Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

morally non-ambiguous, or 1eyedking's Why The Witcher Is An Intelligent Game

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Crichton said:

Not again... Go back and read 1eyedking's posts.

EDIT: I agree, that the options are sometimes very limiting, but they choices are easy only for the ignorant.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
1eyedking said:
I also love how this game rewards you (loot wise) for making morally wrong choices (where the choices are less ambiguous) - take that, bio-whores.

As it should be. You play an evil character to gain power not be regulated to second rate shit. I liked that factor in VTMB as well, if you basically enslaved Heather you'll end up getting the best armour in the game. There are also plenty of quests where you can bribe, blackmail and trick people resulting in more money gained... and money is pretty hard to come by in that game.

Erebus

Arcane
inwoker said:
Any ideas who was assassin in final movie?

Well, there seems to be two possibilities : a recently-created mutant or a witcher from one of the two other "witcher schools" Vesemir mentions.

I'm willing to bet the makers of the game just threw this last-minute fight in to make an exciting ending and keep people interested in a possible sequel. Speculating too much about it is futile. Remember the ending of BG2 ? The mysterious cloaked figures talking about you ? Where were they in ToB ? Nowhere. It was vague and generic stuff that didn't result in anything.

Erebus

Arcane
inwoker said:
I thought they were children of bhaal.

Yeah, we're supposed to believe they're the villains of ToB but it doesn't make any sense. The way they say "The Bhaalspawn is doomed" (or something) certainly doesn't suggest they are Bhaalspawns themselves. And the villains of ToB include a giant, a dragon and a drow...

As I said, meaningless stuff pretending to be meaningful. But I'm not complaining about the last-minute fight in the Witcher, because it was also awesome.

EDIT : Just decided to see the fight again on Youtube. The pointless bickering going on and on in the comments about the identity of the assassin is hilarious.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hm, I have witcher OST but can't find music which plays on encounter with Professor and Azar Javed. Anyone knows name of track?

made

Arcane
inwoker said:
Any ideas who was assassin in final movie?
I think it's safe to say that it was a Witcher from the Viper school and part of a band of Kinglslayers led by Letho of Gulet, tasked to murder monarchs across the Northern Kingdoms in preparation for a Nilfgaardian invasion.

If you're still wondering, that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom