Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mordheim - turn-based tactics in the Warhammer universe

Severian Silk

Is this mainly a multiplayer game? Or an MMOTBS?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You build your warband and can do singleplayer random missions against AI, story missions or play skirmishes on random maps versus any friends/random people on the internet.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man the impressive of Chaos is scary. He literally demolished my squad in the last mission and I lost a level 8 warpguard from that :/

Aothan

Magister
maybe I misunderstand but what is wrong with skirmish style games ? Not unlike most rts online games I would presume

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
maybe I misunderstand but what is wrong with skirmish style games ? Not unlike most rts online games I would presume
Cause the appeal of necromunda/mordheim is the persistence between games in a campaign, you make your team or poor sods and fight battles in random scenarios, they get injuries, items, level up, etc.

Zeriel

Arcane
Cause the appeal of necromunda/mordheim is the persistence between games in a campaign, you make your team or poor sods and fight battles in random scenarios, they get injuries, items, level up, etc.

You're confused, the warband is entirely persistent between missions, there just isn't much of a difference between multiplayer skirmishes and singleplayer missions aside from story missions (which are one-offs). As I understand it, that part of it is very faithful to the tabletop game.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

You're confused, the warband is entirely persistent between missions, there just isn't much of a difference between multiplayer skirmishes and singleplayer missions aside from story missions (which are one-offs). As I understand it, that part of it is very faithful to the tabletop game.
Exactly. And if the skirmish is not an "exhibition match" all rules apply. Injuries, items, deaths, everything counts normally.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Not officially... unfortunately so far there are only 1v1 games implemented. I guess you could somehow organize it though unofficially

Aothan

Magister
I think I would generally prefer to play exhibition style matches (conventional player vs player modes) rather than skirmishes if it means uneven groups, although some of the comments about how injuries can enhance units might make this mode interesting in its own ways

any general views emerging on multiplayer balance

Saark

Arcane
Patron
As far as I'm aware you get pitted against opponents that have a similar warband rating. Each of your units has a rating that is a combination of his skills, stats, equipment and injuries. All of them combine to your warband rating, as long as enough people are playing I would guess that the players you meet are in a similar position to yours.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
As far as I've seen(cause I'm too much of a pussy to risk injuries/deaths against humans) when you create a game the current composition of your Warband is checked and the opponent will have to be in a range around it. For example if you can only field 4 dudes with a strength value of 600, the opponent has to be around 400-800 or something

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A lot of humans are worse then the already bad AI though and ragequit often. Apparently one can backup his warbands save files to prevent losses from quiting. Needs fixing asap.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I noticed that you can lag behind in money and therefore skills and gear if you don't try to get the secondary goals / scavenge / gather wyrdstones.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I noticed that you can lag behind in money and therefore skills and gear if you don't try get the secondary goals / scavenge / gather wyrdstones.

Wyrdstone demands also increase over time. If you only do Normal missions you will regret it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I will also add that having only one leader can seriously fuck you up in case he gets injured/dies

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
So I have to say I'm pretty addicted to this one. I keep thinking what to do next, what skills to upgrade etc.
In my opinion this game would go from really good to awesome if they added
a)More content (warbands,heroes,maps)
b)Persistent AI warbands. That will also face injuries,deaths, do missions etc thus creating virtual "rivalries" and goals. Would be simply perfect.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Also played alot this weekend, great game sofar. I was forced to delete my current skaven band after being annihilated in the first story mission. Made the fatal mistake of splitting up the band and getting bogged down on stairways (memories of dead state right there), with no room for disengage. Some of the band made it back but both the hero and leader were disabled (iirc chance to hit and strat points decreased) and i didnt have replacements. It was probably salvageble but hey, i happily start a new band.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
One thing that seems utterly broken is the ability to designate all skill points for free with hired swords. Upgrading a henchmen to hero level (lads got talents) enables you to not only use up all skillpoints he got when you buy him, but also the 14 additional skillpoints he gets from lads got talent. You pay about 600-1k gold, but can learn skills worth 2000 gold or more.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I finally kicked my Assassin Adept in the nuts - or rather the enemy did, he was missing 2 XP to rank 10 where he lost an arm to a lucky crit-streak made by one of those blind lesbian chicks. I decided to forgo levelling a new adept since they need to level all the way to rank 10 before they gain a 3rd attack while dualwielding which is a pain in the ass. After playing the game for 2 weeks I only just found out about being able to not only promote henchmen to hero, but that every third hero unit can actually be promoted to leader aswell. Champion for Mercs, Augur for Soros, Possessed for the Cult and for the Skaven that would be the Eshin Sorcerer. Apparently they planned to make this choice available to all hero units but GW only allowed for those specific classes to become leader. :(

Anywho I have to take back everything bad I said about spells since at least the skaven ones are actually kind of ridiculous. -40% armour absorption and -30% dodge/parry on a single target, castable 3 times per turn, an AoE cloud that increases ranged resistance for all units by 100% but decreases melee resistance by 30% for all non-skaven units, an AoE centered on the sorcerer that hits everyone in a somewhat large radius for -3OP are all very useful in their own right, and that is without using any SP for leadership skills to support your troops even more. I basically have an army of rats at my command that I can buff to ridiculous strength with just this one unit, or debuff the enemy frontline into submission by reducing all their armour/OP every turn.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I finally kicked my Assassin Adept in the nuts - or rather the enemy did, he was missing 2 XP to rank 10 where he lost an arm to a lucky crit-streak made by one of those blind lesbian chicks. I decided to forgo levelling a new adept since they need to level all the way to rank 10 before they gain a 3rd attack while dualwielding which is a pain in the ass. After playing the game for 2 weeks I only just found out about being able to not only promote henchmen to hero, but that every third hero unit can actually be promoted to leader aswell. Champion for Mercs, Augur for Soros, Possessed for the Cult and for the Skaven that would be the Eshin Sorcerer. Apparently they planned to make this choice available to all hero units but GW only allowed for those specific classes to become leader. :(

Anywho I have to take back everything bad I said about spells since at least the skaven ones are actually kind of ridiculous. -40% armour absorption and -30% dodge/parry on a single target, castable 3 times per turn, an AoE cloud that increases ranged resistance for all units by 100% but decreases melee resistance by 30% for all non-skaven units, an AoE centered on the sorcerer that hits everyone in a somewhat large radius for -3OP are all very useful in their own right, and that is without using any SP for leadership skills to support your troops even more. I basically have an army of rats at my command that I can buff to ridiculous strength with just this one unit, or debuff the enemy frontline into submission by reducing all their armour/OP every turn.

That seems a bit anal...

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Steam Patch, 450 mb

Full Release Patch 2
16 december - Kes
Hello Everyone,

Since the full release of Mordheim: City of the Damned, we continue monitoring the forums, to provide you support and fix major issues that could alter your experience in the game.

Today, we present you our second patch (1.0.4.18) since the release, providing the following fixes and improvements:

New Content
  • We added an alternate combat animation for melee attacks for a total of 72 New combat animations (36 hit, 36 fail)
  • Added AI difficulty as a parameter in skirmish
  • GUI – The Target selection will be remembered now (as long as the last target selected is still in range)

General Changes
  • Reduced the Reputation required to gain Faction ranks by roughly 20% (spread on all levels). This apply to all factions and will take effect retroactively
    • Rank 1 = 100 reputation (remains unchanged)
    • Rank 2 = 400 reputation (instead of 500)
    • Rank 3 = 1200 reputation (instead of 1500)
    • Rank 4 = 2500 reputation (instead of 3000)
    • Rank 5 = 4000 reputation (instead of 5000)
  • Market Rotation:
    • Reduced the chances of Bandit Attacks preventing a market rotation
    • Reduced the chances of having Business as Usual
    • Increased the chances for an Exotic Piece event (enchanting formula)
    • Fixed an issue where sometimes the Exotic Piece event would be discarded and re-rolled
  • Increased the Drop Rate chances of Formula (Runes & Marks) for Warbands Rank 5 and Above
  • Black powder weapons will now display the Flintlock effect which increase Shoot and ranged Attack Skills by 1 OP
  • The display of the Ambush circle is now more accurate visually
  • The display of the ambush range will now show for all skills which has an Ambush effect
  • The combat circle visual has been improved
  • The Pop-up to Disband Warband/Warrior is now focused on the Cancel button to avoid unfortunate disband/firing
  • Added more combat info (hit chances details) on top of damages in the UI
  • Added a description to the Rout Threshold option in skirmish lobby
  • Ambush scenarios will only trigger during Brutal or Deadly Missions
  • The chances for Hired Swords and Ai of getting Injuries has been reduced
  • Slightly increased the chances of getting new Hired Swords on Hired Sword rotation days

Runes & Marks
  • Fixed the Rune of Dismay, it will now properly stack (really this time)
  • Rune of Lucidity: increased the bonus to Stupidity rolls to 35% (instead of 25%) to the Regular version and to 75% (instead of 50%) to the Master version
  • Rune of Health: due to a technical restriction, we had to change this Rune. Instead of increasing wounds it will now increase:
    • Regular: Poison Resistance +5% and Wyrdstone Resistance +15%
    • Mastery Version: Poison Resistance +10% and Wyrdstone Resistance +30%
  • Rune of Constitution: this rune has been added to have the same behavior the Rune of Health had before, but on the Helmet slot instead

Unique Story Missions
  • The Wounds of the Manticore has been increased
  • The Manticore will now properly cause Terror
  • The Manticore has gain an increase in Resistance to Poison, Crit, Magic and Armor Absorption
  • The monolith buff protecting Merga will now also provide a Critical Resistance bonus
  • The Binding zone around the Manticore will now make her practically invincible. Anyone entering the area suffers from the same effects as the Manticore
  • Modifications on the Enemy Placement has been done in the mission 5 of Mercenaries
  • Objectives in Mission 6 of the Mercenaries have been re-ordered to display the freeing of the Prisoners chain of Objective on top
  • The buff of Merga “Dark Lord’s Gift” has had its Armor Absorption reduced to 25% instead of 35%

Bug Fixes
  • GUI - Fixed ladder offset on reload
  • Fixed an issue were some enchantments were not reapplied on dead unit (making casters who died from the curse potentially die after battle) upon reloading a game
  • Fixed "-lowSettings" to be really set to low settings and not medium settings
  • Made a fixed to deployments in multiplayer when there is a roaming monsters
  • Warriors are now "grounded" on disengage
  • Customizing foot when there is a leg injury won't replace the visual of the injury anymore
  • Fixed the localization when a rune cannot be bought (in the pop-up)
  • Fixed the localization of the “skip intro” button
  • Fixed an issue when spamming the button when going back to main menu
  • Fixed an issue to make sure impressive Warriors in campaign are spawned at their specified nodes
  • Fixed an issue where the kick player option in skirmish was not available after swapping warriors
  • Fixed the achievements to complete the tutorials
  • Fixed all the achievements "unit at max rank with no injuries"
  • Fixed some issues where sometimes the navmesh would get corrupted
  • Fixed an issue where the flying Dodge message would show the wrong text
  • Fixed a certain spawn setup in Noble's Quarter Map 1 and Map 2 where Warriors could remain stuck in a building.
  • Fixed an issue with the procedurally generated woodplank bridges where two of them could spawn across each other and completely block the passage.
  • Fixed more instances of possible invisible walls with the procedural buildings connections.
  • Fixed an issue where pink texture would appear on a building in Nobles Quarter's Maps.
  • Fixed more occurrences where your Warriors would collide on invisible walls in clear passages.
  • Fixed the possibility to engage Warriors in stairways from above or below them that rarely occurred inside buildings.
  • Fixed an issue where you could land in mid-air after using a jump down action on a wooden bridge.
  • Fixed an issue with the Wall Runner skill where it would display over the “Interaction” option and lead you to believe you couldn’t perform a normal Climb anymore
  • Fixed inventory current slot changing when switching between tabs in inventory
  • Fixed lobby creation popup navigation when using controller/keyboard
  • Fixed cancel joining lobby using keyboard/controller
  • Fixed end game not showing when opponent quits while in overview map
  • Fixed Warriors not performing stupidity when starting engaged
  • Fixed monsters in library locking teleport exit
  • Critical blood splatter displayed only for players involved in the fight

Known Issues
  • Blocking navigation in stairs: In some cases, it is possible to prevent Warriors from climbing stairs if there is another Warrior (ally or enemy) standing under the stairs.

How to help us
If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the thread "Issues launching or loading the game. Read this first!", and the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues, and do no post in general discussions. The general discussion forum is very hard for us to navigate as there is a lot of movement, so we only look at it briefly.

If you get a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the bug report section, and also send your output log and a copy of your combat log, found in your steam install directory:
- Steam\SteamApps\common\mordheim\mordheim_Data\output_log.txt
- Steam\SteamApps\common\mordheim\combat.log

Email this log to logs at rogue-factor.com and we'll take a look at it. Please link your post/thread in your email so we can return to it. A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.

We hope you enjoy this patch. Feel free to check the forums regularly to get information on what's coming next to Mordheim: City of the Damned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom