Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sauronus Ultimatum, traveling on a mobile Barad-dur built upon the backs of thousand Oliphants making his way into Gondor for the proper face-off.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
When the fuck are we going to get LOTR games that are not designed with the movie as a basis ? Never again ?
I know at least with the terrible Lord of the Rings: The Third Age JRPG from the PS2 era (which, hilariously, ended with the party beating the shit out of and killing the Eye of Sauron for absolutely no reason at all), they only had the license to the movies, not the books - meaning they weren't allowed to use anything from the books that wasn't in the movies. Not sure if that's still the case.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Yeah, making killing Melkor a possibility could fit this game.
I mean, what's cooler than killing the most powerful of the Ainur? Top *that* Sheppard!
Considering the timeline (player character has Isildur's broken sword) I don't think so.

Azazel

Arbiter
Has anyone written to the Tolkien Estate highlighting in detail the multiple ways this violates their licensing deal yet? I've been...otherwise occupied for the past few months.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Sure that would explain the flashy magic bits. Now, why would WK himself go onto such menial tasks far below his stature and expose his existance to all the people, assuming this is before Frodo&ring?

If it's during and after Rivendell, he then would be far too busy to float back to Mordor without form or gather his armies for final strike against Gondor.
Because writing "you're the fucking Witch King" sounds funnier than writing "you're just one of the nazguls." Way to take things too literally, autist.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Hm, just realized the dev has an interesting track record. Blood, Shogo, No One Lives Forever, AvP2, Tron 2.0, F.E.A.R., Condemned... Didn't even know they were all developed by the same company.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hm, just realized the dev has an interesting track record. Blood, Shogo, No One Lives Forever, AvP2, Tron 2.0, F.E.A.R., Condemned... Didn't even know they were all developed by the same company.

None of the people who developed all these games are anymore at Monolith.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

None of the people who developed all these games are anymore at Monolith.
:(

Please refer to my Betrayer thread. Thank you.
Well at least I can play Betrayer instead. :bro:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
When I was thirteen or so, and reading shitty fanfictions, I had no idea I was already witnessing the future of gaming.

Deleted member 7219

"So you know those awesome Lord of the Rings movies? Where that guy becomes King? Well, imagine if instead of becoming King, he had a DEMON inside of him! Wouldn't that be cool? And instead of just fighting with his sword, he could jump around like in Assassin's Creed and turn into a ghost demon too!"

That was the pitch. It had to be.

Severian Silk

You guys are too cynical. I can't think of any RPG in the past 10 years that turned out badly based on pre-release info.

:troll:

This actually manages to look worse every time I see a new video of it. Why is this on Middle Earth again? How the fuck did they get the license?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom