Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Memorable little things in your games

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh. My favourite ever, actually, from Diablo 1:

"Ahr, fresh meat!" (upon entering the area where "The Butcher", the first boss, is).

Monocause

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Monocause said:
"MAMMM NAJLEPSZE CENY PO TEJ STRONIE CORMYRU"

Fuck yes :thumbsup:

"W-w-w-w-witajcie w moim sklepiiiiikuuuuu"

Hey, do you remember Polish Icewind Dale? There was this rogue voice you could pick, incredibly creepy and sounding like a sexual predator in the making.

"Trzymaj się cieni przyjacielu-u-u..." "Morrderstwo najpodlejszą ze sztuk-k... zwycięstwo - najszlachetniejszą..."

Or the guy that sounded as if he recorded his lines wearing a helmet, making him an obvious choice for this fellow:
basics_5.jpg

(couldn't find a higher-res version)

Luzur

Good Sir
stacking crates up to the blacksmith chimney in Ultima 7 to get to that secret portal with all the stuff for the first time, after being told about it from a friend.

Repressed Homosexual
Haha the merchants in Might and Magic VI who insult you when you leave the shop without buying anything, and your selected PC that reacts back.

The best is the armor salesman.

Seee ya tiiightwaaaad!

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Darth Roxor said:
Monocause said:
"MAMMM NAJLEPSZE CENY PO TEJ STRONIE CORMYRU"

Fuck yes :thumbsup:

"W-w-w-w-witajcie w moim sklepiiiiikuuuuu"
czas na odrobinę chamstwa i brutalności.

mam tu ostrze, specjalne dla ciebie.

zaraz wypruję z ciebie flaki, głupcze.

what happened after those amazing infinity engine translations/voice-overs? :x

Haha the merchants in Might and Magic VI who insult you when you leave the shop without buying anything, and your selected PC that reacts back.

Seee ya tiiightwaaaad!

it only happens when you've got over 10k gold, IIRC.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Monocause said:
Hey, do you remember Polish Icewind Dale? There was this rogue voice you could pick, incredibly creepy and sounding like a sexual predator in the making.

'Tyyyyle roboty... a tak MAŁO czasu.' Yup, that guy always voiced all my halfling rogues :M

Another cool Polish IWD voice was one female one. Superhigh and squeaky. Once gave it to a male dwarf for the lulz

'NNNNA NICH!!!!' 'A więc tak się traktuje damę?!'

it only happens when you've got over 10k gold, IIRC.

Nope, it always happens if you don't pay.
'Bunch'a misers'

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I guess the most recent ones would be the easter eggs in The Void; like that one secret area that gives you a glimpse into the real world, but you can't leave the Void because it's gated shut. Also the moon there is the same moon that you can see in Uta's grotto, blending reality and the void.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Darth Roxor said:
Monocause said:

'Tyyyyle roboty... a tak MAŁO czasu.' Yup, that guy always voiced all my halfling rogues :M

Another cool Polish IWD voice was one female one. Superhigh and squeaky. Once gave it to a male dwarf for the lulz

'NNNNA NICH!!!!' 'A więc tak się traktuje damę?!'

It's even funnier when you assign male voices to female chars and the other way around.

What?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Odsuńcie się, chłopcy. Tu potrzeba kobiecej ręki :smug:

(that's IWD2, though)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Humanity has risen! said:

Seee ya tiiightwaaaad!
Well I never!

(that was my cleric)

mariog

Educated
Using the cannon to blow up walls (and the McDonald shop as well) in Wasteland was a great touch. Not to mention the trip inside the mind of the android - such a wonderful game.

baronjohn

Cipher
In Arcanum if you gain a fate point from magnus in the P&S crypt and then tell him to leave when he talks to you, the game kills you.

At first I was like :shock:, but then :D

TsongaKralj

Novice
Guards of the feuding noble houses trading insults on the rooftops in the Life of the Party mission in Thief 2.I still find it hilarious when I replay the game from time to time.

Constantine's mansion level in Thief 1 when you're contracted to steal the sword,the 1st time I saw it I was really blown away,very unique and interesting level design.

Solving a certain quest in Lower Ward in PST(involving Gythyanki and Githzerai)by letting your guard down and allowing the enemies to kill you.

In PST again finding out that if you lie that your name is Adahn enough times the guy actually materializes in Smoldering Corpse Bar showing how powerful belief can be in Planescape universe.

In Blood 1(my favourite FPS ever) finding Duke Nukem's hanging corpse and hearing Caleb say "shake it baby" when you prod him with a fork.Also Caleb saying "come come out wherever you are" when you find frozen Jack Nicholson in a level that looks just like the maze from Shining.

Finding out you can get addicted to drugs in Fallout when I first played it ,getting alien's saucer and godzilla's foot trail random encounters.

I loved how in Arcanum you had actual streets and adresses in towns such as Tarant.Loved the newspapers who described current interesting events and tensions between nations and the use of telegraph to solve a quest.Also liked the fact that when your technical or magickal aptitpude gets too high you suffered various consequences like not being able to enter certain shops or not being able to travel by train anymore because of conflicting orientations.

Jools said:
Oh. My favourite ever, actually, from Diablo 1:

"Ahr, fresh meat!" (upon entering the area where "The Butcher", the first boss, is).

Man,that brings some memories.Diablo 1 had awesome atmosphere.

bonescraper

If we're talking about Polish Baldur's Gate, you guys missed the best quote.

"Mogę zrobić colokwiek zechcesz, ale niech to będzie wyzwanie!" spoken by Taerom Fuiruim, Beregost Smithy.

Hall of fame:

"Ja zmiażdzyć Twoja pysk!", "Ja zgnieść, zgnieść na miazga!", "Zdychaj łotrze", "Mam tu ostrze... specjalne dla Ciebie", "Uowce tyż zmarnioły i sie nie kocom", "Łostatnio cóś parszywa ta, noo... ałura. Ni?", "Ino ni mom czasu by z Tobą gadoć", "Latoś jakoś nie łobrodziło". :smug:

Monocause

Arcane
bonescraper said:

"Mogę zrobić colokwiek zechcesz, ale niech to będzie wyzwanie!" spoken by Taerom Fuiruim, Beregost Smithy.

"Mogę zyobić, cokolwiek zechcesz, ale niech to będzie wyzwanie"

Fixed. Spoken by some guy whose head I'd love to see banged into a car mask.

:x

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
bonescraper said:

:x

Zdyyychaaajcie, kwiiiczoooołkiii
Drizta to ja bym pokonał z obiema rękami związanymi na plecach
also the freakish accent of amnish soldiers is BG1
Odstąp, obywatelu!

jesus k. reist, the games were full of those

Varn

Educated
Can we get these Eurotrash out of this thread? We don't wanna hear your high-cheekboned guttural slavic shit in our thread.

Thanks,

Nael

Arcane
Hearing a guy shout "You fucking Republican!" as I drive up on the sidewalk in GTAIV. GTA games are full of weird little tidbits.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Benny from Thief series' dialogues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-V9T0SiWvA
Actually, guard's comments were always priceless in thief 1/2

Also, as the poles seem to be hicjackin this thread ( :smug: ) I'll just mention the great voice work Kobuszewski's done on Jan in BG2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom