Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what year do you guys think this will come out? Will playstation give Kojima free reins? Unlimited money?

I'm guessing 2018.

Caim

Arcane
So what year do you guys think this will come out? Will playstation give Kojima free reins? Unlimited money?

I'm guessing 2018.
If Sony gives him free reins and unlimited money we won't see a Kojima game until somewhere in between Half-Life 2 Episode 3 and Grimoire 2.

Last edited:

dunno lah

Arcane
Would be p cool if the company logo has something to do with the game they're working on. Bat-shit action adventure with high-tech frog helms, anyone?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Would be p cool if the company logo has something to do with the game they're working on. Bat-shit action adventure with high-tech frog helms, anyone?

If anything it's a subtle attempt at saying Konami is Cipher/The Patriots and an extension of his dream of becoming Big Boss.

CWWrEjzWIAECj5-.jpg

All of us who kept joking about him forming Developers Sans Frontieres? It actually happened!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
If anything it's a subtle attempt at saying Konami is Cipher/The Patriots and an extension of his dream of becoming Big Boss.

CWWrEjzWIAECj5-.jpg

All of us who kept joking about him forming Developers Sans Frontieres? It actually happened!

This doesn't bode well considering what happened to MSF...
20130624-145300.jpg

Whisky

The Solution

CWWrEjzWIAECj5-.jpg

20130624-145300.jpg

Alright, then he forms Crystal Cats afterwards.

Caim

Arcane
So in a decade or so Hideo will awaken from a coma, but it's actually a guy made to look and act like him so that Hideo can focus on creating his Outer Heaven, a place where developers can make games free from publishers trying to exploit them?

Trotsky

Arcane
A trailer showing the tanker pant, which is a 1 hour of a 13 hours game, taunting you with a Snake Vs RAY piloted by Liquid. What a Kojimbo ruse.

My favorite MGS trailer of all time was the E3 2003 Snake Eater preview. It was jaw dropping that you were Snake again but in a brand new era/outdoor setting.

Big Boss at the time was still the true villain of the franchise a despotic soldier/warlord who betrayed his country out of fanatical zeal to create a mercenary state.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I know Konami is fucking nuts but it is amazing the whole war they have got going on torrent sites over MGV I mean all the links get taken down, all the torrents spamned to death over having viruses and then deleated
After playing it on the PS4 I wanted to take a look at it on the PC and since I wont ever isntall that Steam Spyware I though my only option would be torrent that pos but now it looks like I wont...

Whisky

The Solution
I know Konami is fucking nuts but it is amazing the whole war they have got going on torrent sites over MGV I mean all the links get taken down, all the torrents spamned to death over having viruses and then deleated
After playing it on the PS4 I wanted to take a look at it on the PC and since I wont ever isntall that Steam Spyware I though my only option would be torrent that pos but now it looks like I wont...

It also has a new version of that anti-piracy software that DA:I used, the one that's incredibly hard to break.

I don't know if it has been cracked for MGSV yet.

Dustin542

Liturgist

It also has a new version of that anti-piracy software that DA:I used, the one that's incredibly hard to break.

I don't know if it has been cracked for MGSV yet.
It has since around September.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
But how come there are no reliable torrents then? I am guessing Konami must have people actively cracking down on those but still it is very surprising

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fuuuuu
Right now Metal Gear is dirty cheap with the Steam Winter sale and I would buy it but I cannot bring myself to get that Steam Spyware on my PC
It is not a matter of money, it is of principles; if they sold it on gog I would have bought it full price day one

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

CWWrEjzWIAECj5-.jpg

20130624-145300.jpg
Man, Konami doesn't fuck around when it comes to using black ops Pachinko renegades.

MapMan

Arcane
Who's playing MGO now that it's out on steam? I've tried playing the stealth class and it's just painful. The non lethal weapons are useless so the only other option is CQC which is so bugged and lagged it's really hard to pull off. The game is just really clunky, the character often does not what you wanted him to do (especially in CQC). Meh.

Martius

Liturgist
Well, multiplayer is now on pc so thats why most people play it right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom