Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mindx2's collection is up for sale!!

Divinity: Original Sin
Sad thing. This must be hard for you. Since it's all about your daughter it's not even a matter of choice, and you're actually lucky to have such a collection that can generate an income that will help in your daughter's education. I wish you good luck sir...:salute:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sad thing. This must be hard for you. Since it's all about your daughter it's not even a matter of choice, and you're actually lucky to have such a collection that can generate an income that will help in your daughter's education. I wish you good luck sir...:salute:
I was talking about this with my wife tonight. She is thankful I have a hobby that isn't just a black hole sucking up our money but that I can actually recoup much, if not all, of the money I spent. Not so with many other hobbies.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

SniperHF

Arcane
Just sell a kidney instead :positive:

I even have the ULTRA RARE Collector's Edition of Icewind Dale II in beautiful complete condition... :smug:

Speaking of IWD, I've got a IWD 1 disc/manual/map but not the actual box itself. Did you ever piece together a boxed copy from parts and how often do those come around? IE the box but not the disc/manual/accessories.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Boxed IWD1 is always on ebay and even cheap. With cloth map too.
Yep, it's IW II Collector's that seems to never be offered. I've only seen 3 in the last four or so years pop up. One was a brand new one being sold by one of the developers I believe, one that is listed now but it doesn't have the disks or dice and then the one I picked up from someone who had no idea what this game's value was and I bought it for under $20. It's a beautiful copy that I'm hoping will bring in a big chunk of change. :D

mindx2

Patron
Just to let you all know I just received a message from Sir TimCain stating he was OK with me putting up for sale the ultra rare signed Arcunum map, Arcunum newspaper and the Temple of Elemental Evil poster. I believe letting these go will be the hardest thing in this whole process as he was extremely kind and generous in getting these to me to archive. I am very appreciative of getting his blessing to go forward with these three items. As of yet I have no idea what to price them at...?!!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Add me please.
Can't seem to add people to the conversation anymore... Infinitron, who do I call for help on something like that? Taluntain perhaps?

You might have to ask an admin to start a new conversation for you, if there isn't one in there already. An admin can invite as many people as he wants.

DarkUnderlord needs to check this, I'm on my way out for the better part of the day.
Invite an admin to the conversation. Admin can then invite anyone else as requested.

Shit I would rather see a codex fund raiser to save the collection than watch you piece it off.
I am willing to consider this idea. There's nothing more I'd like than to be able to ritually burn the boxes in a series of YouTube videos enjoy these old gems myself.

mindx2

Patron
Add me please.
Can't seem to add people to the conversation anymore... Infinitron, who do I call for help on something like that? Taluntain perhaps?

You might have to ask an admin to start a new conversation for you, if there isn't one in there already. An admin can invite as many people as he wants.

DarkUnderlord needs to check this, I'm on my way out for the better part of the day.
Invite an admin to the conversation. Admin can then invite anyone else as requested.
Already at my limit so I can't even invite an admin.

Shit I would rather see a codex fund raiser to save the collection than watch you piece it off.
I am willing to consider this idea.

NOW YOU TELL ME?!!!! grumpy old man.jpg

A user named cat

Selling off old games on ebay is like parting with pieces of your soul, but sometimes the money is needed and they're always worth a good profit. The only big box PC game I have left is the Sims 1 because it's not worth anything :|

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just to let you all know I just received a message from Sir TimCain stating he was OK with me putting up for sale the ultra rare signed Arcunum map, Arcunum newspaper and the Temple of Elemental Evil poster. I believe letting these go will be the hardest thing in this whole process as he was extremely kind and generous in getting these to me to archive. I am very appreciative of getting his blessing to go forward with these three items. As of yet I have no idea what to price them at...?!!
:(

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I am willing to consider this idea. There's nothing more I'd like than to be able to ritually burn the boxes in a series of YouTube videos enjoy these old gems myself.

Nice. Would be cool to have a Codex collection. :obviously:
I would sponsor that.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!

Very interested in the map and the newspaper :salute: will you add them to the pricelist here or put them up directly on ebay?

mindx2

Patron

Very interested in the map and the newspaper :salute: will you add them to the pricelist here or put them up directly on ebay?

Codex will get first dibs on these, of course... :obviously:

mindx2

Patron
Since I can't officially add anymore members to the Price List conversation (barring DarkUnderlord making me an Admin) I am going to post the list here for all to see. Many of these have pictures in the RPG Codex Top 74 Boxed Edition thread and I can take pictures of any others you need to see. The prices are listed, and since this is for raising my daughter's tuition money, I won't come down too far from them. However, I have already negotiated prices with several esteemed Codex members so shoot me a PM if anything here strikes your fancy. Those crossed out have already sold. I'll put the list on the first post in this thread and keep it updated as things sell.

Edit: It's now in the the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
The entire Krondor set is now gone as well as the games in the Baldur's gate series, Neverwinter Collector's edition, the Thief (Trapezoid) boxes, Bloodlines, Deus Ex and Icewind Dale and it's expansion.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Add me to that list as well. Haven't seen any interest in The Summoning, but I love that damn game. Keep me posted on the sales!

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Add me to that list as well. Haven't seen any interest in The Summoning, but I love that damn game. Keep me posted on the sales!

The "list" is now on the 1st post in this thread so keep checking and let me know if you want something still available.
Ok, I also followed you on Ebay, so this should be easy. Can I just buy The Summoning and it's clue book from you? It's for a good cause, I suppose.

Unless your daughter is doing something like womens studies, talk her out of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom