Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MCA leaves Obsidian

MCA's next employer?

• Bethesda

Votes: 77 15.5%
  • InXile

Votes: 154 31.0%
  • Cleve

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • Larian

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • EA

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 54 10.9%
  • Himself

Votes: 61 12.3%
  • CD Projekt

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Blizzard

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Zynga

Votes: 24 4.8%
  • Gaben

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Richard Garriot

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Kirkbride

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Bioware

Votes: 19 3.8%

• Total voters

Caconym

Savant
He's also Azog from the Hobbit trilogy.
He was, until they cheap-CG'd all over his body and mask. Now he's just Azog's voice and maybe movement.
If you want to see decline, compare the orcs from the LotR trilogy to the fake ones in the Hobbits.

Janslin

Novice
Well i hope that hipster fag realized how shit his balance is , and learns from it for future games ( who i am kidding , hipsters think they are always right )

Which hipster fag? There's more than one possibility here.

LizardWizard

Cipher
He also plays Deathstroke in Arrow.
He's also Azog from the Hobbit trilogy.

He's awesome. I cried when the romans killed him in Spartacus.
I only enjoyed the first season of Spartacus with the original actor. The prequel and later season were average.

Prequel was amazing I thought, especially the last episode. But yeah season 3 was weak and 4 was only slightly less shit due to the guy playing Crassus.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Prequel was amazing I thought, especially the last episode. But yeah season 3 was weak and 4 was only slightly less shit due to the guy playing Crassus.
Pretty much my assessment too. The prequel was tight, while the first season had to find its stride at first.

The new actor shat the bed, and somehow the writers couldn't write around him and fucked things up in season 3. They made it better by introducing new characters in S4, but it was too far gone to save.

Atchodas

Augur
t8jiMB0.png

HE KNEW !

Chris Avellone adventure why

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He's not a full time Bethesda employee. You might as well say those who voted for Larian were right.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Planescape:Torment Enhanced Edition incoming?

Helping Beamdog make a PS:T EE, if that is indeed their ambition, would be a noble deed. They might have done it without him and fucked it up.

Turned out to be quite accurate speculation!

My guess that he quit Obsidian to work full time on his Arcanum Let's Play has however not been revealed to be true yet...

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Or none of the above :(.

Makes me sad, because I want to see him in a permanent position of power from which he can direct a TRUE TURN BASED RPG with all the C&C and branching we can imagine!

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
My guess that he quit Obsidian to work full time on his Arcanum Let's Play has however not been revealed to be true yet...

Has MCA ever worked full time on anything? It seems to be both his strength and his weakness that he is all over the place and never fully focused with the task at hand. He's like the Mysterious Stranger in Fallout - sometimes shows up to save the day, but you can't depend on him to always be there when you need him.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
He was a video game writer and is now a freelance video game writer. Maybe he likes it that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom