Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Modding Tool: Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 (01-2020)

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Alright I have completed the new version of Arcanum Factory (1.2).
It adds a bunch of new features and fixes some bugs.

The download links and full list of features can be found in the release thread at TA:
Arcanum Factory (terra-arcanum)

I hope you'll have fun with it ;)

Last edited:

TheFilthyJack

Educated
I have just fixed some parts of the code and a very annoying bug in the schematics editor ( sized items couldn't be saved ).
The link in the original thread has been updated, you only need to replace ArcanumFactory.exe if you want to keep your previous work.

Cheers :)

TheFilthyJack

Educated
I kinda feel lonely bumping my own thread but I have some good news for the remaining Arcanum fans out there ;)

I have been busy trying to finish the "followers auto-level" mod lately, and I thought I would include some other engine hacks from the community which were all documented but never implemented in mod installer or something.

And I ended up including a full campaign extractor/mod maker and a launcher with all commandline options. Basically the complete engine/campaign editing tool.

ACMPreview.png

Download Arcanum Community Mods

:bunkertime:No more excuses...

Last edited:

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Your'e welcome, I'm sure you'll come back to it eventually, after all, the nostalgia of Arcanum is very hard to shake off. (to quote a fellow at TA).

TheFilthyJack

Educated
At least we now have something to mess with when it comes to Arcanum Modding, I wish I had that kind of coding skills back when it was released...:negative:

Trexider

Barely Literate
Hi, i would like to thank you for your great modding tool. Im really glad i found this, i've been searching for such tool years ago, now i returned to this game after quite a while. Im not very good at modding these things, yet i enjoy changing game features to my likes, so far i just input my picture, edited background and changed atributes only, but your tool is very inspiring even for people with less skill to atempt something more complex with this great game. Do you plan on adding monster or NPC editing also, eventually follower creation? Im a guy with lot of big ideas and no skills to do them hehe, so your programs give me some hope that maybe one day i'll achieve my goals. Deffinitely keep doing what you are good at and i'll be looking forward to see more of your work.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Hey Trexider,

I'm glad you're having fun with it! Don't be affraid to try out new things because you can't really go wrong and the game files are never really modified so you can restore defaults anytime ;)

I need to explain something, Arcanum Factory was created to allow people to do what they can't in WorldEd (the game's module editor), that is, create new items and manipulate inventories/schematics/containers/shops and ART.

About monsters, NPCs, followers:

They are related to Map Making, you need to choose an exsting race and then drop him on the map, and this can be done easily in WorldEd, no limitations here. You can use Factory to create and manipulate his inventory/dialog/script, which are the main components of NPCs anyways. (I'm sure you can find any info on this subject in AMTUT arcanum modding tutorial).

If you want to make your follower available in ShroudredHills, you can download 'Arcanum Community Mods', you'll see an option to extract the campaign files, making them available in WorldEd, you can then modify Arcanum Maps all you want, including custom critters/followers or modifying props/terrain. Content you made in Arcanum Factory will show up in WorldEd too, just remember to 'Apply' your Arcanum Factory content before loading WorldEd.

I guess I could give a quick follower dialog/script tutorial but this would be a little hardcore for someone who isn't really a modder, AMTUT and its youtube version are great for beginners, they explain everything.

Arcanum Factory will include a follower maker (easy dialog/script making) and inventory editing eventually. But the part about dropping it on the map will have to be done in WorldEd anyways.

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate :)

Talvas

Barely Literate
So I guess this will be a few weeks before its even seen but... I really like the tool but I'm a noob and pretty clueless. This wouldn't be so bad but I want to make a schematic for a better auto skeleton key. I want to make one using diamonds and the ASK but will open any lock I encounter. How would I go about making the new item with effect? I have the schematic portion down but the rest might as well be Chinese. If it can't be done I'll just make lock destroying acid or something. Thanks for this great tool.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
To create a working lockpick, you need to duplicate the auto skeleton key (or Lockpicks, Crude Lockpicks), to do this use the Raw Open -> data/proto/015101- generic.pro then Save as a new item. This item can then be used in your schematics.

But I'm affraid the lockpick bonus on them is hardcoded in the engine, it's either 0, 5 or 10.

-If you really need to create a master lockpick item, maybe another approach could work, for example if you create a pair of gloves which gives a bonus to lockpick? Create an effect in the effect editor with: Lockpick + X, save on a new empty line. Then (in the armor editor) use a glove template and select your effect in the armor's effects page.

-Or associate the spell 'unlocking cantrip' to a generic item or armor (don't forget to put spell mana to '-1' for infinite).

I hope it helps.

Talvas

Barely Literate
Thanks so much for the fast reply you are truly the man. But I like to roleplay so I don't like the gloves.. I might just make a 3 foot pry bar. And should I link that to the cantrip? Open all locks and doors but very noisy... Eventually I might just try to make acid. Would it be possible to make an effect that opens doors and locks with no noise? If so then I'll just make an acid schematic that injects acid into the lock.. But requires high levels of chemistry and mechanics.. But I have a feeling the 3 foot prybar is the best I'm gonna get.

Talvas

Barely Literate
I'm not sure how to edit so here's a second post. I'm not looking to make a master pick item.. Just something that gets most doors and barrels with out me having to use dynamite. And you would think the auto skeleton would at least raise you to a level where you can open most things and leave safes alone. But I'd even settle for the prybar and later when I get both skills to max an acid injector schematic..

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Just curious but, have you tried using 'alt' with the combat icon selected? This will make your character start hitting the locked door until it breaks with the currently equipped weapon, if your weapon is melee it will get damaged on metal objects, if you have a range weapon it won't. You can also bash it with your bare hands if you have enough strength. Making a prybar would mean an unbreakable item (invulnerable). But I'm affraid that is all I can think of.

Btw: you can't edit your posts when you just registered I think.

Talvas

Barely Literate
That is actually fine by me.. I'll make it smithy 1 and mechanics 1. Thanks for your all your help.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Hello Codex, I have made a new version of Arcanum Factory (1.3), this time merging the campaign editor and improving the Art Tool a lot thanks to Corvell's suggestions (Modder from the Russian community). The full changelog can be found in the Release Thread at TA.

Have fun :)

[/necromancy]

TheFilthyJack

Educated
What do I get for double necro post? jk :oops:

I have released a new version of Arcanum Factory (1.4 beta), this is a major update fixing a bunch of small bugs and adding new features I'm sure you will appreciate.
This is a beta because I'd like to get some input / suggestions from the community before it's completed. The final 1.4 will also include a script/dialog maker with voice recording, it is almost finished.

-The mod installer has been completely reworked to include readme.txt/preview.png and allow optional components.
-New WorlEd menu to modify Arcanum campaign and save all your changes in an optimal size mod.
-The Mes editor is brand new and can load any mes files in addition to Factory default mes files, I also added a syntax highlighter.

ArcanumFactory's ReadMe.txt now contains some extra infos and tips on how to use the various editors, I highly recommend reading it to avoid surprises.

Download: Arcanum Factory 1.4 Beta
TA Release Thread

As they say, closed mouths don't get fed. I've added some features on request, and multi-language compatibility is on the way.

Latest Hotfix 04/02/2018
*Damn... First bug report, now the new menu will save all files (*.*) from worlded instead of just .sec .mob. I forgot to change the wildcards. If you've already downloaded then please give it another try. I will update the link directly if I get other reports until the final 1.4.

*Another report, it seems I had the wrong version uploaded :obviously:, the link now has the fixed version without the bugs in the armor editor buttons.

*The new feature (capture mob files from clipboard) does trigger an AV warning about windows hook, the only thing it does is check the clipboard for 'G_*', nothing else.

*Added a button next to items descriptions box to load the associated prototype directly.

Happy Modding!

Last edited:

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Hello Codex,

I'm always lurking in the shadows fear not!
I'm closely looking at what offsets have been changed in the new UAP so that I can update Arcanum Factory, I have already fixed a few bugs and improved it but it didn't really deserve a new version so maybe it is time to do something.

I will definitely let you know when it is fully ready!
:love:

TheFilthyJack

Educated
The next version is available!

I have to say I have worked a lot on this version for the past months, especially on cleaning the code and getting rid of the last remaining bugs (hopefully).
The biggest thing being the compatibility with any game language!

This is Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 and I will continue to subversion this build because it will be the stable one using UAP 1.4.
I think I will provide support for 1.5 after I test it thoroughly because 1.5 is for english version only.

Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 Changelog

-Universal Language Support (Setup will extract language specific game files from your game the first time you start AF)
-Fixed a bug for Generic/Food not saving the internal name.
-Fixed Art not showing up in WorldEd
-Fixed Portraits import not working
-Improved ART Editor bmp routines and compression, also allowed more file formats.
-Optimized the code a lot, it now compiles with no warning at all and the interface is a lot faster.
-Cleaned up the build, some of the test items and descriptions I used were still present.
-Fixed some inaccurate tips

There is also a special Dark Themed build because some folks wanted something darker for their eyes but the program is the same.
I would really appreciate some feedback from non-english game owners to confirm language specific features work as intended!

Please let me know if you encounter any bug or have a suggestion!

Btw DJ_Unique has released a new version of ScriptEd including a command line tool, this will allow me to make the Followers Auto level Mod compatible with any language so stay tuned.

Download:
Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 Full

If you want to keep your previous work:
Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 Update Only

Thank you Major_Blackhart for pushing me to release it!

20/01/2020 : Big hotfix for ART not appearing in WorldEd, link is updated, you only need to replace the exe if you have already downloaded.
I dunno why I commented that line of code but sorry! Now your art will be displayed properly in both Arcanum and WorldEd after Applying or using the ModManager.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom