Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

May Update on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vault Dweller What happened to April? Is this even the same "series" of updates that you post on your forums? Latest one is still March there. Also, what about your website's front page news, is that abandoned again?

You guys need to make this shit less confusing for future games. :M

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/205255358020875401

May update - added Ganezzar, the ruins of Al-Akia, and Hangar
5 MAY - VINCE
b_193015.jpg

It took us almost 9 months of work to finish the third Chapter. Some of you have participated in the opt-in beta, so you know what to expect. For those who've been patiently waiting or just joining us, here is an overview:

• the third city and two related locations
  • 20 new quests, 10 side-quests and situations, over 30 new NPCs
  • new items (new uniques, artefact, new armor - lorica hamata, power armor with 4 different modes and 3 power levels)
  • tons of system changes and various improvements
  • helmet and shield crafting, various Crafting improvements
  • improved balance, more skill points
  • new achievements, updated journal pages
  • improved combat feedback: attack tooltips and combat panel.
  • optimization (the game should run much faster especially in the cities)
  • proper endings

Due to the system changes, we *strongly* suggest to start a new game. You should be able to use your existing saves but they won't have all the scripts and changes.

Overall, 19 locations out of 22 are now available. We estimate that we'll need 3 months to finish the remaining locations (since none of them is a city).

What's left are the temple you were sent to find and two locations leading to it (dead river and hellgate). We'll start on Dead River tomorrow and keep you posted.

Since the beta is over, we're switching to monthly updates - expect the next update in early June.

As always, thank you for your support and patience.

b_134322.jpg

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Could it be? Will we finally be toasting to AoD a dozen thursdays from now??

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller What happened to April? Is this even the same "series" of updates that you post on your forums?
On Steam (and our front page) we explain what we just added to the game. On our forums we post end-of-the-month status updates.

Latest one is still March there.
I'll do the April update today.

Also, what about your website's front page news, is that abandoned again?
It's one update behind (I was too tired and didn't repost Steam's update from yesterday, please forgive me).

lorica hamata, power armor with 4 different modes and 3 power levels
:roll:
Hopefully it makes more sense in context. What about lorica mobilis, to throw in a Starship Troopers reference?

We estimate that we'll need 3 months to finish the remaining locations
So it's out in 2018 then:troll:

Glad to see it making steady progress at least, and I can wait as long as the Vision™ is not compromised.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BMT has been updated for non steam people.

Also, there some sort of issue that causes the game to crash on startup for users like myself. There a thread on steam and on the iron tower studio forums if you're lost.

Vault Dweller

Developer
The 'third chapter' beta is over, so 19 locations out of 22 are now available. Working on the remaining 3 locations.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I keep blue-balling myself, reading of all these new areas. I really want to play through the game again but I don't want to spoil myself for the final release. I already did that with Teron, which might make getting to the other locations in a new playthrough difficult, since I'm fairly sure I've near exhausted all the possibilities there with previous playthroughs.

It's good to hear you guys are approaching a finish. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. I've already shown it to a few friends and they bought the EA (which is unlike them), with the way turnbased RPGs are going the game might do better than you guys seem to think.

Helton

Arcane
If you know what you want to do you can blaze through Teron in a couple hours. Closer to 15 minutes if its a non-combat path through. :D

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Steam is reporting that there was a twenty-something mb update to AoD today, but I can't find anything describing what was changed.

The game continues to immediately crash when I try to start it, so it doesn't matter right now I suppose.

Vault Dweller

Developer

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
The latest update fixed it, thank you. I know what I'm playing tomorrow!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Okay, just finished the Crassus playthrough, wow.

Anyway, some questions/issues:

1. Where did the demon of zamedi go? He said he was going to the headquarters of House Crassus, which is Ganezzar, but I didn't see him there.

2. Why can't I access the map databases in zamedi? My lore is 8, intelligence 10, and the demon said I could find out the location of Hellgate by checking out the databases. I could ask the demon of Inferai to teach me how to use computers if need be, but would that change anything? Given that I'm clever enough to do everything in Al Akia successfully, you'd think I can check a database for a location.

3. I have a powerglove, bionic eye, and 3 power tubes. I went through the portal at Inferai and am standing on the ledge outside. Why can't I use my eye to see the city in the sky, and go explore with my powerglove (the dead magus just has a glove). When I leave the tower, it says I look back and see all the cool stuff, but why didn't I see it when I was up there, and why can't I try to see it and touch it when I return?

4. When I smashed the demon of inferai with the computer's self defence blast, he dropped two hearts instead of one.

5. I got another heart from Gaelius. Is there any other use for these hearts, or are they just collectors items once you finish zamedi?

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
I feel like the reviewers deriding this game for not being steampunk or postapocalyptic just didnt play long or far enough?

Vault Dweller

Developer
1. Where did the demon of zamedi go? He said he was going to the headquarters of House Crassus, which is Ganezzar, but I didn't see him there.
He didn't say that. He asked about House Crassus, if it still stands. When you answer, he realizes that there's nothing there for him.

2. Why can't I access the map databases in zamedi?
Because you'll be able to teleport straight to the temple. In other words, the option will be added when both the temple and the lower level of the mountain monastery are added.

3. I have a powerglove, bionic eye, and 3 power tubes. I went through the portal at Inferai and am standing on the ledge outside. Why can't I use my eye to see the city in the sky, and go explore with my powerglove (the dead magus just has a glove). When I leave the tower, it says I look back and see all the cool stuff, but why didn't I see it when I was up there, and why can't I try to see it and touch it when I return?
Originally, the idea was that you needed to know how to use the glove properly (i.e. be able to interact with far away objects). So you get the glimpse of the hub above the city, then find someone who can show you how to open the pathway. However, since Ganezzar took a lot longer than we hoped and it's mid May already, we'll skip it for now (as it's an optional content that most players would never see anyway) and either add it after the game is released or not at all. Right now I'm leaning toward 'not at all'.

4. When I smashed the demon of inferai with the computer's self defence blast, he dropped two hearts instead of one.
A bug.

5. I got another heart from Gaelius. Is there any other use for these hearts, or are they just collectors items once you finish zamedi?
There is another way (the endgame content; need to be taught).

hivemind

I'm saving myself to see Genezzar until the game is released in full but there is one thing I would really like to know for min maxing purposes

Can you get more power tubes from Genezzar main/side quests, if so how many?
Are Maadoran side locations(the arch, the library, etc.) still visitable once you enter Genezzar?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm saving myself to see Genezzar until the game is released in full but there is one thing I would really like to know for min maxing purposes

Are Maadoran side locations(the arch, the library, etc.) still visitable once you enter Genezzar?
I went back on my words and did a playthrough. I've only ever been able to get three power tubes (one from the Maadoran merchant, two from high perception in the well, could of got another if I helped the guy demanding justice or if I assaulted the Aurelian Outpost in Teron). I've not been able to find any others, only opportunities to use more.

You could probably get more in Ganezzar by attacking the power armour buyer, but that content hasn't been released yet.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yes. I don't recall how many (since the exact number is subject to change without notice).

Yes. You might have a reason to visit the arch one more time, actually.

hivemind

As long as the number doesn't change to zero I'll be happy.

Thanks for the answer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom