Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V coming to Steam

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You know what? I am going to come out as the flaming Metal Gear Solid fan I am.

Fuck all of you! I legitimately love every bit of this franchise with all my heart and in no way in irony. I think Hideo Kojima is a god damn genius and the all the controversy regarding what little plot we know of MGS5 is fucking stupid. Also the controversy of Ground Zeroes (aside from the price and what you are paying for) is insipid as well. I am literally riding a hype train so hard right now, my anus my as well be secreting lube right now as I cum from every inch of the train penetrating me. I can not wait for pre-orders to start, cause I am giving myself and two friends a copy of each game.

I got nothing else to say. I'm going back to the status quo of hating Oblivion. Fuck Bethesda. My anus gets so dry when I think about them.
We should make sweet love.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope you realize he's satirical, right?

I don't get why people would be happy about it though. I mean, isn't this like a story heavy type of game? Don't you need to know the story from the games NOT released on PC first? Porting this game for an audience that didn't follow it is like watching a TV show in the middle of the last season, without catching up.
Yeah, because th internet, wikipedia and youtube doesn't exist.

Not to mention that from what I see, MGS is a gimmicky piece of shit franchise that is way too popular for our own good.
I hope you die a horrible death. Fuck you!

Black

Arcane
I know it's a satire, calm your dick.
And I don't give a fuck about mgs or kojima and his garbage. I wish his cinematic experiences would stay on consoles but you have to look at the bright side and see the total butthurt of consolefags.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You know what? I am going to come out as the flaming Metal Gear Solid fan I am.

Fuck all of you! I legitimately love every bit of this franchise with all my heart and in no way in irony. I think Hideo Kojima is a god damn genius and the all the controversy regarding what little plot we know of MGS5 is fucking stupid. Also the controversy of Ground Zeroes (aside from the price and what you are paying for) is insipid as well. I am literally riding a hype train so hard right now, my anus my as well be secreting lube right now as I cum from every inch of the train penetrating me. I can not wait for pre-orders to start, cause I am giving myself and two friends a copy of each game.

I got nothing else to say. I'm going back to the status quo of hating Oblivion. Fuck Bethesda. My anus gets so dry when I think about them.
We should make sweet love.
Bro, it will be the sweetest love ever.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
After the clusterfuck that MGSIV was, maybe this will go the MGSIII route and be good for what it is. We'll see, although Kojima has jumped the shark a long time ago.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
After the clusterfuck that MGSIV was, maybe this will go the MGSIII route and be good for what it is. We'll see, although Kojima has jumped the shark a long time ago.
MGS Peace Walker and even Ground Zeroes already went back to the MGS3 route, so no problem here.

Peter

Arcane
Why the fuck would I want "horse stealth" on my fucking PC? I'm just fine with Gunpoint and The Dark Mod, thank you.

I don't get this line of thinking. Why wouldn't you want more games available on PC?

I for one welcome our multiplatform overlords, despite the fact that nothing about MGSV so far has grabbed my interest.

buzz

Arcane
I don't get this line of thinking. Why wouldn't you want more games available on PC?
Because I'd rather have another Divinity OS at the top of Steam's lists than some retarded console shit.

I want new talent and new publishers in the PC gaming space, not the old and smelly husks from the console side that are trying to escape that sinking ship.

The last thing an already over-crowded PC market needs is the retardation from the console and mobile space.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I really enjoyed MGS 1 & 2, the story is fucking stupid, but it was fun to play, especially MGS 2 Substance with the VR missions, for me.

I never played 3 even though I bought that game, it was supposed to be really good.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, BOY!?

Strap on your combat knife and bandana and shove that motherfucker in your PS2/PS3/PC Emulator NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Because I'd rather have another Divinity OS at the top of Steam's lists than some retarded console shit.

I want new talent and new publishers in the PC gaming space, not the old and smelly husks from the console side that are trying to escape that sinking ship.

The last thing an already over-crowded PC market needs is the retardation from the console and mobile space.
You are in idiot. Additional good games (yes, MGS is good, suck it down) are not harming anybody, let alone D:OS type of indie game. It is good for the gamers. Your butthurt is non-sensical.

Martius

Liturgist
Legacy collection would be pretty damn nice, but that would require porting 3 and 4.
From what I can remember Kojima mentioned possibility of porting it to xone since 360 is too weak to handle 4. If that will happen there is no reason to do same for pc since 5 is confirmed.

Hm, so quiet is sexist character but Raiden as pretty boy (which was interrogated without any clothes on) isnt right?

buzz

Arcane
You are in idiot. Additional good games (yes, MGS is good, suck it down) are not harming anybody, let alone D:OS type of indie game. It is good for the gamers. Your butthurt is non-sensical.
Why do people still say J_C is Matt Barton? Matt is the total opposite, he doesn't have this kind of shit taste in games.

buzz

Arcane
I'm talking about the official version. Like releasing the HD version to the PC as well.
Off-the-record, people can watch Youtube longplays since MGS is a shitty animu muvi anyway.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I hope you realize he's satirical, right?

I don't get why people would be happy about it though. I mean, isn't this like a story heavy type of game? Don't you need to know the story from the games NOT released on PC first? Porting this game for an audience that didn't follow it is like watching a TV show in the middle of the last season, without catching up.
Not to mention that from what I see, MGS is a gimmicky piece of shit franchise that is way too popular for our own good. Why the fuck would I want "horse stealth" on my fucking PC? I'm just fine with Gunpoint and The Dark Mod, thank you.

Metal Gear Solid games usually work as independent stories (and are best taken that way). There were some vague associations, but they didn't *seriously* try to create a grand and coherent narrative out of it until Metal Gear Solid 4 came out.

Black

Arcane
Why do people still say J_C is Matt Barton? Matt is the total opposite, he doesn't have this kind of shit taste in games.
No idea, but there's only one way to get rid off tards like him. The roguey way.

Machocruz

Arcane
Octocamo turns out wasn't such a good way to do stealth. That the stealth and environments are designed around its usage becomes apparent when you play on Extreme mode, where they can spot you crawling, with 85%+ camo index from quite far away. There is little in the way of good concealment in some areas, so unless you master various speed running tricks or tranq everyone (you don't get the tranq gun from the start, and you have limited ammo for it, AND they only stay knocked for a couple minutes), it takes far too long to sneak to your goal; even Thief TDP and Chaos Theory, far superior and challenging stealth games, were less tedious. I don't think they handled it very well, so a return to plain old hiding behind walls and under trucks is welcome.

But Kojima think's he's fucking Robert Altman now, a bad mainstream version, so I'm expecting the worst when it comes to storytelling and cutscene length. MGS4 was heinous in this regard. Did we really need a wedding at the end of a story about espionage and war? Weren't the gay vampires, child autism, and monkeys in diapers enough of a diversion? Imagine if in Paths of Glory you had to sit through scenes of Kirk Douglas and the tavern singer from the end having a meet cute and getting married, and a midst that, a bunch of side stories of other characters being tied up with a nice little bow.

It was Roland Emmerich/Michael Bay school of storytelling shit. MGS1-3 are like the tightest narratives ever spun compared to that one. Well 2 had the gay vampires and incest, but still.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
It was Roland Emmerich/Michael Bay school of storytelling shit. MGS1-3 are like the tightest narratives ever spun compared to that one. Well 2 had the gay vampires and incest, but still.
With Peace Walker Kojima proved that he returned to the tighter storytelling of MGS 3, so I don't think that it will be like MGS4.

No idea, but there's only one way to get rid off tards like him. The roguey way.
And what is the roguey way, you grown up troll?

Machocruz

Arcane
I have yet to play Peace Walker. From what I've seen, it does seem straightforward, like the 8-bit games. I come to this series for the military tech fetishism and interesting little gameplay details, not to be emotionally enriched by the life and times of Snake and Friends

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Peace Walker was alright. The storytelling was a step back on-track (i.e. no 40+ minute long cutscenes anymore, though that might've just been due to limitations of hardware), but most of the side missions and objectives basically amounted to tedious grinding which stops being endearing after your tenth battle against a palette-swapped tank.

Hear Kojima's planning to make the cutscenes shorter with The Phantom Pain, which is good. Ground Zeroes confirms this to a degree, as it follows a new 'free-roaming' camera style that the other games didn't really have.

dunno lah

Arcane
The cutscenes are 5 minutes long at most so far in MGS5. The cutscenes in-between the mission are even shorter. The thing I'm worried about the cutscenes are that Kojima's gonna try too hard with Big Boss' "communicate through expressions"...

One more video potato recording:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I really enjoyed MGS 1 & 2, the story is fucking stupid, but it was fun to play, especially MGS 2 Substance with the VR missions, for me.

I never played 3 even though I bought that game, it was supposed to be really good.

3 is the best MGS and it have story that easily sits on the top of video game stories.

also this O.o

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom