Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mooncrest, an INCLUSIVE new action RPG from ex-Bioware devs - Cancelled

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Instead of good and evil / dark and light side when now have "Discipline and Compassion" meters, which could be interesting because it's "grey side and gray side", but I doubt that they will make something out of it
"Discipline and Compassion" are obviously going to be evil and good, respectively, because this game is being made for people who have none of the former and think they're full of the latter.

Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Dark Souls" and "modern combat design philosophy" cracks me up every damn time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZXjKaioNl8)... crappy action combat, not some ass-farted "philosophy", repeat: CRAPPY ACTION COMBAT. again: crappy action combat.
"Logic puzzles" usually means towers of hanoi or other 1st uv math year crap. "Cinematic conversations" because we really wanted to be in movie industry instead.

Apexeon

Arcane
Just what we need, MOAR shitty ACTION games!

Just wish we had an ACTION RPG sub-forum so we could just shovel all this shit there. :M

:bro:

**** yer. **** action rpg shit.

We need it so we can stick the stain Fallout 4 down in the Action RPG abyss.

Action RPG's are just "Doom" with stats progression and voice acting story time for fags that want to pretend they are the star of a linear movie.

Ohhh some wine left in the cask *** yer.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game mechanics: http://www.mooncrestrpg.com/news/2015/07/16/core-gameplay-elements-in-mooncrest/

Sera is noble yet callow while Pirotase is more worldly and chaotic.

agendas

conversations will provide a cinematic experience in which you will make choices that control the tone and flow of dialogue.

Inspired by the Souls series style of combat,

We have more than 20 years of combined game development experience

Wow, that's (meaning all the stuff I snipped from the quote) a lot of bovine manure, all crammed into a handful of lines. They surely are skilled writers, these guys.

tl;dr:

Lesbians
Shit, action-ey, combat
Lesbians
Endless chain of cutscens (ME3, anyone?)
Lesbians
Silly alignment system with QTE-choices during cutscenes (SWTOR, ME, DA)
Lesbians
Banalshitboring and cliché dynamic duo of characters (the-knight-and-the-rogue stereotypical duality)
Lesbians
A game made by noobs, for noobs (20 years of "combined" game dev time? LOL)
Lesbians

I wish I could say anything positive about this announcement.

:dead:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Action RPG's are just "Doom" with stats progression and voice acting story time for fags that want to pretend they are the star of a linear movie.

Wait what? How about System Shock 2? (and first btw). It is also action-PRG, my favoruite from all times. Looks loke the only excuse for genre.

fanta

Arcane
"Discipline and Compassion" are obviously going to be evil and good, respectively, because this game is being made for people who have none of the former and think they're full of the latter.
Real insight man.

Azarkon

Arcane
It seems this Mooncrest is the newest version of a 2014 steam's greenliht project : Paladin Trilogy Twilight, which could be, according to twiter a modern version of an old NWN mod : Rick's Twlight Trilogy

So basically, an enhanced version of a NWN mod which was also unfinished

I was not aware that Rick Burton was hired by Bioware for his work on the NWN Paladin trilogy, but that explains why he never finished it. So, after years of working for the Bioware corporate machine, he decided to finish it in the form of a new game?

Unfortunately, it looks as though eight years at Bioware had changed him, and not necessarily in a positive way.

Goblino

Savant
I swear "souls-like" is well on its way towards dethroning "online sandbox crafting survival" as the most obnoxious fad every uninspired hack tries his hand at in hopes of making a quick buck.

At least the details about the story are comedy gold. Not even expecting anything in this department from Bioware rejects of all people, but generic pure idealist paired up with edgy outcast, most probably ending up in an inclusive lesbian romance, presented as a cinematic experience with insufferable "snarky" dialogue? This shit is sonic fancomic tier of :retarded:

What gets me is the way people tie DS to things that should just be called basic fucking game design. Souls was fucking brilliant especially in the time it showed up, but what it demonstrates is that From are the masters of making games that rely on players using their senses and learning to exploit the limitations of AI and the game itself in order to win. From has a deep history of working with shit engines to make awesome games. When people namedrop DS on their jewstarter pitches, they're basically saying nothing. They can't just say that theyre making reflex based combat, it's always like Dark Souls. As if to say Souls invented enemy telegraphing, lock on melee combat, action rpgs, or challenging gameplay. Basically, it's nothing but buzzwording, and reflects none of their actual design philosophy.

Maschtervoz

Learned
Well, the hordes of talentless hacks out there need something to cling onto since they can't come up with anything of value themselves. So, they grab good games, strip their essence down to a shallow, meaningless husk, then go around namedropping buzzwords in hopes someone will bite. It's sad these fucks butchering decent games and then parading around wearing their skins, but it's a shit marketing practice that won't be going away anytime soon.

Jerker

Educated
KnightMayorLogo.png
:what:

Zetor

Arcane
Not sure how relevant it is, but one of the devs is apparently a streamer really into dark souls 1/2 (even streamed a 'butterknife challenge' run of DS1/2/SOTS) as well as Darkest Dungeon... so even if they want to create a qte-fest full of half-elf half-vampire half-demon half-cat half-unicorns, they at least have decent taste in games!

msxyz

Augur
I will fund it. I Gave money to Obsidian thinking they would deliver and POE turned out complete shit. Maybe, just maybe, outside of the harmful environment that is Bioware, these guys will deliver something half decent.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I will fund it. I Gave money to Obsidian thinking they would deliver and POE turned out complete shit. Maybe, just maybe, outside of the harmful environment that is Bioware, these guys will deliver something half decent.
"I gave money to Obsidian and their game turned out to be shit, so now I'll give money to a less reputable company on the assumption that their game won't be!"

Manboon really isn't a learning animal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom