? You'll love what we have in store for you. For a limited time you can get the Simple Moves pack for just 4.99
Act now and at the press of a button you win the game! Awesome!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jesus Christ. How can a person be able to even play a game not be able to do MK9 fatalities?

Story mode vel MKX the Movie is a must, not as good as MK9' and contains a bit too much of emodrama but still - pure pleasure to watch.

I wonder if characters that you can fight against in campaing will be playable after buying some DLC?
Baraka/Rain/Sindel

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Jesus Christ. How can a person be able to even play a game not be able to do MK9 fatalities?

To be fair, some of the require abit of keyboard finesse.. but yeah, most are piss ez..

Try the brutalities though, they are p. hard.

BTW

JESUS CHRIST.... this was the fucking worst pc launch of any game.. IN HISTORY

(Yes, worse than Diablo 3)

WB and steam fucked the release right in the ass

So it's confirmed Kun Jin is a gay and suffers from lack of self-acceptance.

Coming out in Mortal Kombat...

Coming out in Mortal Kombat?

Coming out in Mortal Kombat!

This shit is real :negative:

Who's next?

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Tthe new Mortal Kombat X video game has a gay character and at least 1 cinematic where he worries the other fighters won't accept his sexuality :abyssgazer:

What the fuck is this shit? I mean, in Mortal Kombat of all games? Really? :lol:

It's also rumored they deliberately reduced boobs of the bitches like Katana and Mileena.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom