Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Perkel

Arcane
After several hours of mathematics, history and quantum gravity calculations i made this:

46x2xb1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far no crashes, no nothing (well i play offline). Performance wise it set itself on Mid graphic setting 1920x1080@60fps and on my i5-3570@4,5Ghz+GTX980(stock clocks)+8GBram runs absolutely locked 60fps without a dropped frame so i will probably up settings a little in future. I play on PS4 controller so i can't comment on K+M situation. I am using older Nvidia drivers.

Got my Great Sword and i am off to hunt... No cats allowed.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Biggest change i notice compared to PS4 and PS4Pro is how fucking quick everything loads.
Back on PS4/Ps4Pro it took like few minutes to load a game from main menu and it took about 30-60 seconds to get into quest.

On PC loading from main menu is like 6-9 seconds and going to house/quest is almost instant

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Biggest change i notice compared to PS4 and PS4Pro is how fucking quick everything loads.
Back on PS4/Ps4Pro it took like few minutes to load a game from main menu and it took about 30-60 seconds to get into quest.

On PC loading from main menu is like 6-9 seconds and going to house/quest is almost instant
Like I've got the game on a mirrored 6tb hdd, and it loads super fucking quick. Was expecting that kind of loading for ssd only, but was pleasantly surprised.

Vorark

Erudite
Well, I couldn't resist. Put 3 hours in. Looks pretty and all that, but I care about gameplay.

So far I'm weirded out by the toned down hit feedback: hitting monsters doesn't feel satisfying, it's like there's little impact. In past games, when your attack connected, there was a small hitlag, as if your weapon was slowly cutting through; the effect was even more pronounced when hitting a weakspot. In World it seems to hold little weight, feels off. I could make a case if it was a light weapon like DS or SNS but the goddamn Hammer? A solid slab of metal/bone in high velocity to the nearest monster head feeling like nothing? Something is amiss.

The animations look good, you can see the hunter putting strength behind the moves, but once you hit the monster all this feeling of weight is lost. I'd like to say it's the lack of blood yet Freedom Unite had most of the blood gore removed and still felt immensily satisfying. At least a google search tells me I'm not alone. Maybe Capcom will fine tune it whenever the G Rank update hits. So far, I'm not enjoying this change at all. Will test the other heavy weapons later.

Did the Great Jargas or whatshisname hunt after surviving the onslaught of initial cutscenes. Fuck this shit, just let me play in peace. :decline:

I think the extended and heavy-handed tutorial (and really, the campaign as a whole) was designed with new players in mind - together with other additions like the trail wisp.

MH is a dense game full of little details and quirks, and easing new players into things isn't a bad idea as long as it doesn't compromise the overall gameplay experience. Optional and side quests are much more in line with what I remember from past MHs (both the cool hunts as well as the boring 'collect X mushrooms' or 'kill 20 insects') and they're still there in droves - too many, in fact.

I think MHW has admirably succeeded in bringing in new players through streamlining some of its functionality (garden into botanical research, for example, I think was brilliant) without compromising the core gameplay loop in any way. It is a rare thing when it works without dumbing things down and should be celebrated.

I also dislike much of the railroaded campaign, but thankfully I don't have to spend much time with it. I can just fuck around in expeditions and do optional hunts to my heart's content. There's something for everyone.

Perkel

Arcane
Like I've got the game on a mirrored 6tb hdd, and it loads super fucking quick. Was expecting that kind of loading for ssd only, but was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah it is sooo fucking fast on SSD. I was used to getting quest, going to my box to prepare and by time i got off from my box i would here ping that quest is ready and off you go 20-30second loading and i am in quest.

On SSD you take quest, ping is like half second later, you fly off, 2-3 second later you are on quest. It is even faster on comeback after quest. Like it used to be good 40 second loading to get back to village while on PC it is like 2 seconds or less.

Maybe you did, but did the people who gave you the key?

From what i understand seller bought MHW and it is sharing it via family sharing or something like that on steam. I get login to account from which i download game and play but i can't play online because main account is used probably by seller so i need to go offline.

Either way Capcom got from me 60$ + 2$ and probably will get another 40-50$ once G-expansion will come because i will want to play that shit online with dexers on PC for lols.

I think the extended and heavy-handed tutorial (and really, the campaign as a whole) was designed with new players in mind - together with other additions like the trail wisp.

Yes, basically whole low rank is one big tutorial for new people. Which is why you don't get jewels until high rank something that was in MH given you at 2 star quests. Imho i don't mind it, the more people they get the better game will be considering heads and designers behind it. One prime fear people had with MHW was that it would sell not a lot and they would back to handhelds and shitty graphics, this is also probably reason why they didn't make much content as they didn't want to go over budget because they were not sure they will sell a lot.

I fully expect them for G/Ultimate expansion go crazy and basically double amount of monsters + rework of every weapon art design + 2-3 new maps.

I would fucking kill for MHW Tigrex. Tigrex with MHW mechanics would be fucking amazing thing to see because his whole shittick is that Tigrex is always in rage and always pursues you, so it would be hilarious to watch people die left and right because they couldn't get away from it.

So far I'm weirded out by the toned down hit feedback: hitting monsters doesn't feel satisfying, it's like there's little impact. In past games, when your attack connected, there was a small hitlag, as if your weapon was slowly cutting through; the effect was even more pronounced when hitting a weakspot. In World it seems to hold little weight, feels off. I could make a case if it was a light weapon like DS or SNS but the goddamn Hammer? A solid slab of metal/bone in high velocity to the nearest monster head feeling like nothing? Something is amiss.

You should play more. MHW DOES have those animation stops but unlike before they are now situational, meaning that you get longer stop upon hit depending on if you hit weak part or not and amount of damage. For example Great sword horizontal swipe does not produce this effect but charged attack does and depending on which charged attack it increases.
So unlike before it is more situational to put more emphasis on that "feeling" when you actually do something great like hitting with hard attack weak part of monster. I think it also vary pert attacking part, so if you will hit tail of Jaggras i don't think it will produce this effect but hit it in head or body and it will.

edit: video of it:
ezgif-1-6db067c89d.gif

Last edited:
Sad to say, it is probably selling this well during the critical launch window because of Denuvo.

I don't recall any past Capcom ports using it and I (again sadly) expect forthcoming ports to all use it. Same thing for Sega - Yakuza 0 also has Denuvo, but performance there is brilliant (unlike MHW).

Perkel

Arcane
Sad to say, it is probably selling this well during the critical launch window because of Denuvo.

I don't think so. Even when games were broken since release games sold on steam in huge numbers. People who pirate either way would not buy game.

deama

Prophet

I don't think so. Even when games were broken since release games sold on steam in huge numbers. People who pirate either way would not buy game.
Ahahahaha, so true.

A while back the European Union funded some project thing that analysed how much of a loss piracy is for products, the results showed no change, in some cases it gave a boost. At the time I couldn't find the paper, and later it was revealed that the union was trying to prevent it from leaking so they could contain the "situation", donno if you can find it now.

Vorark

Erudite
You should play more. MHW DOES have those animation stops but unlike before they are now situational, meaning that you get longer stop upon hit depending on if you hit weak part or not and amount of damage. For example Great sword horizontal swipe does not produce this effect but charged attack does and depending on which charged attack it increases.
So unlike before it is more situational to put more emphasis on that "feeling" when you actually do something great like hitting with hard attack weak part of monster. I think it also vary pert attacking part, so if you will hit tail of Jaggras i don't think it will produce this effect but hit it in head or body and it will.

I will. Wanna test how SA and CB fare, 'cause I'm not feeling the Hammer at all. :|

Perkel

Arcane
A while back the European Union funded some project thing that analysed how much of a loss piracy is for products, the results showed no change, in some cases it gave a boost. At the time I couldn't find the paper, and later it was revealed that the union was trying to prevent it from leaking so they could contain the "situation", donno if you can find it now.

They proved that people who pirate were actually people who buy more stuff than average non pirate which is logical, people who consume a lot of media once given money will spend extra on those mediums.

They even confirmed it in therms of music which is like the easiest thing to pirate. People who pirated the most were the one also who spend the most on music.

Perkel

Arcane
Damn managed to get only to Wildsprie Waste doing 100% armor and weapons will take.... some time.

Perkel

Arcane
Did you 100% on the PS4?

Nope. I finished game once got nice armor and some weapons. I am MH veteran so when i noticed there isn't that much content i stopped playing and decided to wait for G-expansion and i sold my PS4. Didn't even try any DLC as i want to try it along with G-expansion for "better fun"

Wouldn't even try base PC version. But hey 2$... So i decided that i will be playing for few hours a week and try to collect all armor and weapons while i wait for Gexp.

My prediction for G-expansion is that they will announce it at tokyo show which is very near (September 20) with release january next year, which would be full year after release and how generally ultimate/g editions were out before.

Vorark

Erudite
Perkel, considering you had the opportunity to play both PS4 and PC, do you think the text is too small? I snagged a cheapo PS4 copy but I'm having trouble reading the text.

Why these console games have such tiny letters? I have the same issue with Bloodborne. :argh:

Vorark

Erudite
You can increase the font size in the start menu options (before loading your save).

I did, it's still too tiny. Had to enable the PS4 zoom feature (PS button + square, I think) to be able to read the item descriptions. Tempted to just buy one of those 10m HDMI cables and hook it to my monitor.

Perkel

Arcane
Perkel, considering you had the opportunity to play both PS4 and PC, do you think the text is too small? I snagged a cheapo PS4 copy but I'm having trouble reading the text.

Why these console games have such tiny letters? I have the same issue with Bloodborne. :argh:

Nope. I play with my 40tv from about 1.5m away for both PC and Console (when i had it). I guess if you play anything on non 55 with console you will get small text from normal salon distance.

I've been farming for a Rathian set and just crafted the Wyvern Blade (Leaf). It applies poison.

However, I'm finding it very weak. Much weaker than the Anja crafted longsword (fire) and the Pulsar Shotei II (lightning). I suppose some monsters are weak to poison, but is it worth it compared to just straight elemental damage? Doesn't seem like it.

Perkel

Arcane
excalatedquickly

bought ps4 mostly for MHW to play with friend. In meantime i did P5,Nier,Bloodborne, FFXV then i got MHW and then sold ps4.
For a that playing i paid about 30$ for about half a year together + 60$ for MHW digital, i could wait for physical box but i couldn't wait one day lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom