Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Miltiades

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
This person just rocks. Best memorable, funnies (i was laughing at his EVERY line of dialogue).

Does he has 10 cha and 10 in streetwise and persuasion?

Will we get more content with him? In updates to AoD or in new game (character like him).

He has only 4 quests (2 in teron, 1 in maadoran and 1 in ganezzar) - did i miss some content with him?

hivemind

Yeah there is more to be had if you'll just follow me down this alley

Emily

Arcane
Lol that guy is one slimeball.

I didnt want to kill that noble in maadoran,that was too much even for him.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
He is actually the intro to the Dungeon Crawler game.

"If you just follow me to this dungeon." are the first words (SPOKEN!) you will hear.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/28/the-lighthouse-customer-the-age-of-decadence/

“Imagine walking out of a store and discovering that not only have you been pickpocketed while shopping, but the expensive item you bought is actually a worthless trinket. When you complain to a city guard, he suspects you’re the real thief, and when a friendly citizen offers to help, you soon find yourself in an alley surrounded by armed thugs. You’ve been ripped off, robbed, accused, mislead, and stabbed to death, all in a single afternoon. Welcome to The Age of Decadence!”

:troll:

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I enjoyed his questline, mostly because in RPGs I always build characters that are Militiades.
It is sad there are not many dialogue lines to congratulate him on professionalism,tip fedora and become fanboy.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
He deserves more than 3 quests. Guy is real pro. Can we ask to put him in new game, he can be party member.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He is awesome, and I absolutely want to stab him in the face. It's an intense love hate relationship.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What you think if we start campaign - more of Miltiades? Never saw NPC like him. He deserves more~!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Feng is also version of him. But less cool.

Feng seems to be another human being. Miltiades is a bizarre, one-dimensional lizard man. I love Miltiades as a video game character, but I could never imagine him existing that way in reality. Maybe this is because there's no opportunity to have a personal connection or conversation with Miltiades (I have not completed his final quest, btw, so maybe in Ganezzar you get that opportunity).

There are some hints that Miltiades is a human, rather than some sort of malicious android. When he has you kill the people in Maadoran, they have some sort of conversation, so they clearly know each other and Miltiades has a story of some sort. It's just not clear enough to consider him a human being; Feng, at least, will tell you a lot about himself and his goals if you have high charisma.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
When you play as talker u dont differ much from miltiades. In fact your hero will be villain in heroic fantasy.

Lemming42

Arcane
CUT HIS LYING THROAT
How is his questline supposed to end? I did it a couple times but both times, after getting the zealots to attack, he whines that I started a war and then goes to the tavern to trick a bunch of losers and that's the last I ever see of him.

Mozg

Arcane
This person just rocks. Best memorable, funnies (i was laughing at his EVERY line of dialogue).

Does he has 10 cha and 10 in streetwise and persuasion?
It feels more like he has the ability to save and load his game. His plans are 95% insane audacity and 5% cleverness.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Yup, he's one of the best game characters ever created. It's strange that it took so much time for some people to realize that, I've been saying this for over 3 years :P. It's one of the reasons I bought the game as early as I did.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nce-november-update.78398/page-2#post-2393773 (Dec, 2012)
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/aod-june-update.84381/#post-2786671 (Jul, 2013)
(...)
I particularly liked the Militiades quest (even though it was predictable), it was definitely the best one of the ones I've encountered. The dialogues were hilarious in a good way and the fights were interesting (...)
Same here, I loved playing AoD so much that I've pre-ordered it and I haven't done it with neither Wasteland 2 or Torment (Project Eternity isn't my cup of tea at all). IMO Iron Tower developers deserved money the most since they have actually shown the most and it's a game exactly as advertised.To your cool moments I would add:
  • Militiades - encounters with him were hilarious and I loved his sleazy persona and audacity. In fact he was so realistically portrayed that I'm starting to think he was based on some real character ;P. I think he's my favourite and I don't remember anyone like him in any cRPG I've played.
  • Discovering that the preacher at the well has his purpose and isn't added only to add some reading lines.
  • Sneaking through Antidas palace
  • Selling bullshit to a lady with expensive necklace
And many more (these are just side quests and I don't want to spoil the really juicy part).

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You guys should make a thread with voting for the top ten NPCs of all time. Miltiades, Neleos and Myron would definitely be in my list.

Vault Dweller, are you going to write more NPCs inspired in rotten people you know in real life?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller, are you going to write more NPCs inspired in rotten colorful people you know in real life?
Fixed.

Absolutely. I've met the mayor of certain small town once who wanted to promote his efforts to serve his constituents get re-elected and left a very lasting impression as a true 'democrat'. He'd be perfect as the leader of the "power to the people" faction.

Still working on Miltiades though. Found a great way to work him into the endgame events, which is what I've always wanted but couldn't make it work before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom