Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind vs Gothic 2 Poll

Which one is better ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unwanted

logan

Unwanted
which one is better ? both came out in 2002

Piotrovitz

Savant
With this train of thought, I bet you call mass effect RPG too.

Morrowind was a milestone in post-2000s cRPGs, and while Gothics 1/2 were fun in a way, there is no fucking way those games can be compared at any level.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Morrowind was a milestone in post-2000s cRPGs, and while Gothics 1/2 were fun in a way, there is no fucking way those games can be compared at any level.

Yeah, a milestone in the decline of the genre. The missing link between the RPG renaissance and the Bethesda Walking Simulator.

One thing Morrowind does that Gothic 2 doesn't: it causes me to experience deep existential anguish. As in, what am I even doing playing this game? What's the point? Why bother? I have enough of that in real life, thank you.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Nice points to back up your arguments. Oh wait....

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
lol Morrowind aka NPCs as global text search simulator

"So good I ignored the main quest for hours!"

"The best C&C a game can offer: take the quest, or not! Freeeedom!"

"The lore is great it has, like, that many books!"

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey it's me your Game master.

You see an NPC. He's a Nord, with Nord clothes. When you approach him, he greets you. He then tells you his keywords: Nord, Warrior, Goodbye.

Oh you choose "Warrior"? Let me fetch the Warrior default text. Right, so he says: "I'm a Warrior. We warriors wear armor and use weapons to make war. Hard life, that."

You've unlocked a new keyword: Hard Life.

You ask about it? Ok. He says: "My Disposition isn't high enough to talk about that."

You try to Persuade him? Ok. What combination of Admire, Bribe and Intimidate do you use? Right. So you say: "Hey Mr. Nord Warrior, your muscles are so big, would you open your heart for a couple of gold pieces AND TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS THE HARD LIFE!!!?"

Feeling PnP-emulated yet?

Elex

Arbiter

actually the question don’t ask what game is a better rpg, simply ask witch one is better.

Piotrovitz

Savant
What's the point of having such poll then, when both games have very little in common, beside being lumped into RPG bag (Gothic 2 very loosely)

You can as well ask which game is better, Warcraft 2 or Civilization 2.

V_K

Arcane
Both had their issues, but at its best Morrowind felt like you're really exploring an alien world with its own ecology, culture and politics, while Gothic games never rose above an edgelord's high fantasy theme park.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Depends on what you want out of a game. I personally prefer smaller more detailed world of Gothic 2... which is funny considering that's exactly what Morrowind was compared to Daggerfall.

2u7lz5u.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom