Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community More Divinity prizes, physical box copies available, raffles and more!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Now 4 people need to up their pledges enough to kick me out of the top 30. I CHALLENGE YOU.
Looks like this did not fall on deaf ears. Logged in to find I'm now at #31. To commie and the other trio who kicked me out of the top 30: well done guys :salute:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'll end the campaign this time tomorrow and flick the cash over to Larian.

Angthoron, I cannot find a spot on their website for custom amounts - so ask them where we donate for that / what address they want me to send money to.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'll end the campaign this time tomorrow and flick the cash over to Larian.

Angthoron, I cannot find a spot on their website for custom amounts - so ask them where we donate for that / what address they want me to send money to.
Right-o. Also, got a reply from Swen, he says that the PP account will remain active and we can send donation any time, they'll just be taking down that pledging website tomorrow, that's all.

Asked him about acc details just now.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok cool, I might keep it open until the 12th then as planned.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok. I admit I haven't been following this shit and I've never played any other Divinity titles. Can somebody succinctly and in Codexian terms give me a great reason to donate some potato and support this thing? For serious.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
And enhancing the Choice and Consequences and open-world design of Ultima VII (like you can kill everyone in the game). As well as making the combat :obviously: Turn-Based, instead of Gariott's Clusterfuck Combat System™ from Ultima VII.

AND DAT EDITOR! HOLY FUCK YES.

Angthoron

Arcane
On a slightly different topic:

Please bros, PM me with your ENTITLEMENT wishes, I'm missing about 50 people from my list that can actually get stuff.

If I do not get a PM from you by Whenever The Fuck It Will Be, we will treat your response as the following default:

1) Yes to digital
2) No to physical

I won't be mass-mailing a-la VotS, but some people might get some PMs by the time the deadline's up. So yeah. PM at me bros.

Meh. Co-op doesn't particularly thrill me.
It's not the only thing going for the game, check a video or two though, there's tons post-KS around, now.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Wasn't my point. I was looking for somebody to explain in Codexian terms why a Codexer should be interested in this seemingly Codex-approved game. Saying "co-op turn based fffffffft" or "larian lulz!" is not exactly enlightening and therefore does nothing for me. I watched a video and it seems intriguing. Was hoping for some words from some bros is all.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wasn't my point. I was looking for somebody to explain in Codexian terms why a Codexer should be interested in this seemingly Codex-approved game. Saying "co-op turn based fffffffft" or "larian lulz!" is not exactly enlightening and therefore does nothing for me. I watched a video and it seems intriguing. Was hoping for some words from some bros is all.
Party based, turn based combat. Plus what Larian is promising to be a very interconnected, reactive world.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

NPC schedules, weather and moon cycles affecting combat and magic, party and turn based combat, party members can influence on the choices presented to you based on their personalities, highly interactive game world and a motherfucking state of the art editor. And I'm missing a bunch of other stuff I'm sure.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Features don't make a game, implementation does.
I have yet to play a Larian game I liked.

An example: Master of Orion 3 has all the features fans asked for- yet it sucks.

Those features sound good but I have to stress Larian's dodgy track record (nothing but action RPGs with a weird sense of humor, filled with many annoying "features" (dragon fortresses). We can't really say anything about this until it's done and we've played it.

Therefore: no pledge from me. I genuinely think you only raised 10K for Larian to spite RPG Watch and because they're "cool" in interviews.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok. I admit I haven't been following this shit and I've never played any other Divinity titles. Can somebody succinctly and in Codexian terms give me a great reason to donate some potato and support this thing? For serious.

Personally I donated towards stuffing yet another game with silly Codex memes. This is for me the best reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom