Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter: World - pre-release thread

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I can run Nier: Automata at 720p with everything on, 2x AA, 60fps.

However if I wanna play it at 1080p I gotta disable AA and even then fps hovers around 50 or so.

iCore i3 3.9ghz
8gb RAM
nvidia gtx 1050

I don't have any other "modern" games installed at the moment so Nier automata is the best way I can anticipate how my pc will handle a console port with "graffix".

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man, I just hope the port won't be too bad. My PC is shit :(

Considering how BETA works on standard PS4. You would need something like i3 and HD7850 to play it with 30fps @ 1080p and dips to 20. Framerate isn't locked so it could go as well to 60 in some scenes. Making it run at 1600x900 would probably make game run average 40fps though.

Unlike previous generation of consoles current consoles specs more or less translate well to PC hardware on multiplatform titles. PS4 has slow CPU and mediacore GPU (HD7850+).

What PC you have ?

It is old as heck :negative:

MnxgCoG.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
It isn't that bad. i5 and HD6800 (though it doesn't state if it is 6850 or 6870).

As long as game will use DX11 you should be able to play it though you might lower details a bit and things such as Ambient Occlusion and shadows.

MT Framework which MHW uses is tried and tested engine that works well on PC. Capcom also will probably hand over PC port to one of their studio which did before ports to PC.

Dragon's Dogma uses for example MT Framework and it works really well though it doesn't use modern graphics.

Vorark

Erudite
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/15/monster-hunter-worlds-ps4-beta-coming-players-december-22/
Monster Hunter: World’s PS4 Beta Coming To All Players On December 22

Mega Potions, check. Traps, check. Well-Done Steaks, check. Those of you who aren’t PS Plus subscribers will get to check out Monster Hunter: World’s beta on PS4 from December 22 through December 26, 2017.

The announcement comes from Monster Hunter’s official Twitter account, where Capcom revealed that Hunters and future Hunters who didn’t get to check out the Monster Hunter: World beta that was reserved for PS Plus subscribers last week will get to do so starting December 22.

The open beta starts on December 22 at 9:00am PST/5:00pm GMT/6:00pm CET and ends on December 26 at 9:00am PST/5:00pm GMT/6:00pm CET. The beta has three playable missions of different difficulties and rewards for the full release version of the game for clearing them.

You can check out more on what’s available in the beta in our previous report.

Monster Hunter: World releases on January 26, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A PC version will arrive later.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah basically same beta just for everyone and you don't need to pay PS+ to play it online. Imo free PR at this point. Demo/Beta was great and i fully expect this beta to become demo in january to further move people toward full game.

Thanks to this i will now test if framerate on PS4Pro is better than on normal PS4 as i switched from standard one to Pro 2 days ago and couldn't test it. I heard with PS4Pro and framerate mode game runs mostly 60fps so i would wait with PC version for good deal rather than buy it day one.

kalganoat

Savant
yeah basically same beta just for everyone and you don't need to pay PS+ to play it online. Imo free PR at this point. Demo/Beta was great and i fully expect this beta to become demo in january to further move people toward full game.

Thanks to this i will now test if framerate on PS4Pro is better than on normal PS4 as i switched from standard one to Pro 2 days ago and couldn't test it. I heard with PS4Pro and framerate mode game runs mostly 60fps so i would wait with PC version for good deal rather than buy it day one.

Saw a YouTube video by nxgamer and they claimed pro fps mode is around 45. test it yourself to check.

sullynathan

Arcane
I finally played the demo and it's ..... just as I expected.
It's a straight improvement over the last Monster Hunter game I played. It is now using a controller instead of a handheld so there's extra buttons, the UI is the same though and there's voice acting now.

Combat is a bit better now just due to the fact that I can fully control the camera as I move.

The most important thing however is the whole new movement system outside of combat like climbing stuff. I played multiplayer in a Monster Hunter game for the first time and it is really hectic and messy, I'm not sure if this game is just straight up easier, but everyone just pounds the monster without waiting or playing tactically as in solo play.

I have to say however, the weapons feel better than they did in Portable third, especially the guns.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Yeah I wouldn't put much stock in difficulty of the final game based on the demo. These sorts of things are ALWAYS made ultra casual for the shitters who initially pick up the demo, so they feel comfortable.

Perkel

Arcane
Monster Hunter has been getting progressively easier tho.

At low rank sure. But once you reach high rank and G-rank there is no difference.
Either way MH isn't game where you will be lacking challange and steam roll everything.

Imo mos of challenge goes when you do multi even with cats. MHW kind of fixes this as cats are rarely targeted and work more like support than attacking creature.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Monster Hunter has been getting progressively easier tho.

At low rank sure. But once you reach high rank and G-rank there is no difference.
Either way MH isn't game where you will be lacking challange and steam roll everything.

Imo mos of challenge goes when you do multi even with cats. MHW kind of fixes this as cats are rarely targeted and work more like support than attacking creature.

Well a lot of the difficulty has been going away due to QoL changes, but MHGen was a turd and hunter arts / styles just broke the entire game into pieces and trivialized everything for me.

Declinator

Arbiter
Played the beta for a couple of hours.
  • Contrary to what Perkel said, I didn't notice the monsters being particularly more aggressive than before. Diablos seemed to be slower and bigger with maybe one new move. Rathalos claw attack has always had ridiculous range and speed. That said, my memories of a base Rathalos/Diablos may be skewed by fighting a lot of Black Diablos/Azure/Silver Rathalos.
  • Dislike the bug monster tracking system a lot. Essentially a quest compass. Just a straight up downgrade from paint balls as far as I'm concerned.
  • I liked having to do a bit more while mounting monsters but it seems strange how long you sometimes have to hack at the monsters. The vaulting weapons will have a massively reduced effect if the mounting time actually increases every time you succesfully topple one. Also, it seemed extremely easy to keep on the monster so hopefully that is just a beta thing.
  • Have mixed feelings about the damage numbers being shown. I don't think absolute numbers were necessary and perhaps something like a sound/visual cue to indicate the vulnerability of the part being struck would have served the game better.
  • As I understand it, the game has voice chat now? Hope you can set "no voice" option while creating a quest/searching for a quest or something similar as otherwise the multiplayer will go down the shitter.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I don't think absolute numbers were necessary and perhaps something like a sound/visual cue to indicate the vulnerability of the part being struck would have served the game better.
The series has always had that, it's just nigh impossible to distinguish in the middle of a heated battle. I think the numbers are a good change, they're show the difference between different moves and weapons as well, not just area vulnerabilities. Now you can figure out if it's better to do a charge attack vs a combo on a downed monster, for example.

Perkel

Arcane
At first i didn't like numbers but after a while i get used to them. As much as this sounds weird they are better for gameplay. Thanks to those numbers i finally can learn which attacks deal how much damage. Motion value always was kind of crap to figure out and you had to believe youtubers that one attack is better than other or does different damage.

Like case of charge on lance. I always thought that it doesn't do much damage but with MHW i noticed that not only it does combo damage very quickly and you can finish it with poke that can do 100 damage. So now i use it far more than before.

After extensively playing it for hours i consider leaving numbers as default a good change. For purists there is switch off option and in full game monsters will bleed like in previous games.

Damned Registrations

Having access to damage numbers but not monster life is going to add some interesting meta value to the slower weapons, in particular the great sword, since you'll be able to tally your damage as you fight an know how much health the monster has left, or even how much it has left before specific parts break or it flinches. No way you could realistically do that with something like dual swords. I suppose it was always kind of viable for flinching, hence the whole headlocking thing. But you'd have to be rainman to be certain a monster was X amount of attacks or bombs or whatever away from being captured- until now.

kalganoat

Savant
How can people not like an optional toggle like numbers LMAO

Do you enjoying doing math to figure out motion values and hitzones?

Damned Registrations

I suppose that depends on the goal of playing. If all you want to do is casually stomp things with full parties spamming consumables, then sure, you can beat the monsters using whatever retarded inefficient attacks you want.

If you want to actually be good at the game, it is indeed a struggle without numbers, because you'd need to do hours of testing to figure out the relative damage of various attacks on raw weapons, let alone how elemental attacks, affinity, and various buffs work. And weak spots? Forget about it. You'll never know whether it's better to hit part X 3 times or part Y 4 times without numbers, unless you're going to put in dozens of hours of testing per monster.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You can easily be good at the game even without numbers. They help and serve as a shortcut, but you'll get a feel for how things work just through experience of playing the game naturally and trying/experimenting with new weapons.
The only thing you need to do in this game to be good is be familiar with your weapon moveset, not trip others and don't be greedy with your attacks. As I said, numbers aren't any kind of necessity for this series, but I'm not against the option of having them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
PC version is coming in Fall:

Happy New Year, hunters. Here is a developer update from the Monster Hunter: World producer. It's currently being optimized for PC and is planned for an Autumn 2018 release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom