Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

It's fine on my rig (i7 2600 2.40 GHz, GTX670, 16GB ram), I'm playing with all ultra settings flares galore, and I didn't measure FPS, but it's not an issue so far. But the thing that i hate the most is Kiefer Suterland. Nothing against him, but looks like I'm playing Jack Bauer.

Kiefer Sutherland is a brilliant actor but I also have a problem with him being in the game. He isn't suited to play this character. I'm hopeless when it comes to Metal Gear lore, but wasn't Snake played by someone else?

It reminds me of when Ubisoft announced Michael Ironside wouldn't be playing Sam Fisher any more in the Splinter Cell games, and people went crazy.
I do kinda miss the raspy David Hayter voice but in Peace Walker it was laughably bad. It's probably a good thing Kiefer is replacing him.

Part of the reason I love Hayter's Snake is because of how over-the-top and campy he is. He's a ridiculous Kurt Russel parody; every line delivered is dripping with Snake-isms, and a big part of what makes the character. I've only watched a bit of MGS5 on youtube, but to me, Kiefer's portrayal is way too subdued and it just doesn't fit.

I mean, there's just no replacing this:

times sure haave chnngrrd

Athelas

Arcane
Running this on a cheap shitty laptop and even with some of the settings on (extra) high I'm managing to get a steady majestically cinematic 30 fps. :dance:

:negative:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Rumor says The Phantom Pain will release on February 24th 2015. Major retailers got that date, as well as the MS store:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...Phantom-Pain-for-Xbox-One/productID.282497300

Perhaps that's why they moved Bloodborne into March and Twitcher 3 into May, 'cause they know a big motherfucker will occupy February.

Me, of course, will have no other choice but to D1P.

kzggae.gif

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
THE SINS NEVER DIE!
CAN'T WASH THIS BLOOD OFF OUR HANDS!
LET THE WORLD FEAR US ALL...
IT'S JUST MEANS TO AND END!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The sneaking feels like a natural advancement from what we got in MGS4, just with legitimately open environments now and an even more fluid moveset for Snake. The game's significantly beefed up the penalty for getting caught now though. There's no alert/evasion/caution meter anymore, and Snake's got a healthbar roughly comparable in size to the one you have at the beginning MGS1, so unless you immediately lose the guards you'll get shot to pieces in relatively short order.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is Damn good Silva; makes the sneaking of the other games (but Snake Eater) feel prehistoric in comparison.

dunno lah

Arcane
...However, losing the guards is extremely easy in open spaces thanks to sprinting. The guards are also still not very perceptive towards sound or noise, whether or not it can be excused by use of a sneaking suit or improper volume levels. As with previous games, I am expecting an Extreme difficulty mode for TPP.

dunno lah

Arcane

Funny as it may be, I hope KojiPro fixes the enemies' awareness of vehicles. At the very least, have them look at where the jeep is approaching from.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom