Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Microsoft shutting down GFWL - removed from Batman:AA/AC, Bioshock 2, Dawn of War 2 and Dark Souls

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They don't give a shit -- want people to buy Derp Souls 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record coming to Steamworks

f5fe5c805eb43c3132c312114c4d5293.jpg

If you're a fan of smashing zombies (and/or zombie-like Majini) on your PC, then we've got some good news for ya - RE5, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are all coming to Steamworks early next year. With the global popularity of the Steamworks platform, we’ve seen high demand from fans to bring these highly requested titles to this platform. Moving to Steamworks will allow more fans across the world to enjoy these games.

Current owners of these PC titles will be transitioned over to the Steamworks versions early next year. Once we have specific dates ironed out, we'll have more information about all three titles and their respective launch days so stay tuned.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dark Souls just got Steam achievements. Itz coming!!
Time for a replay?

They are currently disabled.
My copy of dark souls is actually free of the steam taint anyway. Although I do wonder what will happen to it when microsoft stops pretending and just shuts down gfwl for good.

I don't know if they'll ever actually shut GFWL down, but it's possible that Namco-Bandai will give you a Steam key for your retail version.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Dark Souls just got Steam achievements. Itz coming!!

Great, right after i just put in an 100 hours into it. I need muh e-penis enhancement goddamn it.

Actually, looking at them now, there's not much enhancement to be had. :hmmm:

Inb4 FROM patches the shit out of DaS1 to include soul memory so that I can MMO grind my way to 838 710 and become the havel monster I always wanted to be.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So, was Dark Souls 2 playable with kb + mouse? Damn it would be wonderful if they patched DS1 to use a better control scheme too.

After some (mouse-sensitivity) tweaks - yes.
I played Die by the Sword & DungSiege3 + one that was supposed to be unplayable but forgot name now - on kb+m so watch out for my words.

Last edited:
My first DaS1 play-through on PC was with KB/M. I was pretty good with it too... Then PS3 came along with DaS2 and I got used to shitty controllers...

Multi-headed Cow

So, was Dark Souls 2 playable with kb + mouse? Damn it would be wonderful if they patched DS1 to use a better control scheme too.

After some tweaks - yes.
I played Die by the Sword & DungSiege3 + one that was supposed to be unplayable but forgot name now - on kb+m so watch out for my words.
DBTS with mouse instead of double keyboard? You're a madman!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
From Dark Souls' Facebook:

Attention Dark Souls fans!

We're pleased to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

-Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage: http://bit.ly/1t6kfvm)

-In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.

-Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.

-Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Multi-headed Cow

If they handle it like they handled Super Street Fighter 4 you'll wanna copy-paste your Dark Souls key somewhere from Steam, since once they flip the switch to go full Steam the key will vanish though it can be activated as a new Dark Souls copy.

Dexter

Arcane

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My copy of dark souls is actually free of the steam taint anyway. Although I do wonder what will happen to it when microsoft stops pretending and just shuts down gfwl for good.

I don't know if they'll ever actually shut GFWL down, but it's possible that Namco-Bandai will give you a Steam key for your retail version.
As Dexter already mentioned, you can register retail copies of Dark Souls on Steam already. I have done this some time ago. Still waiting to GFWL to be removed before I play, because I do not want to lose my progress.

Here is a list of all retail games that can be steam-activated, by the way.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Here's a question -- if you uninstall GFWL does it actually fully uninstall or are there creepy remnants that will lurk in the dark recesses of your HD/registry/whatever?

toroid

Arcane
From Dark Souls' Facebook:

Attention Dark Souls fans!

We're pleased to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

-Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage: http://bit.ly/1t6kfvm)

-In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.

-Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.

-Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Nowhere does it actually state that the GFWL client will no longer be required to play Dark Souls. Just sayin'. Either GFWL client will still be required or they didn't word that carefully enough.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Or they just felt 'migration' covered it. Who knows, guess we'll see.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...om-games-for-windows-live-to-steam-next-month

UPDATE 26th NOVEMBER:: The migration from Games for Windows Live to Steam has been delayed slightly to December, announced Bandai Namco in the Steam forum.

"We are working hard to finalize the process to move your Dark Souls: Prepare to Die saves and achievements to Steam. We need to conduct additional testing and we are now targeting December to begin this process. We'll have more information in the coming weeks. Thank you very much for your patience!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think everyone already figured out it is not actually happenning in November.
Hopefully they can resolve this before Christmas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom