Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Modojo Interviews Jordan Weisman on Shadowrun Returns

Topher

Cipher
As far as Tablets go, Battle for Wesnoth, Rebuild and 7th guest are pretty solid. While not exactly hardcore they are far from casual "Popcap" games and I'll second that they run the Infinity Engine games amazingly well. The iPad even has a pretty sweet little MoO2 clone, though it's somewhat feature dry at the moment.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The Kickstarter page mentions using a conversation system inspired by that SNES title. What can we expect from in-game conversations?

Well, they won't pass the Turing test and convince you our NPCs are real, but they should provide a lot of relevant contextual information and "color", hopefully without the frustration of having to navigate conversation trees.

:x

I wondered that too, but I never played the game. Were they terribly done design wise or people are just idiots?

From youtube videos it looks alright to me, considering the technology at the time.

Dexter

Arcane
Since Baldurs Gate and Planescape: Torment run on a tablet, I don't see the problem?
They weren't designed to run on tablets or they would play very very differently, hell one of my phones years back even ran Doom and stuff on it, you can also play Quake and other 3D-games on tablets, doesn't make it fun...

It kinda sounds like he wants to make a 2D top-down touch-based game like his previous one:

Bungie-Aerospace-Crimson-Steam-Pirates-Screenshot-Mines-570x427.jpg

Burning Bridges

It cannot imagine they are going for this style. That would look worse than the 2.5D graphics in the original Shadowrunner.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
And the art looks great (for me).

Also, no. Isometric, Turn-Based, Tactical Combat with 4 diff. view points (Real - Street Samurai, Magic - Combat Mages, Matrix - Deckers, Astral - Shamans).

Shannow

Waster of Time
You have to be one really assburned individual to not back a project just because of the mentioned order of the platforms. :lol:
Well, console first is already a statement towards gameplay. So for shooters or strategy games, the mention of console first would already rule out any interest I might have had. Similar stuff can be said about tablets.
But for a TB RPG? I don't get the animosity and scepticism. Perhaps I'll understand when I play SRR in a year's time. But somehow I just expect to keep shaking my head in bafflement at some people's idiotic opinions...

Burning Bridges

Shake your head and do the other things as much as you like, but I won't support anything that is not made first and foremost for the PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom