Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Modding Tool: Arcanum Factory 1.4.1 (01-2020)

TheFilthyJack

Educated
I have released a new version of Arcanum Factory (1.4b), this tool works with US game + patch 1074 + UAP with extra content (what I consider a clean game). Please install Arcanum in a non-protected windows folder, anything but Program Files...

It allows you to create new items (weapons/armors/potions/generics/schematics), modify anything, add blessings/curses, create new art, add them directly to the OC containers and shops or even create custom backgrounds. Your items will also properly appear in WorldEd.

Download: Arcanum Factory 1.4b
More Details: Release Thread at TA

Don't hesitate to post if you have anything to suggest or report.

Happy Modding!

:martini:

Last edited:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why do I suddenly have a desire to make an Arcanum mod?

TheFilthyJack

Educated
sea: maybe because it doesn't involve hex editing/patching and hacking anymore, just a few clicks on a simple GUI ;)

Jack: thanks :)

I'd be glad to see some new items mods, espacially since we can finally use our own art and modify anything, even game files.
Btw, this tool has been tested thoroughly, but you may encounter some bugs, don't hesitate to post and report please it will be greatly appreciated (and fixed)!

TheFilthyJack

Educated
curry: at your service, sir :salute:

I will probably update this tool within a week, to allow more new items, and add support for other languages (other than US).
If you want compatibility for your language then please send a mail: filthyjack@lotusrevenge.fr
I will ask you to send a few game files (really small text files) in your language so I can provide support for it, that would be cool.

The Factory will still work if you have patch 1074 and UAP in your language but it will replace some game descriptions with the english ones, you can restore your oginal game files anytime with one click anyways so there's no need to panic.

Lorica

Educated
Very cool. What inspired you to create the tool? Do you have any personal mods for Arcanum on the horizon?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Girlfriend sends you some love-love. Guess now it is a reason to kick her off the kitchen.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Lorica: Thank you very much, and to answer your question here are a few things that inspired me to code this editor:

Arcanum is awesome, my all-time favorite, and as such it deserved some programmer/modder love, but I was surprised to see how difficult it is to actually modify a single game file. After playing the game like 20 times, I wanted to have some fun, like using guns with a mage or have an infinite fireball ring usable by my techno dwarf :roll:

But programming is easy for me, so I had to make it more than just a cheat tool, and who knows people may end up producing some kind of community content pack.

I'm not really a modder but I'm already having fun creating new schematics and especially a whole hexed armor set for bad mages, and guess what, you can actually make schematics for magickal items usable by mages, blasphemy !.. I've always been fascinated by hexed items in this game. I may release a mod, as a kind of demo for the tool, when I'm done with updates and fixes.

zwanzig_zwoelf: lol, much love to both of you, have fun :)

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Major_Blackhart: Thanks, I'll try not to disappoint you, I have been working on a pretty nice mod the last few days, this will be a good opportunity to show what can be made with this tool, hope you'll like it!

Regvard: If you're asking wether I'm Drog Alt, the answer is no, although Arcanum Factory makes extensive use of all the different hacks Drog Black Tooth provided for the community.

Arcanum Factory future Update will fix:

-AC/MagAC statusbar tips (reported by Minsc18)
-Missing boomerang template (reported by Minsc18)
-200 more Schematics slots
-100 more armors and weapons slots
-Package Maker will be able to import any file type, not just the Factory files. (suggested by seraphian)
-Remove WorldEd 1069 requirement, since installing UAP makes worlded compatible anyways.

I'd like to release the Update and the mod at the same time, so it should take a week or so, no more :salute:

Regvard

Arcane
Regvard: If you're asking wether I'm Drog Alt, the answer is no, although Arcanum Factory makes extensive use of all the different hacks Drog Black Tooth provided for the community.

Hope you didn't think me rude/hostile. It's something of a kkodex cliche around here.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Hope you didn't think me rude/hostile. It's something of a kkodex cliche around here.

Not at all !
I don't really get why you're asking this, but anyways I don't mind criticism, even rude/hostile.

:butthurt:

Regvard

Arcane
Not at all !
I don't really get why you're asking this, but anyways I don't mind criticism, even rude/hostile.

Because : "Arcanum Factory makes extensive use of all the different hacks Drog Black Tooth provided for the community."

Good luck with your project.

oscar

Arcane
Always wished there was more comprehensive modding of Arcanum. While detailed and lengthy custom campaigns would be fantastic (I remember the default alternate model but it was pretty much a straight dungeon crawl) even a proper balancing of the broken combat (low and mid level firearms buffed, far fewer action points available and more tech-using foes comes to mind) would be great. Not whining though, modders have done a lot to polish Arcanum. People complaining it's rough around the edges now should have played the the game at release.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Regvard: Thanks, and to be precise, Drog should be credited for: Unofficial Arcanum Patch & Engine Hacks Document.

KickAss: Thank you, yes you can find some mods for Arcanum main campaign, here is a quick list (AFAIK):

-Rroyo's AWIP 6.0 (huge mod which adds new areas, schematics, includes ship cabin and a lot of other things)
-Random encounter's difficulty mods (Molochean Hand, Orc Bandits)
-The rpgcodex: Arcanum Repository Thread

You can find most of them in the download section at terra-arcanum.com, also some independant modules.

oscar: I couldn't agree more with you... It has never been easy to mod Arcanum, and this is the main reason I coded this. Now since I'm creating a new mod for the occasion, I would really appreciate any suggestion:

Low and Mid-level Firearms buffed (This is planned)
Far fewer action points (No idea how to do that, but I can investigate)
More tech-using foes (Also planned to modify the equipement/loots for various enemies)

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks nice!

Did some Arcanum modding myself years back.

Any chance to add a spell editor within?

TheFilthyJack

Educated

That request seems familiar, you must be the one who mentioned it when I released the weapon editor a few years ago, and I will work on it, I remember I promised back then. But custom spells won't be displayed on the interface, you will only be able to assign them to items/potions/scrolls, if it's fine with you then I'll do it.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Weapons are a special case, because assigning spells to weapons will enable a mini "spell interface" making them available via shortcuts. Other items will automatically cast the assigned spells on consume/use (you'll never see the actual spell icon and shortcut).

TheFilthyJack

Educated
I have created a basic revolver with 5 spells attached, made it magickal instead of tech and set to 'infinite mana'.
Here is what it looks like when you equip the revolver, it enables the spellcasting menu when you click on the blue button just below the shoes:

Example Screenshot

If you want the pistol to summon demons on each hit you'll have to create a script and assign it to the "OnHit" Field, even if the script is only one line, like 'cast spell: summon demon'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom