Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
https://mojang.com/announcing-minecraft-story-mode/

zOfxl2Z.png

I have no words.

Explorerbc

Arcane
The closest thing Minecraft had to a story is a bunch of manchilds sperging on youtube for 12 year olds to watch.

This will probably try to be a cash grab fanservice so I don't want to imagine the horrors that will come out of it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
repeatedly press W to push block into anus
*notch will remember that*

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I remember trying Sam and Max when it first came out. The writing and humor weren't too bad. Puzzles were only moderately difficult though and the episodic nature of the series made the game linear as hell. At the time, i thought to myself that this company had potential, if anything. As it turns out, i was wrong, ho so wrong.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Man, I remember when people were calling Telltale the savior of the adventure game genre.

This is just pure business. For the kids today, Minecraft is far more influential than Super Mario and other has-beens. You could slap Minecraft on just about everything and it'd sell. And MS knows that, next year they'll no doubt boost all the merch shit and all that other stuff up to 11.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Man, I remember when people were calling Telltale the savior of the adventure game genre.

I DO remember that. Because they WERE all we could get in playing a new Adventure Game.

Thankfully Kickstarter happened (and other studios) started making good Adventure Games again.

Now We can thankfully ignore all this garbage interactive movie crap they make (as they laugh all the way to the Bank).

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I really enjoyed 'Walking Dead' and 'A Wolf Among Us', gonna buy 'Game Of Thrones' too, sooner or later. So I'm a fan of telltale is what I'm saying. But this 'MineCraft thing'... :S Is just too weird for me.:S I don't get it. The Walking Dead, Fables, ASoIaF and even Borderlands at least have interesting universes, interesting settings worth exploring. MineCraft doesn't have that.:/

RPGMaster

Savant
Telltale are now the video game equivalent of Dark Horse comics, licensing any shit they can get out their hands on for tie-in games.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I really enjoyed 'Walking Dead' and 'A Wolf Among Us', gonna buy 'Game Of Thrones' too, sooner or later. So I'm a fan of telltale is what I'm saying. But this 'MineCraft thing'... :S Is just too weird for me.:S I don't get it. The Walking Dead, Fables, ASoIaF and even Borderlands at least have interesting universes, interesting settings worth exploring. MineCraft doesn't have that.:/
please tell me what's interesting about the borderlands universe?

Eyeball

Arcane
There is no way this isn't a joke. I refuse to believe that even Telltale would sink to such levels of whoredom as this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom