Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MMO influence SP May design / layout??

Abhay

Augur
EDIT: Sorry, its Map ( not May; typo ). I request mods to edit the thread title accordingly. Thanks!

I have been searching through the web a lot to really find out whether MMOs affect the map design of the single player map, right from the initial designing stage of the whole layout ( or many areas of the map ) being considered to make it flow nicely in both SP and MP without the player feeling like it has been designed with the multiplayer functionality in mind too?
I am ONLY talking about the *single player* openworlds with MMOs, especially, GTA V because for some reason I get this feeling while exploring the map in SP that the layout really seems to be designed with the multiplayer in mind as well.

Basically, if any one can really share their views about whether multiplayer could have played a major role during their initial plans to design and construct the layout, or the single player map was purely focus upon designing the way they did in their previous games, with mulyiplayer functionality being worked upon later on the given map???

The reason I suspect it could be the former is mainly due to how the city takes a small portion of the overall map with the rest being wide, open countryside areas with extra mountains. Further more, the story missions hardly utilize the map fully.

So, I want to know your thoughts on the subject, as well if possible, link to certain articles that provide more in depth explanation about any such games that considered designing the Single player open world maps with multiplayer in Mind from ground up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom