Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I complained about how dull and worthless Talion is before it was cool.
edgy.png

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Christ, if Eurogamer didn't give it a 'Recommended' award it must really be shit.

I struggle to believe it could be worse than the first one, which simultaneously managed to be both packed with stuff to do and yet so terribly boring and dull.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Won't be touching this shit.I still remember the hour long battles from the first one.idiotically small map and spawning mechanics was just summoning enemy commanders.I killed like 10-15 commanders in a single battle before some random idiot killed me.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is such cancer. Watched that video when they opened boxes. They got some shitty random loot. Man, think if Larian put their shitty loot behind a paywall, loot that you get rid off 1 level later.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I can't believe there are actually "people" that are fine with this shit. It's bad enough in multiplayer games and here we have them in a singleplayer game..

It's the next evolutionary step - first, 'people' liked a non-game that basically played itself, now in addition to that they get to pay extra after forking out 60$ to get the true ending! Magic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah it is part of the circle,next step is people getting bored and stop buying games,after that industry crash.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I actually want more scummy practices.Let the idiots buy a game and then have to pay to actually play it.
Actually seeing those stupid enough who bought and defended horse armor only now to realize that loot boxes and paying to play games is the future will be glorious.
:positive:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I actually want more scummy practices.Let the idiots buy a game and then have to pay to actually play it.
Actually seeing those stupid enough who bought and defended horse armor only now to realize that loot boxes and paying to play games is the future will be glorious.
:positive:
There are people that actually bought it!?!?!?!?!:killitwithfire:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
At least Denuvo got buttfucked in a couple of hours lately and we don't have to wait months to try these abominations.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Fucking hell,the game is almost 100GB,almost makes me ponder pirating as well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Even monopoly plus got cracked.Denuvo is fucked from the looks of things.Not the most funny way to go.I would have preferred to see them sued in to the ground for piracy.

Black

Arcane
About the Nemesis system, how is it different from what Soldak guys have been doing for years?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About the Nemesis system, how is it different from what Soldak guys have been doing for years?
I played a little bit of Din's Curse and while it was procedurally generated, it didn't feel dynamic. It was just "Welcome to [town name], please go on the [fetch] quest to [get the emerald], you'll find the weapon shop to the [west]." Maybe I didn't see the cream of the systems ... I stopped playing very quickly because it all seemed so static.

With Nemesis the orcs are recurring, each individual has several random traits that combine in interesting ways, they can come after you while you're in the middle of something else, you can go after a given orc and find him mixed up in a variety of activities that change over time, and there is at least a reasonably constructed illusion that they have lives of their own, level up by themselves, and interact with each other; e.g. they can kill each other or get military promotions when you're not around. This is all just from the first game.

IHaveHugeNick, Zombra hates Talion citations 1 2 3 4 5

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Two random thoughts:

1) Talby, did you notice that they actually changed the "offensive stereotype" market goblin in the video?

2) Fucking Talion. You know what my fantasy is, that with all the Barbie dressup armor you can get that there is a full helmet somewhere, and when you wear it Troy Baker's voice is distorted like Darth Vader and almost impossible to understand. A man can dream.

deama

Prophet
Anyone know how much GBs it is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom