Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

She's not a slut, she...

has a parasite that feeds with oxygen and water
Yeah, this bullshit is true, no tranny stuff.

Once I recognized the secret reason for her exposure, I felt ashamed of my words & deeds.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Uh, what? Obviously every major plot detail has not been leaked if they are adding a new ending to the game? From what I'm told they did the same thing with Peace Walker to avoid one of the endings from being spoiled.

Not all no. But without going into any details. People know how it begins. How it ends and every major plot detail between. They have seen it and played it. So unless Kojima is a true ruse master who recorded hours of fake dialog and directed fake events I don't see how much this ending can really change in the grand scheme of the game.

If I had to bet on it this new ending is for David Hayter to do some "Kept you waiting huh?" voice work for Solid Snake.

Silly Rabbit

Learned
The disc from the PC version only contains a 8,78mb Steam installer and nothing else :lol::

CNqQhNjWIAEZXcj.jpg

https://twitter.com/graphure/status/637981198229368836

Adon

Arcane
is there a story reason for this?

For what? Kiefer replacing Hayter? Nope, not at all. I'm kind of indifferent about it. Would be good if Sutherland was a good VA, but from what I've seen he's been meh so far.

I think dumping Hayter was a terrible idea. He was a little hammy at times but he really was the voice of Snake. Kiefer Sutherland, at least from what I could hear in Ground Zeroes, does a pretty shitty job and doesn't seem invested in the character at all.

Caim

Arcane
I think dumping Hayter was a terrible idea. He was a little hammy at times but he really was the voice of Snake. Kiefer Sutherland, at least from what I could hear in Ground Zeroes, does a pretty shitty job and doesn't seem invested in the character at all.
From what I've read that would not be the first time Sutherland did that to one of the characters he voiced.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I think the issue Kojima took with Hayter was that he has the hammy voice of a grizzled hero. I just don't think his voice lends well to characters on the moral event horizon. If Hayter had voiced that scene in the trailer where Big Boss tells Kaz he will kill Quiet when the time comes. I don't think I would believe it. Kiefer Sutherland just about pulls it off.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It was a shitty idea to have Hayter voice Big Boss in MGS3 anyway. They should've had a different VA for the character since day one. Didn't the Jap version of MGS always have different VAs for Snake and Big Boss?

Adon

Arcane
Nah, it's always been and still is Akio Otsuka voicing both Big Boss and Snake in Japan. The only time this wasn't the case was in MGS4 where they got Chikao Ohtsuka -- Akio's Dad -- to voice BB. Even Solidus was voiced by Akio in MGS2.

But I agree with the sentiment of casting someone else in English from the start. Richard Doyle would've been my preferred choice tbh.

Malpercio

Arcane
Meh, based on how much I played, it isn't very good. It's very smooth, but everything else feels boring. Once the hype dies I wonder if there'll be a huge backslash.

Fucking open world curse.

Story is really BAD, makes MG4 nanomachines look smart in comparison. Also Kiefer Sutherland is boring, and it doesn't help that BB barelly talks in the game.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Meh, based on how much I played, it isn't very good. It's very smooth, but everything else feels boring. Once the hype dies I wonder if there'll be a huge backslash.

Story is really BAD, makes MG4 nanomachines look smart in comparison. Also Kiefer Sutherland is boring, and it doesn't help that BB barelly talks in the game.

I was expecting exactly that.

Deleted member 7219

Troll much? Game is still locked.

Martius

Liturgist
On pc? Of course! Retail copies of xbox360, xbox one, ps3 and 4? Not so much.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Only retards will pay for this. I ain't even touching multiplayer on this game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only retards will pay for this. I ain't even touching multiplayer on this game.

Same here. I wonder if this shit was the reason for the Kojima fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom