Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

minecraft.net

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
All right, some of you fagnuts here HAVE to be playing this. I know someone here was but can't remember who.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
If you get stuck in lava, how do you get out without using the savepoint?

Luzur

Good Sir
DarkUnderlord said:
If you get stuck in lava, how do you get out without using the savepoint?

no idea really, never encountered lava in the free version.

is it deep down in the ground?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So what is minecraft? I read a lot mentions of it but never really tried checking what is this. Is it good for what it is?
And don't direct me to some wiki, I want Codexxx opinions.

sirfink

Scholar
What the hell is this supposed to be? The name makes it sound like some kind of Starcraft clone, but it's more like 3D Super Mario Bros.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I'm interested about the survival mode that's being developed, with the option to build your weapons, hunt your food, mine your own cave-fortress... but the free version that's playable right now is banal and boring.

roll-a-die

Magister
Pay/indev version is much better. He's developing Infinite Maps for it as well. 13$ and you get around twice the content. Crafting, farming, weapons, armor, monsters that drop loot.

It's actually a very good game and he's constantly making it better. Surprised the hell outta me. I usually don't even bother with things like this but it hit my impulse buy button and I'm not disappointed yet.

Only thing is the user base loathes skills and RPG aspects which could turn the relatively pointless if fun game into something with a tangible sense of advancement. Also he's already said on his blog that this is likely going to turn into an "as long as it sells" project from the tiny little 6-12 month thing he was planning on.

MapMan

Arcane
Hmmm. I watched some youtube vids and theres a huge drama related to griefing going on in this game.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Wait, so how do you get the indev version once you've paid?

Nevermind, just found the link to it.

roll-a-die

Magister
Mine and build ever larger more elaborate houses. For instance I have an underwater cave which opens up into my mine. I also have a tower. It's not a game that embraces why but a game that embraces why-not. Why not tunnel down till you hit the earths crust to kill yourself. Why not mine up shit loads of gold and build yourself a massive gold dong.

roll-a-die

Magister
Not really because you can actually do thing like dig traps for monsters or go out and kill all zombies. Or farm wheat for a couple days to make bread. It's more like harvest moon with combat.

Notch also plans to implement megalithic mobs once infinite lands gets set up.

If you want another decent comparison it's like first person dwarf fortress. You set out with little to no supplies and must survive and indeed thrive using the resources you find around the area.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well I always considered dwarf fortress to simply be advanced version of simcity or sims:something. But it doesn't mean I am in any way against such entertaintment.
FPP survival game looks good. I'll watch how it develops.

Luzur

Good Sir
i always start digging at the start in the free game, otherwise im swarmed by zombies or those dong enemies that explode when they die.

goddammit.

roll-a-die

Magister
Luzur in the pay version mobs only spawn in dark areas or at night. You can also kill them before they explode in indev.

Luzur

Good Sir
no wonder.

also, ability to fly in build mode would also be VERY helpful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom