Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Both sounds nice. On my lighting speed 0,5mb connection it will probably take whole day if not more.
:negative:

Hey brother. I'm right there with you. Shitty satellite internet ftw.

Jinn

Arcane
Agreed, so far. I loved the opening and the first hour or so of gameplay has been a ton of fun.

Haters gonna edgy ~

Jinn

Arcane
PC download was 20.18GB or something like that. Also, I'm sorry you're still waiting friend.

Executr

Cipher
It hasn't been officially confirmed but it seems it uses Denuvo. The Mad Max game has it as well.

Ivan

Arcane
shia-labeouf.png

53679F6B146667B80BDED02149748AE1F62DDA72

game is gorgeous, runs great, get a controller retard
614EEA16B468FF017EE91786BB91A0288CBFE4CA

92632060FA9A1736E0CA774A1AFF65FC4D997EBF

051657CFC877303B1E1202A2213597F4DBA13795

At this rate I expect the game to introduce someone named Queequeg

Last edited:

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Well, lasted 89 minutes before asking for a refund for this horrible console port crap. Struggled through prologue without quitting right then and there thinking once it's more open it'll get better but nope...
Horrible controls schemes and cover/shooting mechanics, shitty graphics even on maxed out, no proper sound options, terrible keyboard binds and geeebus, can the "plot" be more of that retarded japanese crap.

Have fun though, not a game for me.

Edit:
game is gorgeous, runs great, get a controller retard

Well, decided to heed your call for retardation or rather a friend pretty much saying the same thing, mentioning that even if I didn't quite like it, it was worth the wasted 60€ to try and suck it up just for the experience/knowledge of it. I've suffered through games before, so refund cancelled and I'll dust off my old controller to give it a second try as you mentioned. No sound options to completely turn off the music will be a bitch though, not to mention the moronic MGS storyline.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
So, how is it? I am still on the fence to buy it since I only played and enjoyed MGS1 and 2 and that was years ago. Not sure if I will be able to follow the storyline.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
If anyone runs into a spare steam key I buy it off you. Too lazy to eBay. Gotta be for US doe

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Got a console (yeah yeah..) version for 30 euro. Thats an ok deal. Couldn't resist when I saw it in store.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Anyone else having zero sound during the cut scenes that play at chapter ends?

Neither the one that plays detailing how you get the new arm or the one with miller to book end Ground zeroes has had sound so far.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
And since TPP is identical, mutonizer is just whining again.

Yea probably exactly the same but never tried Ground Zero.

For PC however, the mouse support is shit/non-existent, all game controls are console ports crap and not designed to work with a mouse and keyboard properly. All menus are like that as well. All prompts are a weird bugged out mess of mixed console/keyboard information, while I didn't even have a controller plugged in. Cover and shooting mechanics are too loose as well, but I'm guessing that that's why most console games have non stop auto-aim, slow-mo and whatnot. Added onto that the fact that the first thing everyone apparently says when I mention this is: "get a controller, retard", just highlights the problem.

If you're a console die-hard, you're used to crappy control schemes, auto aim, retarded "button awesome reflex" mechanics so I'm sure this will be right down your alley and that's fine. But when I buy a supposedly top notch stealth/military triple AAAs on PC, I don't want to be playing a shitty console port and all the retarded limitations that it implies. Question of taste really and since everything this game can offer, Arma 3 does thousands time better, including stealth and cover mechanics, I'll be getting back to that thank you (and yes, I re-refunded the game just before the 2 hours mark, just was bored to tears and frustrated by the moronic mechanics and story..and that FUCKING music).

My fault though, never had tried any MG game before and totally didn't expect what was delivered nor how it was delivered. MG fans will probably like it (apparently they already love it), especially on console if they're used to console games and that's fine with me. Just posting as a fresh MG player who gave it a go on PC, and why I got a refund. In a hype thread full of masturbating fanboys, shouldn't leave too much of a stain...

As a note, performance was great I admit, non stop 60 FPS (can't seem to be able to go above oddly enough) with maxed out settings (just some shit like post-pro, dof and blur removed) on a standard gaming PC, no crash or anything. But again, that's easy, graphics are pretty shit anyway quality wise for a supposedly "next-gen" on PC and couldn't get any kind of proper AA to kick. But man, there are NO sound options, nada, zip. How the fuck can anyone make anything without fucking sound options?

Last edited:

Deakul

Augur
Port's about on par with GZ, pretty disappointed about that.

No mouse support in menus is a massive nuisance considering the nature of the menus, choppy sensitivity still exists, and there's still too many controls that you can't rebind.

Wish I had bought it on Steam instead of a $30 ebay nvidia key so I could get a refund.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Germany. Bought it in a small local gameshop. By the way the intro is great already. Lots of attention to detail.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yea probably exactly the same but never tried Ground Zero.

For PC however, the mouse support is shit/non-existent, all game controls are console ports crap and not designed to work with a mouse and keyboard properly. All menus are like that as well. All prompts are a weird bugged out mess of mixed console/keyboard information, while I didn't even have a controller plugged in. Cover and shooting mechanics are too loose as well, but I'm guessing that that's why most console games have non stop auto-aim, slow-mo and whatnot. Added onto that the fact that the first thing everyone apparently says when I mention this is: "get a controller, retard", just highlights the problem.

If you're a console die-hard, you're used to crappy control schemes, auto aim, retarded "button awesome reflex" mechanics so I'm sure this will be right down your alley and that's fine. But when I buy a supposedly top notch stealth/military triple AAAs on PC, I don't want to be playing a shitty console port and all the retarded limitations that it implies. Question of taste really and since everything this game can offer, Arma 3 does thousands time better, including stealth and cover mechanics, I'll be getting back to that thank you (and yes, I re-refunded the game just before the 2 hours mark, just was bored to tears and frustrated by the moronic mechanics and story..and that FUCKING music).

My fault though, never had tried any MG game before and totally didn't expect what was delivered nor how it was delivered. MG fans will probably like it (apparently they already love it), especially on console if they're used to console games and that's fine with me. Just posting as a fresh MG player who gave it a go on PC, and why I got a refund. In a hype thread full of masturbating fanboys, shouldn't leave too much of a stain...

As a note, performance was great I admit, non stop 60 FPS (can't seem to be able to go above oddly enough) with maxed out settings (just some shit like post-pro, dof and blur removed) on a standard gaming PC, no crash or anything. But again, that's easy, graphics are pretty shit anyway quality wise for a supposedly "next-gen" on PC and couldn't get any kind of proper AA to kick. But man, there are NO sound options, nada, zip. How the fuck can anyone make anything without fucking sound options?

You just don't UNDERSTAND Kojima! This is all part of his cunning design!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom