Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mindx2's collection is up for sale!!

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Arent collectors of various shit always rich? I thought you were rich...

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2

Jagged Alliance 2? For 30 bucks, is that with the original box, manual?
100% original release and complete.

#13d Jagged Alliance 2 (contents).jpg #13a Jagged Alliance 2 (front).jpg #13b Jagged Alliance 2 (front flap).jpg #13c Jagged Alliance 2 (back).jpg

Last edited:

Wizfall

Cipher
i'm not and never was in the box thing (i used to throw them away hehe) but this jagged alliance 2 box, woo...quite a shock !

mindx2

Patron
All but one Gold Box game is now gone! Still some of the clue books left. I will probably put up the remaining SSI games next week since they seem to sell quickly and at my asking price. The list keeps getting shorter and shorter each week. :salute:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got my System Shock 2 yesterday and it is perfect, now it sits besides my unopened box of Darklands, Wizardry 7 Dark Souls, Call of Pripyat and Daggerfall as my favorite PC games

Alchemist

Arcane
Posted a bunch of SSI games up on ebay tonight as well as a few gems I was inspired by felipepepe to hunt down based on his "Click-bait" articles.

BtjEiHE.jpg

Ah.. the golden age of massive game manuals. This series always looked kind of fascinating.

And I totally want those SSI titles if only for the glorious box art.

Sadly, I can't afford any of this right now. But that Paypal credit..... hmm.

mindx2

Patron
Finally sold off all of the Wizardry series! Was surprised it lasted as long as it did. I've taking a bit of a break this week and haven't posted anything new just re-posted items that haven't sold yet. Next week will most likely be Popamole Week where I'll be posting the Fallout 3, 4 & NV, Skyrim, Mass Effect Collector Edition games, preorders and strategy guides. :P

mindx2

Patron
Depends. I have sold my gaming collection twice before and then come back years later with the collection being even better than the last. However, this time I've let go of some very rare items I'm not sure I can find again... especially at a price point I'd be willing to pay. I will always collect something as that's just part of my nature. I've collected Star Wars books, Star Trek books, models, PnP modules (MERP & FR), Mithril Miniatures, etc. over the many years along with my gaming collection. Once my daughter is through college I am sure I will start looking to expand whatever collection I set my mind to.

As my wife has told me many times, I enjoy the "hunt" just as much as the "having".

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You should start gathering your new collection soon, because you'll need it for your daughter's dowry :D

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mindx2

Do you mostly scavenge the net to collect? Ebay, amazon? Got any tips on finding big boxes fairly cheap? Any traps to avoid?

mindx2

Patron
mindx2

Do you mostly scavenge the net to collect? Ebay, amazon? Got any tips on finding big boxes fairly cheap? Any traps to avoid?
A combination of all those things you listed plus contacting people directly that I've met through various websites over the years. Ebay, though many times way over priced, has always been my main source. If you look long enough you'll find good deals with sellers putting up items they have no clue what their actual value is. This is how I originally bought the Icewind Dale II Collector's Edition for $9.99 (and just sold it a few weeks ago for $400). Another good reason to use ebay is you can see actual photos of the item being bought. That is the main drawback to going on Amazon or other similar "storefront" type sites as they usually only have stock photos of the items. I rarely buy anything without a picture to ensure that the condition is what's stated and it has all the parts/ components that originally came with it unless there is a very thorough description. I also make sure to always contact the seller directly to make sure any game is sent in a sturdy cardboard box. That is such a huge problem with so many sellers shipping these classics in flimsy mailers causing them to arrive crushed and essentially worthless to a collector. Overall, it's really just a patience game where it takes time to stumble and find the really good deals out there. Of course there have been many occasions where I have overpaid for an item just because I had to have it!!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks for info. Got interested in starting up my own collection. Only have 3 old school boxed games left from the old glory days. The rest got thrown away by mistake in a move (R.I.P X-com Terror from the deep floppy version) a couple of years ago :oops:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Harsh, man.
I would've sold the daughter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom