Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Megamen sucks massive blue whale balls Desu

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Not really :troll:

My fondest megamen memories based on nostalgia was Megamen 7 for SNES(i know :popamole:) and Megamen X4 for PSX. There was also a FMV megamen wich i don't remember much clearly.
So, fellow weabootards, do tell me of your sexual gangbanging with the Megamens.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Fuck man, why i can't play with bass, he looks more awesome than lameman:(

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I've a soft spot for Legends, but my favourite has to be X3. Lots of upgrades (and cool ones too, not retarded shit like a brick smashing jump that gets used like twice in the whole game) cool ride armours, cool bosses, and of course Zero being fucking awesome. X2 would probably be next on my list, because of the fight AGAINST Zero, which is awesome as well.

Of course, what I'm currently salivating over is the eventual completion of this monstrosity: https://www.facebook.com/JKBGames

I'd be hard pressed to design a game I want to play more myself. It has all my favourite elements in 2D action games and great designs from what I've seen (though I've tried to avoid spoiling myself.) What baffles me is how this guy didn't get picked up by Capcom to help design a new X game. I mean, I know there are (stupid) reasons not to, but holy fuck, the guy is making the best entry in the series in over a decade, possibly ever. It's plain as day. I can't fathom how you could be aware of that kind of talent and not make the guy an offer he couldn't refuse. The bigwigs in large companies really must be fucking vegetables.

:desu:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
I actually started with X4 unfortunately. I bought both the Megaman Collection and the Megaman X Collection later though. However my nostalgia goes to the Battle Network games which is depressing since Battle Network 4 basically started the death of the whole franchise.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm not a megamen fan, hate how he handles, but than I love playing Zero. Beated every X game he's playable. Feels so much more dynamic to have powers turn into new attacks instead of popamole ammo for cannon...

But Megamen & Bass Rockman & Forte is a great game. :salute:

Anyone who hasn't been playing since MM1 on the Phantom System Nintendo with early Japanese cartridges is a fucking casual.

Fuck man, why i can't play with bass, he looks more awesome than lameman:(

Megaman with a black paintjob and Vegeta's personality. Could never muster many shits to give.

You can play with him in Power Battle 1&2 too. For the arcade, use MAME.

tumblr_inline_mig1x0rpH51qz4rgp.png

also

lightbane

Arcane
Ah, Megaman :love: One of my early childhood heroes and one of the first games I ever played. Megaman X3 was the first one I was really impressed with, it taught me how to train my patience and skill until I was able to defeat these ridiculous bosses with a bit of effort... I also was impressed with how badass Zero is (fuck that blue kid):

:incline:
I played lots of Megaman games (practically everything from the X saga except 7 and 8, the Megaman Zero games, the ZX ones, Starforce 1-3 and Battle Network 1-3 and 6, I haven't tried Legends yet), I wouldn't mind another Megaman game, but so far Capcom has forgotten about his blue mascot... Probably for the better, the result would be a Megaman for today's consoletard audience (in other words, with popamole mechanics, regenerating health, neverending cutscenes, etc.) :rage:

Actually, that thing sort of happened already, Zero was supposed to be the new Megaman but he was retconned because Capcom thought audience would be unable to identify with this new hero. Similar stuff happened with the Megaman Zero games (which by the way are hilariously grimdark despite apparently being games for children).

Also X4 probably featured the hardest boss fight of the series: Sigma Form 3, the one with two heads, each one with their own cretinous energy bar.

Yeah, that was one of the hardest battles of the series, but it also was awesome.

Sigma: "Have your anus ready!"

Arkadin

Arcane
ITS FUCKIGN *ROCK* MAN YOU BRASILTARDS
fixed

I loved the X series. I got to play console games back when no one around had PCs, and these were a lot of fun. I think my favorite boss was always Flame Mammoth. He looked so sad when you cut off his snout. I know I need to get around to playing the NES games.

I played lots of Megaman games (practically everything from the X saga except 7 and 8, the Megaman Zero games, the ZX ones, Starforce 1-3 and Battle Network 1-3 and 6, I haven't tried Legends yet), I wouldn't mind another Megaman game, but so far Capcom has forgotten about his blue mascot... Probably for the better, the result would be a Megaman for today's consoletard audience (in other words, with popamole mechanics, regenerating health, neverending cutscenes, etc.) :rage:

Actually Megaman 9 (2008) and 10 (2010) are pretty good.

dunno lah

Arcane
I wouldn't mind another Megaman game, but so far Capcom has forgotten about his blue mascot... Probably for the better, the result would be a Megaman for today's consoletard audience (in other words, with popamole mechanics, regenerating health, neverending cutscenes, etc.)

Actually, that thing sort of happened already, Zero was supposed to be the new Megaman but he was retconned because Capcom thought audience would be unable to identify with this new hero. Similar stuff happened with the Megaman Zero games (which by the way are hilariously grimdark despite apparently being games for children).

who__s_next__by_van_der_dot-d4bbrep1.jpg

Maybe they'll come up with this?:troll:

lightbane

Arcane
Megaman 9 and 10 are not recent bro (more than 3 years old). A modern Megaman game would indoubtly be popamole, "reimagining"/raping franchises is one of the latest trends (in case you have forgotten look what happened with Tomb Raider, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden...). Megaman vs Street Fighter is the exception that confirms the rule (plus it's for PC, not consoles).

PS: Can't see the pic and the webpage says I don't have permission to see the content.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
My first Megaman was Megaman 7, but my favorites were always X3 and X4. Also X4 probably featured the hardest boss fight of the series: Sigma Form 3, the one with two heads, each one with their own cretinous energy bar. X5 Sigma is banal near this. X3's Sigma was just as hard: Sigma has a FUCK HUEG body and a tiny little head, and ridiculous attacks. Good luck!
Mestre apelão da porra :rage:

Cromwell

Arcane
Is there a good game for emulators which are not ds? So wii or the playstations preferably one with x and or zero.

Borelli

Arcane
As a primarily PC gamer i play very little console games but one day when my graphics card blew up between waiting to buy new one i decided to get a SNES emulator and download this game called Megaman X.
First level of the game was meh, nice graphics but jumping and shooting felt generic.
Then i reached stage select screen, holy shit

I immediately fell in love with the game:love:
First level i choose was octopus, he was so difficult and after i beat him i read a guide which stated GO TO PENGUIN FOR DASH UPGRADE NOOB.
Some bosses were really really easy while some were hard, the boomerang robot was hard because his weakness were missiles and i spent them all before on trash mobs (missiles are my fav weapon because they track and i'm a lazy bastard).
I used save states but only before bosses not during, i could have used only at the start of the level but i would not gain much with it because megaman gameplay is really all about the bosses. Only levels which have hard trash mobs are those before the last boss.
Did not also use save states during Sigma three stage fight - a thing which i'm particularly proud of, by the time i was fighting him for the 20th time i was completing first two phases in like 10 seconds.
Tried X2 after and it was ... well it was the same thing to X1 what DMC4 is to DMC3, what RE5 is to RE4 - first game was revolutionary while second is more of the same which is still good just not ... doesn't have the same punch, some bosses were lame (robot larva morphing into robot butterfly stresses my suspension of disbelief) and easy, at the "small old man in a robot with lots of platforms" boss i got a new graphics card and lost interest then. I do love the robot designs though, they are so ... japanese.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom