Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info More Diablo III info

DarkUnderlord said:
<li>Low-spec [computer] losers are being catered to.
Good, they should cater to me.

Ausir

Arcane
Kingston said:
Rex says he has insider info that Boyarsky is Lead Artist, or Lead Somethingorother.

Even better, he's the Lead World Designer.

elander_

Arbiter
" I feel like that's the big opportunity for us. If you look at Diablo and Diablo II, they're really action games. The story was light, the RPG were very light and I think one of the things we looked at with Diablo III was that doesn't have to be the case."

This part sounds very good together with the procedural quests.

Nightjed

Liturgist
sportforredneck said:
DarkUnderlord said:

by the time Diablo 3 comes out low spec could mean a quad core with 10 gb ram and 4 gforce 15800 gtx, but ,anyway, its nice to find one developer that is not planning to makes us fork 2000 bucks for a new box if we want to play their incredible game because of the incredibly important bloom effects. (of course i havent heard how they plan to deal with with the directx10, vista and shader version problems)

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Ausir said:
Kingston said:
Rex says he has insider info that Boyarsky is Lead Artist, or Lead Somethingorother.

Which is fantastic to hear, one more reason to closely follow the game's development - it is likely he has quite a few interesting ideas up his sleeve, some of which he already fleshed out:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/930659/61 ... rt-panel-1

As far as current visual design is concerned, I can see Blizzard changing it a bit in the forseeable future due to overwhelming demand and criticism.

Nightjed said:
sportforredneck said:
DarkUnderlord said:

by the time Diablo 3 comes out low spec could mean a quad core with 10 gb ram and 4 gforce 15800 gtx
I can barely run stuff as it is. I had to quit The Witcher because it's framerate was impossible to play with, and I had all of it on the lowest settings.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
VonVentrue said:
Which is fantastic to hear, one more reason to closely follow the game's development - it is likely he has quite a few interesting ideas up his sleeve, some of which he already fleshed out:
Sounds good. Hopefully they will manage to create an interesting world and plot while catering to those who just want to bash monsters, and not end up compromising too much.
VonVentrue said:
As far as current visual design is concerned, I can see Blizzard changing it a bit in the forseeable future due to overwhelming demand and criticism.
Well, the concept art is pretty much spot on, so they should just make sure that's properly translated into the in-game graphics.
Actually, I don't really get the lot of complaints saying that they're targeting the War3/WoW crowd with the art style, when there's concepts like this.

Badgermaster

Educated
VonVentrue said:
Ausir said:
Kingston said:

Boyarski really knows his shit when it comes to the importance of world/setting design, and how to express it to players without blatant exposition. I'm impressed.

Lemunde

Scholar
I'm surprised. I figured all the disgruntled 'tru-rpg' fans would be focussing all their bile on this game by now. I guess tru-rpg or not, it's Diablo...

I'm pretty psyched about this game. I watched the gameplay video and it actually made me want to play a barbarian. I HATE barbarians.

Araanor

Liturgist
kingcomrade said:
I'm glad you don't fight angels this time around. You know that's one of the first ideas that would have popped up at a meeting.
Don't tell me you wouldn't want a hueg plot twist where it turns out hell are the good guys and you have to fight the angels.

Balor

Arcane
Well, I would not be surprized if Diablo III will turn up more of an RPG then Fallout 3.
That does not saying much, though...

Atrokkus

Erudite
The worst part of all these new things is that they're implementing (or at least planning to) skill respeccing (that is, blanking out your character skill tree and allowing you to distribute them anew). This pretty much kills replayability for me, and challenge.

Hardcore mode's going to be in. I wish they'd divide battle.net into two parts -- for those who like it easy (softcore, respeccs, etc) and for those who like it rough (no respecc, hardcore mode)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm really hoping they'll add Nightmare and Hell difficulties to the game. I haven't heard anything about that, yet.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They already said they'd add multiple difficulties.
And I think they'll be smart enough not to allow respecs on Battlenet, or have non-respec servers. Come on, this is Blizzard, they wouldn't be that retarded.

Also, as far as I know, they didn't say "we'll have respecs" but rather " there will be something similar to that" or something along these lines; they were forbidden to speak about the skill system as of yet. So I wouldn't worry that much.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought they said "We're considering adding something similar to respecs," as in, they hadn't even decided to do it yet.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Or that, I forgot. Let's hope they forget that again.

edit: I got an idea! How about they let you reduce your level via some quest? Like, "All right, you can be level 1 (or current level - 30) again, have fun levelling back to level 80. But you can keep your items. Maybe."

Raapys

Arcane
Hurts replayability and is sort of 'easy-mode'. Live with your mistakes, kthx.

Sounds like it's gonna be pretty decent though, graphics style aside.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Atrokkus said:
The worst part of all these new things is that they're implementing (or at least planning to) skill respeccing (that is, blanking out your character skill tree and allowing you to distribute them anew). This pretty much kills replayability for me, and challenge.

Hardcore mode's going to be in. I wish they'd divide battle.net into two parts -- for those who like it easy (softcore, respeccs, etc) and for those who like it rough (no respecc, hardcore mode)
How is that the worst? It's a good idea. Blizzard fans always get so bristled at the stupidest things.
Live with your mistakes, kthx.
Kill yourself, kthx. People shouldn't be punished for not reading off GameFAQs or a build optimization forum. Having set-in-stone builds doesn't add anything to the game and anyone trying to tell me that it's hardcore is a poser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom