Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Mighty No. 9 - It's better than nothing.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Anyone got a link to some gameplay footage? I Googled it but everyone seems to have uploaded videos of MegaMan 64 by mistake.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks like garbage, too zoomed out, to much noise, too much movement in the background, gigantic HUD, shitty explosions, obnoxious dialogue that isn't even as campy as in X, massive percentage pop-ups, lackluster sound effects, boring enemy placement, shitty fire effects... I could go on but I stopped watching.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't forget about the jaggy animations and unnecessary dashing through every enemy bull shit.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think that's a matter of taste, but if it's too zoomed out you have too much time to plan ahead and the game becomes a lot easier / boring. I mean, this is supposed to be a successor to MegaMan X, right? In the X games the sprites were all rather big. I really think the zoom is a result of a lack of graphical detail, to cover up the mediocre models.

Wow, that game looks like shit. And here I thought the anime cutscene crap in that one Megaman game was the worst thing that could ever happen... boy was I wrong.

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm: So, is this the game that was supposed to be a successor of Megaman X? And that needed so much money to be done?
Well, perhaps the rest of the game will be better, but the first impression is quite bad indeed.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No clue, the stature resembles Mega Man, but the dashing resembles X. And yet it doesn't look as good as either.

Man, I already backed a good enough spiritual sequel to classic platformers. It's called Shovel Knight.

Caim

Arcane
If you want Mega Man games, just get this when it gets out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/363440/

Quick rundown of the games themselves:

Mega Man 1 is obviously the first game in the series, it does some strange things that are not repeated in later games and can be difficult here and there.
Mega Man 2 is a solid entry in the series with some of the most beloved Robot Masters, fun stages and a nice Wily Castle to go through, but there were still growing pains and bullshit that would render you unable to defeat certain bosses if you messed up. Great music too.
Mega Man 3 has nice Robot Masters though it kinda messes with the order you fight them in. The Wily Castle is pretty good, but it grinds to a halt when you face the Doc Robots.
Mega Man 4 is where the series found its stride. Robot Masters and stages are fun, the first game to do a double castle stage and had some awesome tunes in there.
Mega Man 5 has solid stages and the Robot Master fights were pretty cool, but they were lacking a bit in character. The castle stages were not all that amazing, and the plot was not all that great.
Mega Man 6 introduces the Rush adaptors to make Mega Man even more awesome and the bosses were pretty nice, though for some reason four of them have body doubles that you have to track down if you want the bonus item for that stage. Same plot problems as 5.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
What's more, Inafune and Inti Creates another Mega Man(Zero)-like game Azure Striker Gunvolt is coming to Steam on August 28.

lightbane

Arcane
It is quite amusing that this Azure Striker game looks way better as a successor to Megaman than Mighty Number 9 itself.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dont even like Mega Man games that much and i backed this, with all the drama I am begining to think I was a sucker for giving then my moneyz.... But then again I backed Grimoire too so that says something

Ash_Firelord

Educated
It is quite amusing that this Azure Striker game looks way better as a successor to Megaman than Mighty Number 9 itself.

Always thought that myself.

BTW, anyone notice that the Red Ash Anime guys, despite having reached the goal, are already saying they need moar moneys? Must be a record.

lightbane

Arcane
Well, if people still had doubts, that mess should tell them how much Inafune cares about his fans. Absolute :decline:.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Well, if people still had doubts, that mess should tell them how much Inafune cares about his fans. Absolute :decline:.
It isn't a Inafune's game, though. Inti Creates just asked him to promote their game.

And looks like they released a patch to improve the performance.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Can't be worse than the 3DS original. At least you can use a proper screen and gamepad.

I heard that you have to use F1~F4 for skills EVEN IF you are using gamepad. :M

I'll not be surprised if no one at IntiCreates ever have played games on PC beside MMOs and hentais.

lightbane

Arcane
... What the the hell? Why? :negative::negative:
Oh God, that was SO BAD. :baka::x:x

Even the soundtrack is complete shit compared with the previous MM and the MMXs games. Some examples:

I hope this game crashes and burns, taking what's left of Inahack's little credibility with zir it.

Tehdagah

Arcane
33.jpg

Chamezero

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150915
"Finally, we know that all of our fans are looking forward to the Special Demo Version we are preparing, and we just ask that you be a little more patient. The team is working on it, but some issues popped up regarding the distribution method so there is a good chance it will not be ready to launch by the 15th. We are really sorry for the inconvenience."
Demo delayed :happytrollboy:

Caim

Arcane
Oh how I hope that once a final release date is picked Capcom goes "Oh, we're releasing a new Mega Man game one day before that. A real one, not some spinoff or phone-only bullshit. Have fun!"

The butthurt would be visible from space.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom