Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft and Sony make Ubisoft lock their PC releases at 30 FPS

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Game Architect said that they aim for 60 fps but due to “limitations”, they have to settle for 30 fps in recent games. He then implied that console makers are pressuring them into doing the same thing on PC.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/report-microsoft-sony-pressuring-ubisoft-for-30fps-on-pc/

The power of nextgen konsoles, pushing video games technology to the top and beyond.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
RBIkQq3.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

And nothing of value was lost.
Hey, MMX is pretty good. Flawed, but still good. And Anno 2070 is good. And the recent Rayman platformers are good. And Call of Juarez Gunslinger's pretty decent. Recent Ubisoft's still got some games going for it.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Truly, modern gaming industry and journalism is way more entertaining than the actual games :lol:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What's the big deal ? The human eye cannot see more than 24 frames per second. 30 fps is just the same, but more cinematic.

This is what a console gamer truly believes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I call bullshit on this one. Lots of companies get their games to run at 30fps on consoles and 60fps on PC.

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be 60fps on PC/PS4 and 30fps on Xbone.

In other words...
2999374-8194131681-dont-.jpg

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
This is ubisoft however.

Company that decided to fight with piracy by making playing legally bought games on PC's a pain in the ass.
Seriously, after I've played Blood Dragon(as you can see it's not "old" Uplay that pissed me off) I refuse buying anything from these monkeys.

Company that allowed "it's for PC who cares" comment in code to exist.

Company that would be bought by EA if they wouldn't make Assassin's Creed, yet they refuse to even think about making proper Rayman 3d platformer, Beyond Good and Evil 2 or anything core audience wants.

Company that had M&M/HOM&M franchises yet they refuse to give devs decent budget(at least they finally have decent devs doing those).

Company that said that optimisation for PC's isn't needed.

They hardcode their games to run on 30 FPS, people who played The Crew beta complained about physical glitches caused by unlocking FPS.

Turjan

Arcane
This is ubisoft however.

Company that said that optimisation for PC's isn't needed.
It's also the company that took money from Nvidia to make Watch Dogs only look good decent with an Nvidia card.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its also a company that made/published Trials Fusion, my nr 1 most played game this year.
Its locked to 60fps tho.

Ubi is not all that great but they have been making some good games besides AAA franchises. EA is much worse with the coin/cowclicker bullshits they add in all their games.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I remember that very end of the year when Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, XIII , a good Splinter Cell came out within the same months. That was Ubi Soft back then. Never let a company produce too many good games.

As for the 30 FPS fiasco, well, there has to be a good thing in this. It shows consoles are seriously underpowered. With a bit of luck, my soon to be three years old computer might actually last the whole length of this gen. Considering I'm buying a house and making a baby, this is actually good news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom