Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Mitch Gitelman and Mike McCain talk about BattleTech at Sarna.net

imweasel

3D is perfectly fine and preferable if they create good models and the backgrounds have a lot of detailed props.

Not sure if that is possible with fucking Unity though, because a lot of Unity games have performance problems. Even SR:HK. They should use Unreal 4 or The Cry Engine instead of Unity IMO.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Any idiot can use UE4, not exactly much they have to learn in order to use it. Even the Japs are jumping on board because of how easy and simple it is to use.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bullshit lmao. Specially if it's to the same scope as features are generally implemented in HBS games.

I wasn't aware there was a universal standard for "HBS games".

Here's the relevant portion from the interview:

Nic: Is it going to be based on any of the Shadowrun engine at all, or are you starting from scratch?

Mike: No, for the most part it’s from scratch. ‘Mech combat is such a different beast. Shadowrun is hide behind cover, ‘Mechs is not so much.

Mitch: I think the experience is more destroy cover. That’s one of the things I loved about MechCommander. You could just blow stuff up.

Mike: That was definitely something on the art direction side of things I want to make sure we’re able to make ‘Mechs look really big, and have that kind of weight and power about them. Expect lots of things to step on and explode.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What I think most people are *hoping* for is something along the lines of complex Jagged Alliance 2 type of tactical combat (that fits the BattleTech PnP system). The amount of money needed to pull that off is not anywhere near what HBS will be getting.

So we will probably be getting something in the vein of a lite tactical combat system, in the same vein of the current Shadowrun games. And to be honest, i'm OK with that. It would be *nice* if they suddenly got MEELIONS for this KS, but I don't see that happening.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So we will probably be getting something in the vein of a lite tactical combat system, in the same vein of the current Shadowrun games. And to be honest, i'm OK with that.

I dunno. None of the Shadowrun games had any challenge whatsoever. So, that makes them non-tactical, rather than tactical-lite.

I like Hong Kong well enough for the atmosphere and writing to forgive that and enjoy it as a passable RPG lite, but Battletech is a different thing altogether.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What I think most people are *hoping* for is something along the lines of complex Jagged Alliance 2 type of tactical combat (that fits the BattleTech PnP system). The amount of money needed to pull that off is not anywhere near what HBS will be getting.

So we will probably be getting something in the vein of a lite tactical combat system, in the same vein of the current Shadowrun games. And to be honest, i'm OK with that. It would be *nice* if they suddenly got MEELIONS for this KS, but I don't see that happening.
Shit I hope not.

I would be really dissapointed with a battletech game with combat and ai similar to the shadowrun games... bang head against the wall kind of dissapointment

Athelas

Arcane
Well, I assume the combat system willl be somewhat different from their Shadowrun games, if only because having giant mechs hide behind chest-high walls doesn't seem feasible.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Will never give these guys money again.

They should change their name to Kickstarter Inc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom