Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Melee build?

Severian Silk

Can you dump your stats to a text file or find them in some other file?

epeli

Arcane
Can you dump your stats to a text file or find them in some other file?

Directly from the game? Not really. You can export your character to a file at any time but there are no tools (other than underrail.exe) to read those .char files. Even when unpacked, they consist of obfuscated game data structures.

I had planned to include an option to export/import Underrail .char files in my character tool, but that file format... ehh... welp, you can drop any char file here to see for yourself: http://underrail.info.tm/junk/char_reader_test.html

Severian Silk

Where are these .char files? I am looking in my save game directory and don't see any.

epeli

Arcane
Where are these .char files? I am looking in my save game directory and don't see any.

Press the Export Character button on the game's menu. It'll export your current character to a file in My Games\Underrail\Characters\. You can import exported characters when starting a new game, not much else can be done with the files at the moment.

epeli

Arcane
:roll:

K2be0gM.png

polo

Magister
How do u go on junkyard with a knife build? Stealth most of the enemies?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You mean the mutants? Yeah, stealth and if shit gets tough incendiary grenades and maybe a flashbang if you have one to spare.

Severian Silk

Stand in a doorway so that only one can kill you at a time. Also savescum a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

polo

Magister
Stand in a doorway so that only one can kill you at a time. Also savescum a lot.
Well yeah, my idea was to avoid savescumming. Doorway stuck makes some sense, if u have acid protection. But i think, Igreandes + stealth, and maybe come back when im stronger. I still think junkyard is kind of too early in the main story.

Well, when i wrote that i didn't even tried. Mutants seems have been nerfed, they were pushovers...

Last edited:

Snufkin

Augur
On knife char it's best idea to max traps and get quick tinkering at lvl 4. Knives are weaker then sledgehammers but you get more attacks. Kukri will apply bleeding wound for Taste for Blood feat. Also vs mutants you will be able to craft boots and leather armor who gives you huge acid resistance. Imho going heavy on mechanics and tailoring is essential for every char. My 12 lvl knifer have 15-32 dmg, this is why traps are important to complement this build. One thing i regret is going for 10 agi, should have dumped it to 6 and get some points for CON, eventualy getting 10 for thick skull. But on normal dificulty you can get away somehow with not optimized builds.

Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
On knife char it's best idea to max traps and get quick tinkering at lvl 4. Knives are weaker then sledgehammers but you get more attacks. Kukri will apply bleeding wound for Taste for Blood feat. Also vs mutants you will be able to craft boots and leather armor who gives you huge acid resistance. Imho going heavy on mechanics and tailoring is essential for every char. My 12 lvl knifer have 15-32 dmg, this is why traps are important to complement this build. One thing i regret is going for 10 agi, should have dumped it to 6 and get some points for CON, eventualy getting 10 for thick skull. But on normal dificulty you can get away somehow with not optimized builds.
I played the game without traps and with 4 CON dumped just fine. IMHO knife assassin needs crowd control.
I had Dirty Kick, Cut-Throat, Taser and Cryostasis (frozen enemies are "unaware" - restealth and come back). Psy may be swapped for throwing, but it was really helpful and fun at the beginning (range attacks and trap disarming).

Snufkin

Augur
http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwG...lFhlAUYJOboKxXQXgS0METCgzwALFgm0koJCiS1UMWAiA

My best so far unarmed build.
Weapons are Ripper and The claw, both uniques. With sandwitch it gets down to 4 ap / attack! Thats 17 attacks with adrenaline shot. Even more with fatal throw.
Armor is Supersteel plate with single serrated blade made of sturdy vest
Boots infused ancient rathound/siphoner leather tabis.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom