Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...2-E2740BD62E81/Q4_FY15_Slide_Presentation.pdf

143086180878.png

These old videos are all there is for now:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, great, they're just calling it Mirror's edge again. Trying to be the next Prince of Persia/Tomb Raider/NFS/whatever other chronologically confused series we have this week.

Also it's listed under Q4. :decline: of Infinitron.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also it's listed under Q4. :decline: of Infinitron.

Wrong! Corporations do things differently: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/07/when-is-mirrors-edge-2-coming-out/

In its latest financial results presentation [that’s a PDF, I understand people like to be warned. Hey, Those People, stop using Adobe’s PDF viewer – try Foxit], EA listed Mirror’s Edge 2 for fourth quarter of its 2016 fiscal year. That’s January 1st to March 31st, 2016, on the regular calendar.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh, great, they're just calling it Mirror's edge again. Trying to be the next Prince of Persia/Tomb Raider/NFS/whatever other chronologically confused series we have this week.

As I recall, they said it's a reboot so the previous one doesn't even matter as far as continuity goes.

ultimanecat

Arcane
I for one can't wait to find out what happens next to Faith and her sister, I've been in suspense now for years.

Either that, or I don't care at all. There was hardly any story worth caring about in the first one. And more than likely, DICE will just churn out a standard console FPS with some wallrunning thrown in and pretty graphics. If there really were a demand for First Person Platforming like in the first, they wouldn't have waited 8 years to release a sequel.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh. Was interesting for its time but now tons of games do parkour shit.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Trailer said:
"We are creating Faith for a new generation."
lol, really? According to the first game's dev chat videos, the character had already been designed to be as hip, multikult-friendly, and universally-appealing as possible. Apparently the eye and arm tattoos they designed her with 7 years ago are too subtle for today's audiences so they needed to be made more prominent.

The first game was nice, but too short. It would have been much better if it had included a proper multiplayer mode instead of just speedruns.

Adon

Arcane

As I recall, they said it's a reboot so the previous one doesn't even matter as far as continuity goes.

But why? Did anyone really give a shit about the story in the first Mirror's Edge? I kind of just ignored it after the snooze-fest of the opening.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

I don't care about continuity either, the "story" in Mirror's Edge is so weak it could just as well not be there. But I want to look at a series and know how many games there are. Marketing types, apart from their many other sins, are just playing to consoletards and making them feel like they are getting something new. I read somewhere that if they used honest names like NFS 15 or Call of Duty 15 instead of Modern Advanced Ghost Warfare Ops 2, the modern special snowflake kids would feel "excluded" or some bullshit and not buy the game.

Obviously with Mirror's Edge it's not that silly yet since there are only 2 games, bit it's still annoying. It's the second game. Call it Mirror's Edge 2 dammit. Even Borderlands The Pre-Sequel was a better name than that.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Be prepared to be amazed by awesum graphix and parkour moves in this 4-hour epic, only at 69,99$ !

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Be prepared to be amazed by awesum graphix and parkour moves in this 4-hour epic, only at 69,99$ !

Or $89.99 for the Season Pass Runner Pack, with 3 additional tattoos for your character and 3 minutes of developer commentary. Plus a $0.50 discount on the first 4 DLC packs!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The parkour shit is really wearing out its welcome. When a random zombie game has parkour as a main feature for no reason you know it's gone too far.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't care about continuity either, the "story" in Mirror's Edge is so weak it could just as well not be there. But I want to look at a series and know how many games there are. Marketing types, apart from their many other sins, are just playing to consoletards and making them feel like they are getting something new. I read somewhere that if they used honest names like NFS 15 or Call of Duty 15 instead of Modern Advanced Ghost Warfare Ops 2, the modern special snowflake kids would feel "excluded" or some bullshit and not buy the game.

Obviously with Mirror's Edge it's not that silly yet since there are only 2 games, bit it's still annoying. It's the second game. Call it Mirror's Edge 2 dammit. Even Borderlands The Pre-Sequel was a better name than that.

A 2 would suggest it continues from the first one, which it does not.

pippin

Hopefully DICE performed a Sarkeesiotomy before finishing the design docs

There was a rumor about her working with DICE in this game. The audiences' reaction to this rumor was largely negative though.
Anyway, this is a game about an asian woman fighting shady men, so it's bound to be ok for SJWs.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Now you can design your own runner with six gender sliders, a body slider that's labeled BEAUTIFUL AT ANY SIZE with no impact on athleticism. Bunch of hams gliding up walls like Ryu Hayabusa.

gg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh. Was interesting for its time but now tons of games do parkour shit.

Please provide the tiltes of them.
Any game that apes Far Cry 3. No shortage of those. Dying Light is a recent example. As I said: when the first game came out it was fairly unique. Today it's going to be like most FPS shooters without the guns. Well I think you could briefly use guns in the first but not to great effect. Anyway, I expect a 4-6 hour long overpriced physics hopper with DLC up the wazoo.

Last edited:

Alfons

Prophet
I can't wait to reach the twist where I find out that the chick has a dick and that the oppressive government wants to make her/him dress and behave like a dude.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Hopefully DICE performed a Sarkeesiotomy before finishing the design docs

There was a rumor about her working with DICE in this game. The audiences' reaction to this rumor was largely negative though.
Anyway, this is a game about an asian woman fighting shady men, so it's bound to be ok for SJWs.
IIRC Anita just did a speech at DICE where she suggested that they simplify the controls because the game was "hard for women to play"

Seeing how we're talking about EA here, simplifying is what they were going to do anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom