Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ha! So much for being the best system evar.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Well, since this is MGS thread: does anyone know the locations of the cardboard boxes in MGS4? I lost mine during the Crying Wolf boss.

Google search was useless.

Caim

Arcane
Well, since this is MGS thread: does anyone know the locations of the cardboard boxes in MGS4? I lost mine during the Crying Wolf boss.

Google search was useless.
Last ones you can find in the game is in Otacon's office and in the office on the other side. If you can't get back you're out of luck.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I couldn't be less interested in MGO. If I wanted a team-based multiplayer shooter with rounds, objectives etc. I'd play Call of Duty. The base invasion from the main game is a much more interesting. I just hope MGO doesn't drag out the development for too much longer, I'm getting tired of waiting for this game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
MGO has always been a ton of fun, though. The've always succeeded at adding the dynamic of someone playing as Snake in a satisfying way.

Avellion

Erudite
That doesnt look too shabby, the gadgets and commando style feel they seem to be going for could make it enjoyable.

Perkel

Arcane
That doesnt look too shabby, the gadgets and commando style feel they seem to be going for could make it enjoyable.

Problem is that this is directed.
No one will wait for proper recon nor scout as both attacking and defending teams will just do usuall: run everywhere.
Something like this could only work in single player campain coop.

Played a lot MGO(MGS4) and sometimes there were good matches but every gimmick was more or less useless.

Avellion

Erudite

No one will wait for proper recon nor scout as both attacking and defending teams will just do usuall: run everywhere.

Played a lot MGO(MGS4) and sometimes there were good matches but every gimmick was more or less useless.
True, it probably wont be that good in reality. That kind of co-op would be really cool though.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
MGO has always been a ton of fun, though. The've always succeeded at adding the dynamic of someone playing as Snake in a satisfying way.

I'm sure it will be great for what it is, I'm just not a fan of competitive shooters at all. What they're doing with the single-player game is far more interesting.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm pretty sure that what we have seen in the video was co-op vs AI, meaning you will infiltrate bases and accomplish objectives against the AI. Not a human team vs team match.

Cromwell

Arcane
well on that note, I bought it and cant start it, it instantly stops working. Problem seems to be my usb pad, plugged out it starts and plugged in it gets recognized. dont know what the fuck the problem is

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
PC 4k shots

metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-screenshot-008.png

metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-screenshot-066.png

metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-screenshot-026.png

metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-screenshot-005.png

metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-screenshot-070.png

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game runs flawlessly unlike recent multiplatform releases. It would be a good pc port if they increased mouse functionality in menus.

The gameplay itself gives me strong MGS3 vibes (without the incessant fiddling with camouflage) in gigantic maps. I'll do a detailed writeup once I'm done with the game on the hardest difficulty, but the stealth gameplay makes me optimistic about what Phantom Pain might have in store.

Whatever technique they use for the lighting frequently makes the game look quite spectacular:
CYjb.png

FYjb.png

GYjb.png

Deleted member 7219

Game runs flawlessly unlike recent multiplatform releases. It would be a good pc port if they increased mouse functionality in menus.

The gameplay itself gives me strong MGS3 vibes (without the incessant fiddling with camouflage) in gigantic maps. I'll do a detailed writeup once I'm done with the game on the hardest difficulty, but the stealth gameplay makes me optimistic about what Phantom Pain might have in store.

Whatever technique they use for the lighting frequently makes the game look quite spectacular:
CYjb.png

FYjb.png

GYjb.png

I can verify this. I'm running the game on 1920x1080 with everything set to maximum and I'm getting FPS consistently above 30, without any noticeable stuttering. I'm sure if I reduced some settings down a bit I'd probably get near 60 FPS but I like the bells and whistles.

My system is an ageing Intel Core 2 Quad 9660 clocked at 3 ghz, a GeForce 750TI and 8GB RAM. Final Fantasy XIII runs like a dog on my machine, so this one can be chalked up as a Japanese PC port done right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom