Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Kem0sabe

Arcane
My God the intro chapter to the game is gloriously crazy metal gear dialed to 11... Fire whales, Pegasus, imaginary friends. Loving it

Ivan

Arcane
doing side ops and having a blast.

stealth here reminds me of Thief and the whole "can they see me, oh shit oh shit"
E6C665F95C0E46607DCF41B5ADA093D9F573BE5A

KOOOOOOOOOJIIIIIIIIIIIIMAAAAAAAAAAAAA
86CECB9A8F383E26958D90FA970A8AD91A28DD04

Quatlo

Arcane
Fucking Konami, why is this fucking game so expesnive in Potato

RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Fish

Arcane
Fucking Konami, why is this fucking game so expesnive in Potato

RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

And no pirating due to DRM. To think I was actually bemused by all the posters here buying cheap copies early.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Doing the first sand nigger mission to release my friend, notice there's a com outpost on side of the map, went there and was left thinking... Now what?

Can I capture it? How do I capture something?

Deleted member 7219

Should have taken 45 minutes to download (fibre optic = incline), but it took a lot longer than that because Steam seemed to be freaking out about something. I am guessing a lot of people were trying to download this and Mad Max.

Got it after an hour or so, though. The opening was a load of shit. Not to my taste. No idea what the fuck was going on and I didn't much care either. I've played Ground Zeroes, so I know how Boss got there, but everything that happened after was a mind fuck.

Got to the first proper mission. Afghanistan. 60 FPS. Controls are responsive. All settings turned to max at 1920x1080. I even turned on motion blur and put depth of field on high because reviewers said they were used well in this game.

I'm looking forward to playing some more, but I have to take a break. The opening stuff gave me a headache.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Should have taken 45 minutes to download (fibre optic = incline), but it took a lot longer than that because Steam seemed to be freaking out about something. I am guessing a lot of people were trying to download this and Mad Max.

Got it after an hour or so, though. The opening was a load of shit. Not to my taste. No idea what the fuck was going on and I didn't much care either. I've played Ground Zeroes, so I know how Boss got there, but everything that happened after was a mind fuck.

Got to the first proper mission. Afghanistan. 60 FPS. Controls are responsive. All settings turned to max at 1920x1080. I even turned on motion blur and put depth of field on high because reviewers said they were used well in this game.

I'm looking forward to playing some more, but I have to take a break. The opening stuff gave me a headache.

Left with the same impression after the opening. Felt like I was playing a Michael Bay movie filled with moments of cheap shock value. Hopefully the plot/direction picks up later. I bought this for the gameplay anyway but it would be nice if everything else wasn't completely retarded.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Holy hell the Mother Base is huge. I knew there were going to be new platforms, but I didn't realize how big the distance between the platforms was going to be. They even give you jeeps to ride from one platform to the other. This game is easily my GOTY, no competition. Kojima did it again.

Malpercio

Arcane
Mother Base is fucking boring to "explore".

Also the game desperately needs a manual save system.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
How bad do you think ps3 version will be? Hyper console peasant here, comp broke and won't be able to fix it for about 2-3 years

ultimanecat

Arcane
Just bought it on PS3 myself, won't have an adequate gaming rig for a few months. Installing now, but if PS3 GZ is anything to go by, expect 30 fps, somewhat muddy textures, and some pretty crazy LOD/pop-in, especially on things like grass. Still playable, and surprisingly good-looking given what it's working with.

I'll report back once I've played some.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
How bad do you think ps3 version will be? Hyper console peasant here, comp broke and won't be able to fix it for about 2-3 years
I'm playing it on the ps3, it's very playable and looks quite good and smooth all things considered.

Now.. Someone tell me how my guy is running around with a giant piece of metal sticking out of his head?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
MGS has never shone by its likelihood. MGSV intro fulfilled all my expectations, holy fucking shit what the fuck was that
You know it's MGS when someone pulls a whale out of the ocean, sets it on fire and then throws it at an helicopter while riding a flaming Pegasus with a small girl wearing a gas mask...

Writer meetings at Kojima productions must involve awesome amounts of cocaine

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
And i fucking love them for that. Just went through the first mission in Afghanistan

Got assaulted by ninja zombie assassins

There is no limit to Kojigod's dementia, best series ever.

Deleted member 7219

You know it's MGS when someone pulls a whale out of the ocean, sets it on fire and then throws it at an helicopter while riding a flaming Pegasus with a small girl wearing a gas mask...

Writer meetings at Kojima productions must involve awesome amounts of cocaine

It is like they asked a kid to write some of the story.

Writers: "Ok, you wake up from a coma to find the hospital you're in is under attack. Some woman tries to kill you but she is set on fire and falls out the window. Your objective is to get out of there with a hallucination of yourself."
Kid: "PUT IN A FIRE DEMON!"
Writers: "Uh.. ok.. so, the... fire demon has a link to a girl wearing a gas mask. You're seeing her because of the trauma you went through and-"
Kid: "MAKE THE FIRE DEMON RIDE A FLAMING UNICORN!"

I guess that kid was Hideo Kojima.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The game systems are rather complex, the base development, the management aspect, the research, the non linear mission structure, the sandbox maps, it's a huge huge game...

If it had stats and character development, codex would be saying that this was what alpha protocol should have been

Caim

Arcane
Just bought it on PS3 myself, won't have an adequate gaming rig for a few months. Installing now, but if PS3 GZ is anything to go by, expect 30 fps, somewhat muddy textures, and some pretty crazy LOD/pop-in, especially on things like grass. Still playable, and surprisingly good-looking given what it's working with.

I'll report back once I've played some.
PS3 Phantom Pain suffers from hideous loading times, both when loading missions and certain menu options (Mother Base staff, things to develop). There are also bad textures at long ranges and the view distance isn't all that either.

Deleted member 7219

PS3 Phantom Pain suffers from hideous loading times, both when loading missions and certain menu options (Mother Base staff, things to develop). There are also bad textures at long ranges and the view distance isn't all that either.

Yeah. What is this anyway, PS3 Codex? Just get a PC.

My CPU is ancient (Core 2 Quad 9660 3ghz), my memory is 8GB but low speed, and I'm running this thing on max settings, 1920x1080 at 60 FPS. The most modern thing about my system is my graphics card which is a GeForce 960.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Runs like a charm on PC. Feels kinda weird with mouse + keyboard though, plugged a controller in. Because we all know shooters play better with a controller than a mouse right :roll:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's not that bad, load times if you die are small, the initial level load is on par with most ps3 games.

The idroid load times are in fact a bit longer for certain menu options, maybe it's due to online connection, you playing online?

Ivan

Arcane
While it is quite easy for enemies to gang up on you, I do wish we had the option of playing it on Hard vs Normal.

One question: is it possible to call the chopper and travel to a new destination point without returning to the stupid cockpit menu in between? It wastes too much time. It's Bloodborne's not being able to warp between lanterns all over again.

Caim

Arcane
One question: is it possible to call the chopper and travel to a new destination point without returning to the stupid cockpit menu in between? It wastes too much time. It's Bloodborne's not being able to warp between lanterns all over again.
Nope, have fun waiting for da choppa.

Ivan

Arcane
Solution: you can't fast travel with the chopper but you can fast travel via the cardboard box

also, this is the new shit
1F3C94F6FCA335C2591AEFEE1C5D498E13FB6B15

also, did anyone find this bad boy?
9C2CC34A72C7EE6A5722C6CE3E85D5AAD72C7BD7

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom