Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mordheim - turn-based tactics in the Warhammer universe

Zeriel

Arcane
I dunno, I came around to it. Maybe I've just accepted it for what it is. But it's one of those situations where you look at what we have now, I've changed to considering it a fun and decent game. Sure maybe it could be improved, but it's better than most things I've played in later years.

Andnjord

Arcane
I thought that Mordheim was the very definition of a flawed gem. A game with many problems but whose qualities managed to outweight them to the point you could overlook those flaws, resulting in a fun experience. With Necromunda though, they somehow managed to pile on the flaws and cut back on the quality, making it sink below the threshold of fun and into the realm of not worth your time. Which for me was a great disapointment as I was a fan of the old 'munda back when I was a kid
rating_negativeman.png

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
My main complaint about Mordheim would be the UI - it could've been much clearer than it was. Everything else was OK for me (although it doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome improvements).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

agris

Arcane
Patron
How's it play in practice Fedora Master ? One of the two comments indicates that it may result in illogical mixes of enemy types. That's the kind of thing that usually screams "MODDER CONTENT".

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I've not encountered any obviously broken teams from the AI and personally I'll take teams that aren't quite rules legal over the stupid mirroring the game does.

What really kills Mordheim are the retarded tedious Story missions imo.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've not encountered any obviously broken teams from the AI and personally I'll take teams that aren't quite rules legal over the stupid mirroring the game does.

My main complain is how the game encourages taking as little risk as possible. Has it been changed in the mod? ie, are you better rewarded for more difficult battles?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

My main complain is how the game encourages taking as little risk as possible. Has it been changed in the mod? ie, are you better rewarded for more difficult battles?

I believe the rewards have been slightly changed but it's been a while since I last played the game. Fairly certain the optimal way is still to do the easy stuff.

Zeriel

Arcane

I believe the rewards have been slightly changed but it's been a while since I last played the game. Fairly certain the optimal way is still to do the easy stuff.

Eh once you are established taking as hard missions as you can manage is always better. It's just very "swingy" in the sense that win/lose is way too binary, and being incentivized to grab as much stuff before the battle starts, because once it does the mission is going to be over one way or another very quickly.

I didn't play MP much, but it's textbook "works well 1v1 with a friend, not so much for SP" in terms of design. At the end of the day can't fault a game for replicating tabletop rules/style well.

Acrux

Arcane
I finally tried this game, and it serms like something I would like very much, but the camera is giving me terrible vertigo. Is there a way to unlock the camera, or maybe a top down view? It's so unpleasant that it's made the game unplayable.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finally tried this game, and it serms like something I would like very much, but the camera is giving me terrible vertigo. Is there a way to unlock the camera, or maybe a top down view? It's so unpleasant that it's made the game unplayable.
Tried zooming out as much as possible?
Not sure I can help you otherwise man, sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom