Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Seriously, how has the gameplay improved that much from MGS4?
Obviously, less movies is more awesome, but gameplay wise, what's gotten better?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Menckenstein - hah, good trolling, at first I thought you are serious! :4/5: But nobody can be so stupid to say that every part of the gameplay is a minigame just because you have to push buttons. Like Doom is a minigame: push WASD-shoot-space-wasd-shoot-shoot. See, it is a minigame!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It is official. Kiefer Southerland is Snake:
http://kotaku.com/kiefer-sutherland-is-snake-511672325

I...I don't know who to react. Southerland has a great voice, and I will love him forever for 24, but....come on, Snake is David Hayter. Funny thing is, although in a subtle way, Kojima just shat on Hayter's head in the video. He basicly says that he cannot pull out a voice and facial performance that is needed for an older Snake. Yeah, too bad he already did a good job with a 70 year looking Snake in MGS4. Not cool Kojima, not cool. Of course this game will still be amazing. Just like EVERY MGS games. :roll:

deuxhero

Arcane
Some people have noted it just says he's Snake, which is apparently very odd for the series post MGS3 (promo material supposedly always used Naked Snake/Big Boss or Solid Snake after that), nor has any lines.

I'd say it was grasping at straws if it were anyone else but Kojima.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Some people have noted it just says he's Snake, which is apparently very odd for the series post MGS3 (promo material supposedly always used Naked Snake/Big Boss or Solid Snake after that), nor has any lines.

I'd say it was grasping at straws if it were anyone else but Kojima.
Well in the video they show that he is working on Big Boss. There is no better evidence than that.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

I...I don't know who to react. Southerland has a great voice, and I will love him forever for 24, but....come on, Snake is David Hayter. Funny thing is, although in a subtle way, Kojima just shat on Hayter's head in the video. He basicly says that he cannot pull out a voice and facial performance that is needed for an older Snake. Yeah, too bad he already did a good job with a 70 year looking Snake in MGS4. Not cool Kojima, not cool. Of course this game will still be amazing. Just like EVERY MGS games. :roll:

It said Kiefer is Snake. Not Naked Snake, not Solid Snake, just Snake. Could be an entirely new Snake. Also check out David Hayter's twitter. Something is fishy about it. He has Kiefer Sutherland as his profile picture and posted a rather odd tweet as well. Never take anything at face value what Kojima gives us. I thought people would've learned this by now after MGS2.

Divinity: Original Sin
they're pulling a splinter cell blacklist, just like thiaf did. And use the excuse that the actor's were too age-inappropriate to motion capture and deliver lines for a CGI character.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

It said Kiefer is Snake. Not Naked Snake, not Solid Snake, just Snake. Could be an entirely new Snake. Also check out David Hayter's twitter. Something is fishy about it. He has Kiefer Sutherland as his profile picture and posted a rather odd tweet as well. Never take anything at face value what Kojima gives us. I thought people would've learned this by now after MGS2.
I understand, but in the video you explicitly see that Kiefer is doing the facial expression for Big Boss. They have their faces next to eachoter, while he records in the mocap studio. But hey, I hope you are all right, I'm praying for it.

aris

Arcane
I'm a faggot? You're the one who likes a game with this as the main character:
raiden2.jpg

Naked_Raiden_11.jpg

Raiden_e_Vamp_2-620x350.jpg

57941%20-%20Metal_Gear_Solid%20raiden.jpg

Wtf Major Blackhart? Shemales and guys that look like girls are right up your street, I've seen it more than once in GD.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm saying it's all shit Volrath.
gaudaost I love ladyboys, boys, shemales, and women. No doubt. I like to fuck them, lick them, suck them, tongue them, hump them, grind them, kiss them (costs extra) and whatever else. But I DONT want to have to play as them in my video games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom