Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Might & Magic X preview at Strategy Informer + Screenshots

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
  • No blasters / sci-fi elements.
so it isn't an m&m game at all...? i guess it could still be somewhat okish.

Snikt

Novice
Wow, he steamrolled everything without barely losing any hp

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah. I will more than likely buy this over Grimrock 2.

Just still waiting for more exact specifics on this from the Official Site.

EDIT: bleh never mind, same footage as above.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I'm wondering why they changed the attributes. There's 6 now instead of 7, and what is "Destiny" or "Spirit" even supposed to mean?

Gozma

Arcane
I wish games like this would keep count of how many times it has displayed a given animation and just play them at 10x normal speed after 3-4 times. M&M3-5 with the minimal animations can be played at Roguelike speed-of-thought in DOSBox now

Stabwound

Arcane
:yeah:

This looks like it should be pretty good. It looks a lot like Might & Magic 3-5 crossed with Legend of Grimrock, except with turn-based combat, which was expected. I'd actually believe this was Grimrock 2 if it didn't say "Might & Magic X" in the corner. I mean, it looks so similar in motion that I'd almost think they borrowed the engine.

Grimrock 2 was revealed to have outdoor sections today, so this should be interesting. I think MMX will be the better game.

catfood

AGAIN
I wish games like this would keep count of how many times it has displayed a given animation and just play them at 10x normal speed after 3-4 times
Yeah, it's going to get old really fast. Hopefully they thought of adding an animation speeding slider.

Gozma

Arcane
But I kinda like seeing them normal speed once or twice; it's as aesthetic as a static skybox or something is. It's just that a skybox doesn't take a couple of seconds to load ten thousand times per game

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I'd actually believe this was Grimrock 2 if it didn't say "Might & Magic X" in the corner.

Nah, the dungeon would've to be empty, grey and bland to mistake it for a Grimrock game:troll:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm sold on this. It looks good enough to me to provide some cheap entertainment. If it weren't for TB, though, i'd likely skip it.

A user named cat

Wow, it actually looks a million times better than Grimrock already simply for not being danceamole.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I wish UBISoft could possibly spend $5 for a marketing budget on this and release some specific class/stats/skill info on the Official Site. :roll:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
If this was the huge Skyrim clone we were speculating they'd have gone full retard with the marketing. Doritos & Mt. Dew everywhere, it'd be Fallout 3 all over again.

Dorateen

Arcane
Looks interesting. Can't wait to play it on a stable desktop. Was getting a little sea-sick from that hand-held camera recording the screen.

Oh, and the picture of the developers making the X with their arms, from the previous page... they should do the Degeneration X chop.

"Suck it!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom