Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info More Diablo III info

Eron

Novice
Respec SUCKS!

I mean, rebuild your char if you mess it up.. I think one of the fun things about RPGs is the ability to actually nerf your char... Mostly so I can watch noobs with sucky chars..

But also, it adds to replayability... You know, wanting to try different builds..

Bad idea... respec... bad bad

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Mostly so I can watch noobs with sucky chars..
Yeah I know, don't they know they're supposed to do research before playing the game? If only they had been hardcore enough to write down the build from the Diablo 3 forums with the most replies to it they wouldn't deserve to have a sucky character for being such noobsauce noob noobs.

id be ok with respeccing if the penalties were severe enough. something like, for every level you respec, you lose a % of that level's experience - this would increase with every consecutive level respecced (like if you respecced 1 2 3 4 levels, but maybe not if you respecced then leveled up, though youd still incur the original exp loss).

and of course, the higher level, the more exp you lose.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
DarkUnderlord said:
<li>E-Sports support is a possibility. Team is attempting to form a business plan that works for that crowd.
OH FUCK NO.

They tried this shit with WoW, and it was horrible. If Tom Chilton is to be ound on the Dev team anywhere, I will bypass this game completely.

Eron

Novice
Well.. not only that... But Respec could be completely nullified if ALL the skills are actually useful and add bonus' to other skills like in D2 now...

Respec is a bad idea for this kind of game period...

I mean, I said so i can see noobs sucky chars as a jokingly way of putting it.. But really, whats the point of even f'in playin the game if you can't go wrong.. Whats the point of actually learning the lore of the game..

So what, they should make Chess now with pre determined and recommended moves?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yes, that's most likely how it would work, and now I see that your objections are grounded in rational thought and not a typical Blizzfag temper tantrum over nothing.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Eron said:
Well.. not only that... But Respec could be completely nullified if ALL the skills are actually useful and add bonus' to other skills like in D2 now...

Respec is a bad idea for this kind of game period...

I mean, I said so i can see noobs sucky chars as a jokingly way of putting it.. But really, whats the point of even f'in playin the game if you can't go wrong.. Whats the point of actually learning the lore of the game..

So what, they should make Chess now with pre determined and recommended moves?
simply put-different Specs for different Styles.

It goes back to WoW where classes usually had a PvP spec, a PvE spec and another spec.

Raapys

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Mostly so I can watch noobs with sucky chars..
Yeah I know, don't they know they're supposed to do research before playing the game? If only they had been hardcore enough to write down the build from the Diablo 3 forums with the most replies to it they wouldn't deserve to have a sucky character for being such noobsauce noob noobs.

Ah yes, we wouldn't want to not appeal to the casual player, eh? Also there should be an option for immortality and a button that you can press that completes all your quests.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
So, as far as I understand respec = being able to trade in-game resources instead of real-world time for changing your character build. Doesn't seem so horrible.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
but if n00bs can change from sucky builds in hell mode how will I b able to pwn them in pvp without ne skillz?!!?!1

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
h yes, we wouldn't want to not appeal to the casual player, eh?
Reading a forum and copying down a skill build does not make you not a casual player. You're just another delusional douche bag. There's no division between you and "casual players" except the one you created out of nothing.
Also there should be an option for immortality and a button that you can press that completes all your quests.
I can see you are possessed of a rational mind. Ability to respec = god mode and win button.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Not when everyone else can do it what?

Also Blizzard ruin progaming. I heard Diablo 3 will support wide screen and 1600x1200. That's retarded. The original Diablo 2 was balanced for 640x480 and 800x600 ONLY.

Same goes for Starcraft 2. Hi-res will ruin progaming.

Noobs will pwn 1337, the sky will fall, and I'll be forced to pirate the game (which is not stealing because the dictionary doesn't plainly say so) because it won't be worth the money.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
If respeccing hurts Diablo's replayability for you then you really have too much time on your hands.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
You don't understand. These guys are HARDCORE. A single mistake and they will spend days making a new character. That makes them Level 2 Commoners, above the riff raff noobstains who should throw themselves off buildings. Casual gamers I swear. They just don't have the skill necessary to grind Tristram.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
You don't understand. These guys are HARDCORE. A single mistake and they will spend days making a new character. That makes them Level 2 Commoners, above the riff raff noobstains who should throw themselves off buildings. Casual gamers I swear. They just don't have the skill necessary to grind Tristram.
Wait-I think I understand now.

Good god, what was I thinking?

Raapys

Arcane
Ah, I've been longing for a good intarweb discussion!

Also Blizzard ruin progaming. I heard Diablo 3 will support wide screen and 1600x1200. That's retarded. The original Diablo 2 was balanced for 640x480 and 800x600 ONLY.
They will make up for it by introducing a very limited zoom-out on the camera.

Same goes for Starcraft 2. Hi-res will ruin progaming.
The crappy graphics style will ruin this.

Noobs will pwn 1337, the sky will fall, and I'll be forced to pirate the game
And because of this Diablo 3 is going to ruin Blizzard. As we all know, it's impossible to make money on pc exclusives since everyone just pirates it.

(which is not stealing because the dictionary doesn't plainly say so)
Which is not stealing because it's something else, i.e. copyright infringement.

These guys are HARDCORE
I never smile when someone's around

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Damn Blizzard, they always impose high system requirement! I remember some nooblet complaining to me with his most serious face that Blizzard screwed up big time by forcing people to have a 3D card to play Warcraft 3 (in 2002).

Then he started rambling about how people use Windows only for games and if all developpers supported Linux no one would use Windows anymore.

Computer games are so wretched, I avoid them whenever I can.

aboyd

Liturgist
WTH is up with KC owning all of you with logic and pointed sarcasm? I don't think I've seen that before. For my part, I don't mind respec if it's done like the D&D rules for respec'ing spells (you can do one per 3 or 4 levels). That doesn't allow for complete revamps, but it does allow for measured small corrections. We'll see how far Blizz wants to push it.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Looks like KC got his butt kicked by a cookie cutter build LOOOOL

Get it through your thick skull: 99% of all skills in Diablo are meant to be totally useless. LERN2PLAY NUB

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom